Steve McClaren Sacked Again

David

Doubt Joe McLaren will never tempted be tempted away as chief scout for us that’s for sure. 

Steve “come join me me at my latest club”

Joe “no thanks dad, you’ve had more clubs than Arnold Palmer”.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I think he's still working in football somewhere - just not as a manager

It seems that both Phil Brown and John Gregory are managing in the Indian "Super" League - but apart from that I don't think there are any ex-Derby managers in a first team management role except Nigel

That must be cricket then because they were useless football managers

5 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Think McClaren will go down as one of the world's best coaches. A manager, indifferent.

My wife said "Oh, that's wonderful."

I replied "Yes, it's indifferent".

/old joke - like me.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't Steve say at one point he wanted to become a Director of Football...?

#MAC3 #BELIEVE

We have an owner and manager who have a good relationship, you want to stick a middle man between them who’s been sacked twice previously by the owner?

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Didn't Steve say at one point he wanted to become a Director of Football...?

#MAC3 #BELIEVE

Mcclarens bought some right poo in his time, he’s a good coach but he’d be an abolsutely awful director of football. Clough would probably make a decent one, mac would be the director of football equivalent of Nigel Pearson coaching, an absolute car crash

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Mcclarens bought some right poo in his time, he’s a good coach but he’d be an abolsutely awful director of football. Clough would probably make a decent one, mac would be the director of football equivalent of Nigel Pearson coaching, an absolute car crash

It's the director of football part that he struggles with. An excellent coach, but his signings seem to make his teams weaker.

I really wish someone would either muzzle or cosh this dhead!!!  If ever there was a bloke who loved the sound of his own bullpoo - 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/01/qpr-sack-manager-steve-mcclaren-miserable-run-championship

Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Steve McClaren after a dismal run of form dropped them to 17th in the Championship – but their former manager, Ian Holloway, says he has no sympathy for the man who replaced him at Loftus Road.

“He took my job,” Holloway told talkSPORT. “I still had another year left at the club. I’m still being paid by them now. [McClaren] was talking to the chairman while I was in the job saying what he’d do. He hasn’t been able to do that. What goes around comes around.”

5 hours ago, richinspain said:

It's the director of football part that he struggles with. An excellent coach, but his signings seem to make his teams weaker.

Just out of interest, who did he sign for us? All I can remember were Roos, Nugent and loan signings of Ibe, Ince, Thorne, Lingard. 

I'd argue his signings were pretty good for us, he struggled with some of the dross bought by our other managers. 

Archived