The Politics Thread 2019

Day

53 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What a silly position. 

A bit like Corbyns Brexit position. 

You could inadvertently get the party in power you don’t want. 

I

Why? By voting for who i want to win?

To be honest i think some of your posts are more damaging towards the tories. Suggesting John Major was a loser despite winning a general election no one expected him to, taking an economy that was in shreds and leaving it in a healthy position for Blairs government, and dont forget his part in the good friday agreement.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

To be honest i think some of your posts are more damaging towards the tories. Suggesting John Major was a loser despite winning a general election no one expected him to, taking an economy that was in shreds and leaving it in a healthy position for Blairs government, and dont forget his part in the good friday agreement.

My advice would be to ignore Curtains in this thread. There are a lot of posters here who I don't agree with but at least put forward coherent and intelligent arguments. IMO Curtains is not here to do that.

12 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It is true. I had no credit rating. I had a bank account and a credit card that I never use. Never taken out a loan and never incurred debt of any kind beyond borrowing money off friends to go out etc. Couldn't get a mortgage. Had to take out HP on some furniture we could have bought outright in order to get a credit rating.

Absolutely insane. Ended up not getting a mortgage but borrowing it from a whole bunch of family members.

How long ago was that though?

My girlfriend moved to this country 4 years ago and had a credit score 2 years ago when we started looking for a mortgage. She had zero historical debt, no credit cards, not registered to vote, etc. We jointly paid for our rented accommodation (it was my name on the bills and I was the one directly paying them), she opened up a bank account, and had a phone contract. Yet she had a (good) credit score. 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My girlfriend moved to this country 4 years ago and had a credit score 2 years ago when we started looking for a mortgage. She had zero historical debt, no credit cards, not registered to vote, etc. We jointly paid for our rented accommodation (it was my name on the bills and I was the one directly paying them), she opened up a bank account, and had a phone contract. Yet she had a (good) credit score. 

It happens more than you'd think Ghost. No or little credit history is a red flag for some lenders irrespective of credit score.

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We returned to the UK in 2009 and tried to get a mortgage in 2012

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Boris threat to axe BBC TV license.

You can choose to pay subscription or not  .

Brilliant I hate the BBC. 

Yes, that’s all very well Mr Johnson, as was all that silly nonsense about the supposed attack on a tory aide in Leeds… but to get back to the original question - what was it about that picture of a 4 year old child being treated on a hospital floor for pneumonia that you so desperately wanted to avoid?

1 minute ago, ramesses said:

what was it about that picture of a 4 year old child being treated on a hospital floor for pneumonia that you so desperately wanted to avoid?

It was the surreptitious theft of the journalists phone that I found the most telling. Then the sheepish looks as the journo mentions it on camera and he realised he had actually just stolen he guy's property and it wasn't a good look.

Do we really deserve politicians who think nothing of swiping a journalist's phone mid-interview just because things are getting awkward?

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Its still working well despite Labour ******** and it is being funded properly 

PS I wouldn’t wipe my arse on the Daily Mirror 

If the NHS is working so well, how do explain toddlers with pneumonia having to sleep on a pile of coats on a hospital floor?

Terribly sorry to bring up the NHS again rather than the stuff you'd like to discuss but the above post rather demands a response.

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

It was the surreptitious theft of the journalists phone that I found the most telling. Then the sheepish looks as the journo mentions it on camera and he realised he had actually just stolen he guy's property and it wasn't a good look.

Do we really deserve politicians who think nothing of swiping a journalist's phone mid-interview just because things are getting awkward?

That one act alone shows what a totally spoilt brat Johnson is, "my sides not winning so I'm taking my ball home".

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Eh? What straws am I grasping at? I literally recounted a televised happening and then questioned whether we deserved politicians that behaved that way.

Oh hang on - I get it. You just figured out how to use gifs and got carried away didn't you?

I was just glad the GIF had a handy subtitle. ?

Archived