Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the highly unlikely event that Chelsea offer Frank the job as manager, i think he would say thanks but no thanks. 

Okay, done laughing?  Hear me out.  i believe Frank is an ambitious guy who wants to prove he can achieve what a long list of former managers have failed at, actually winning promotion with Derby.  Now, that would be impressive.

Getting Chelsea into a top 5 PL position is like meh compared to that awesome challenge and even then, he would probably get sacked.

I have a feeling about this. Dunno why, maybe it’s to Corinthian Boy Scout in me but I think Mel and Frank know the game and know and respect each other. There is an accord .. what that means for us is still in the air but i scent he wants to stay and only a life changing deal will stop him. BUT Abramovich has the resources to do that. Oh bugger, it’s in the balance isn’t it. ?

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Never heard Macworth called a village before....

Frank would feel right at home in Mackworth, as nearly all the estate's streets names can be found in the London A to Z.

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Still hilarious people think a team who are competing in the Champions League and finished 3rd will want a manager who finished 6th in the league below. 

Football journalism is all for the clicks. It’s not happening. 

Solskjaer wasn't too dissimilar though.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Solskjaer wasn't too dissimilar though.

Solskjaer had about 10 years managerial experience prior to the Utd job and has actually won stuff while in charge. Even then the board are getting criticised for hiring him purely because of that mad run they went on and had they waited until the end of the season it's likely that he would have been turned down.

Solskjaer was way more qualified than Lamps.

Archived