Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

As it stands, Chelsea have a manager and, until there have been reports of an official approach for our manager, there is literally nothing for people to worry about.

And from the sounds of it, the noises coming out of Chelsea are that the top brass aren't sure Frank is ready anyway. See the tweet below for reference:

Dean there with his inside knowledge letting us know that some people would like it and some people wouldn't and so it might happen but it might not.

Thanks Dean. 

Just so you know Dean there's a rumour that I might be having steak for tea but there's a high chance of having spaghetti instead. That's breaking news right there. No idle gossip from my hood, homie

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Dean there with his inside knowledge letting us know that some people would like it and some people wouldn't and so it might happen but it might not.

Thanks Dean. 

Just so you know Dean there's a rumour that I might be having steak for tea but there's a high chance of having spaghetti instead. That's breaking news right there. No idle gossip from my hood, homie

Would you rather a journalist just kept that information to himself, as opposed to tweeting it?

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Why ! 

Because elite clubs tend not to pick their managers out of the Championship. 

I can see Dean Smith going to Bayern Munich. 

Chris Wilder must be being considered by Real Madrid?

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

So chelseas training staff who have no view On the matter want Lampard, and the board, who have all the power over the decision, don’t want a manager who’s had one half decent season in the championship because it’s too risky. Who’d have thought?

Are you saying Frank wouldn’t be good at Chelsea because if you are you are wrong IMO 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Thanks Dean. 

To be fair, you would expect some kind of back-peddling given the widespread coverage it’s been given, again just like the link in the first place this is an “obvious” one. 

Chelsea bosses think it’s a risk to appoint a manager with 1 years experience in the 2nd tier

oh my god wow GIF

I’m also expecting Mel has given Frank assurances of money to spend and will let him leave in the summer, Frank being the loyal man felt it was the honourable thing to do and Chelsea agreed to allow him to continue working at Derby, sending him loan players that may feature for their first team next season.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Just keep it to himself. It's hardly news is it? and not exactly what I'd describe as "information"

But who is/isn't to judge whether something is newsworthy enough? Just because it isn't what you would describe as "information" doesn't mean it might not be interesting for someone else.

Not having a go at you, or anyone else, for that matter. Just think it's not worth getting wound up about. 

For what it's worth, in my opinion it is just as reductive to consider Lampard as having no chance of getting the Chelsea job, as it is to think he is a shoe-in for it. 

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Because elite clubs tend not to pick their managers out of the Championship. 

I can see Dean Smith going to Bayern Munich. 

Chris Wilder must be being considered by Real Madrid?

Frank has massive support at Chelsea from the fans.  Fans normally get what they want. Does Chris Wilder and Dean Smith have massive support in Germany and  Spain respectively by those clubs !

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

He couldn’t get us promoted in his first year of management. What makes you think he can do wonders with Chelsea?

If you were a Chelsea fan wouldn't you like to give him a chance - if they've got a transfer ban they can go along with the 'well we're handicapped in enhancing the squad so why not'. It'd be a great change to have a manager you could really get behind, no questions?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you were a Chelsea fan wouldn't you like to give him a chance - if they've got a transfer ban they can go along with the 'well we're handicapped in enhancing the squad so why not'. It'd be a great change to have a manager you could really get behind, no questions?

I agree, I'd want to give him a chance if I was Chelsea. My issue was more Curtains saying he WOULD be good for definite. There's no guarantee there. Just like when we took a risk on him.

36 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

But who is/isn't to judge whether something is newsworthy enough? Just because it isn't what you would describe as "information" doesn't mean it might not be interesting for someone else.

Not having a go at you, or anyone else, for that matter. Just think it's not worth getting wound up about. 

For what it's worth, in my opinion it is just as reductive to consider Lampard as having no chance of getting the Chelsea job, as it is to think he is a shoe-in for it. 

I agree and I personally am not getting wound up about it. Just seems a bit of a pointless twitter message to me especially as it says "people on the ground". Who, and what have they said/been asked? If certain members of staff (possibly, but not necessarily, including senior players) have been asked "would you be keen on seeing Frank as the next Chelsea manager?" It's hardly surprising that some (how many we don't know) have said something along the lines "yes I wouldn't mind"

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Thanks Dean. 

656949314_whynotboth.jpg.a1ab0cd505d79d4c5786fec30dc2dfd9.jpg

The Media keep saying he's done a fantastic job. But has he really? I like Frank & i want him to stay. He made a few mistakes last season which i think he will learn from & get better from. He'll probably need another window or two to shape the team & shift the deadwood. There is also a feel good factor that we have back. So im happy 

But he isn't the miracle worker the National media portray him to be. He wants to play good football but that's different from actually playing good football. We've looked good in glimpses (maybe he doesn't have the players) but at times its been dross as well 

He's taken a side that finished 6th to finish 6th the following season

The media have built him up. You'd think we were relegation fodder until frank came in & saved us. In or around the playoffs was minimum expectation for this club

I dont think he's done a bad job but i dont think he has done an amazing job. I think we'll get better under Frank but i dont see why the Chelsea board would want him other than the lazy link. From the outside its a team that finished 6th finishing 6th again with some favors in loans from his mates. 

Why appoint him? I bet there are plenty of other candidates that are better qualified & happy to take the job. Its just because he played there 

The sooner they sack sarri & appoint someone else the better so we can push on with our season preperations with frank & the boys

19 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

The Media keep saying he's done a fantastic job. But has he really? I like Frank & i want him to stay. He made a few mistakes last season which i think he will learn from & get better from. He'll probably need another window or two to shape the team & shift the deadwood. There is also a feel good factor that we have back. So im happy 

But he isn't the miracle worker the National media portray him to be. He wants to play good football but that's different from actually playing good football. We've looked good in glimpses (maybe he doesn't have the players) but at times its been dross as well 

He's taken a side that finished 6th to finish 6th the following season

The media have built him up. You'd think we were relegation fodder until frank came in & saved us. In or around the playoffs was minimum expectation for this club

I dont think he's done a bad job but i dont think he has done an amazing job. I think we'll get better under Frank but i dont see why the Chelsea board would want him other than the lazy link. From the outside its a team that finished 6th finishing 6th again with some favors in loans from his mates. 

Why appoint him? I bet there are plenty of other candidates that are better qualified & happy to take the job. Its just because he played there 

The sooner they sack sarri & appoint someone else the better so we can push on with our season preperations with frank & the boys

Think that sums it up pretty well. I think we had more games under Frank where we played lovely football than under the snake, but also probably more dross games too where we looked awful......

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think that sums it up pretty well. I think we had more games under Frank where we played lovely football than under the snake, but also probably more dross games too where we looked awful......

Rowetts season was my least favourite season since 2007......I couldn't get excited at all about the kick and rush tactics.

Last year wasn't perfect but we played football again 

Archived