The Politics Thread 2019

Day

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

I have no idea what Javid and Patel think of Johnson. I can only assume that in personal relationships he does not display his racism. When Johnson talks of piccaninies and watermelon smiles he is racist, pure and simple, he probably doesn't think so because its ingrained in him but I would hope most people find those words objectionable when talking about black people.

I was only vaguely aware of Abbot's racist tweets but I have looked them up to refresh my ageing memory...she did make a racist remark stereotyping all whites as divisive, basically saying all white people are racist. She was publicly reprimanded by Ed Miliband at the time, she apologised and took down her tweets. She would probably have made a poor Home Secretary imo even without the tweets.

Johnson, I don't believe, has not made any apologies for his many racist comments over the years. 

Anyway, its a good time to take a rest from the politics until after Christmas when we can really get down to moaning about another five years of privatisations, austerity for the less well off, poorer public services and less regulation on how much pesticides we consume!

My point was, do you not think Javid and Patel are a bit more better placed than us to know whether Johnson is a racist or not?

Deleting a tweet is fine when you come under pressure, it does not change the fact that you thought it in the first place.

I'm fine with Johnson's thoughts being deemed as racist as long as everyone is judged on the same basis.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, maxjam said:

Yup, Antifa seem like a nice bunch ?

Some other video's on twitter showing at least one wearing a 'kill tories' jacket.  Nice.

It's Glasgow, and an unofficial pro Independence protest . Scots not wanting to recognise BJ as their PM, because he instantly dismissed the SNP's request for a 2nd referendum.

A bit rowdy , but nothing serious.

Antifa are about as dangerous as Class War were in the 80's, if you give them any oxygen , then you are an idiot, as is the chap in the "kill Tories Jacket"

It's amazing, the election is over , yet the right wing  members of this forum still have their agendas,  all too willing to believe any distortion of the truth .

47 minutes ago, Bound 2 tease said:

It's Glasgow, and an unofficial pro Independence protest . Scots not wanting to recognise BJ as their PM, because he instantly dismissed the SNP's request for a 2nd referendum.

Antifa are about as dangerous as Class War were in the 80's, if you give them any oxygen , then you are an idiot, as is the chap in the "kill Tories Jacket"

It's amazing, the election is over , yet the right wing  members of this forum still have their agendas,  all too willing to believe any distortion of the truth .

Thought it might be the 'right wing' fault.

Take your blinkers off.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Now I know you are not one that will hide from debate and will answer respectfully even if you disagree with my view, so I will put the below to you. 

Your story above shows how people stick up for their close friends against racism. If you believe Boris is racist, how does this reconcile with him having Javid and Patel in his cabinet? Do you not think they would have something to say about him being a racist?

Ok, let's assume Johnson is a racist and you see Corbyn as the better option. How would you feel about Corbyn having Dianne Abbot as Home Secretary given her past racist comments?

C7F9FAB6-2F0D-4F47-8315-E72662304C57.jpeg.4b39c68dbe54d783077818d9aaec58a3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bound 2 tease said:

What agenda, the truth?

Don't they have Metropolitian Police on their backs?  Didn't Sky News report it as London? 

https://news.sky.com/video/anti-johnson-protesters-take-to-london-streets-11885868

Yeah it happened in Scotland as well, so what?  Does that mean it didn't happen in London or only focussing on London proves I have some sort of right wing agenda?

As @G STAR RAM said, take the blinkers off, you'll see the wider picture.

9 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

How would you feel about Corbyn having Dianne Abbot as Home Secretary given her past racist comments?

The problem is, Labour didn't have likeable people. Good policies, but not the people. 

Corbyn has his followers, but his views on Israel were turned into something nasty. Unfairly, in my opinion, but we still have people who will burst into a round of "no surrender to the IRA" because they don't agree with any negotiated peace. Talking to their "enemy" is treasonous. 

