The Politics Thread 2019

Day

What with Bojo's Love Actually parody, we now have Jezza doing a comic turn, in fairness hes quite funny in this. The last one is a right corker.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Current millionaires will still be millionaires under a Labour government, the only difference they'll actually see is less homeless people to step over on their way home..

Oh and a few million more folk with a few extra quid to spend, which I'm sure the wealthiest will get a share of when it trickles up.

A few years of Labour's un-affordable spending and we'll all be millionaires anyway, cos that's what the weekly shop will cost.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Couldn’t even bring myself to press play sorry. 

Your loss. So you dont have to watch he is asked if he has a message for his harshest critic, he says yes 'tell curtains Derby are poo, ner ner ner ner ner'

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's an argument to be had which party would be better in the long-term. Take Labour's 'Tax the Rich' policy as an example. In the short-term, tax receipts will increase, meaning we have more to spend on the NHS, education, etc... However, increased tax rates could drive the rich and/or large companies out of the country, resulting in the net change of tax receipts to decrease and a reduction in education/NHS spending, thus making the children of the future worse off.

Not sure that's anything more than scaremongering. If companies make their money in this country, they will stay in this country. 

3 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

You are a Conservative's dream citizen. You'll be getting a Christmas card and everything x

Thanks 

I really hope so. 

I am not on Santas Corbyn Xmas card list. 

He offers the world for FREE. 

Trouble is he doesn’t worry about the bill 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I believe everyone should be taught financial management at school - it's one of the most important skills in life, but you currently have to learn it by yourself.

Who's going to teach financial management in a country where, in order to get (say) a mortgage, you need to have a credit rating and in order to get a credit rating you need to have incurred debt?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I believe everyone should be taught financial management at school - it's one of the most important skills in life, but you currently have to learn it by yourself.

Yes you are correct although I think it should be part of parenting too.

With me it may have gone in subconsciously but I only learnt after leaving home.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fifteen or so years ago, when I was a bank manager with NatWest, we used to go into schools and deliver a session about money management called Face to Face with Finance. It was always only an add on to their PSE or whatever it's called though. 

Really needs to be part of the curriculum spread over a number os sessions then the kids might take it a little more seriously.

Archived