Abbott has more baggage than anyone, and I would have preferred to leave her out of the picture. But the big problem Corbyn had was who he could trust. Almost every Labour MP joined in the no confidence vote. 

Who in Labour wants to promote a manifesto that revitalises the country, and who wants to go for a moderate yet unsupported by the membership manifesto aiming to get back into power? 

I hope Labour don't sway back to centrism. I'll vote lib dem if I want that. Stand up for the working class please, Labour. 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The problem is, Labour didn't have likeable people. Good policies, but not the people. 

Corbyn has his followers, but his views on Israel were turned into something nasty. Unfairly, in my opinion, but we still have people who will burst into a round of "no surrender to the IRA" because they don't agree with any negotiated peace. Talking to their "enemy" is treasonous. 

Abbott has more baggage than anyone, and I would have preferred to leave her out of the picture. But the big problem Corbyn had was who he could trust. Almost every Labour MP joined in the no confidence vote. 

Who in Labour wants to promote a manifesto that revitalises the country, and who wants to go for a moderate yet unsupported by the membership manifesto aiming to get back into power? 

I hope Labour don't sway back to centrism. I'll vote lib dem if I want that. Stand up for the working class please, Labour. 

So what do you think to Abbott's racist comments. 

8 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Interesting interview with a Brummie on LBC with James O'brien earlier and the 21 who died at the hands of the IRA. 

A Union member and Labour voter who voted Conservative. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what do you think to Abbott's racist comments. 

Honestly it's hard for me to answer. 

I'm not a black woman growing up with racists around me, so I don't feel I can tell her how to feel about her experiences. But they don't sit easy with me. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How do you know she grew up around racists?

What do people think about her son biting police officers?

And then taking legal action to suppress papers reporting on it during the election. 

Not very Liberal. 

But I suppose if her and Boris have both said bad things and both have multiple question marks, you can let your bias get in the way of voting someone into the Home Office on charge of the people your son assaults. 

Think Mcdonell was sacked from his previous job too for financial mismanagement. Can vote him in as chancellor too. 

29 minutes ago, Norman said:

And then taking legal action to suppress papers reporting on it during the election. 

Not very Liberal. 

But I suppose if her and Boris have both said bad things and both have multiple question marks, you can let your bias get in the way of voting someone into the Home Office on charge of the people your son assaults. 

Think Mcdonell was sacked from his previous job too for financial mismanagement. Can vote him in as chancellor too. 

Yeah but Boris said the burkha looks like a post box (despite the fact he was defending people's right to wear them).

44 minutes ago, Norman said:

Sounds bad. Hope there's more to it than that.

Legal action has been misused for a long time, it needs addressing. 

The Labour Party has become much less representative of the very communities that it was founded to represent. It's well on truly been hijacked. They are clinging on to what is identified as the working class vote. Time to turf out these hijackers. Whether they be councillors, MP's, activists, members even voters. Let them clear off to the likes of the Greens and other fringe parties and independent candidates. When it comes to election time, almost all will continue to vote Labour. Just don't let them have a seat at the table. Because no one else wants to be there with them and then you never form a government. 

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

That version of Labour disappeared when Gene Hunt took his Cortina to the scrap yard and if somebody says what about Blair to me, taxed the people who were prepared to graft for a living and gave it to those who didn't want to.

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

Pretty damning of Labour, its not the Tories surging ahead its Labour losing its voters.

Brexit, Corbyn, hard left policies cited as top 3 issues.

Do left supporters really know what they want?  Hard left is the only true left, but they don't want that, they seem to want some sort of soft left, capitalists with social leanings, social democrats by name which are really Tories in disguise, the Tony Blair's of this political world and they will probably get them too and when they do and have seen what they actually stand for they will complain that they are too far to the right and none of it was their fault, even if they did vote for them and around we'll go again and it's just the darn left politicians who never seem to be able to get it right for once.

It's a global story, a pathetic tragic farce leading nowhere

Archived