Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Why ! 

Because he likes it at Derby and is safe (as can be) here

the risk for Chelsea of appointing him is far too high, he has had one season in the Championship 

the risk to his career of taking the Chelsea role is far too high , if he fails it will knock his back.

would he be offered a top of job in the Prem with say Everton , I don’t think so

would he be offered a role at a team at the bottom of the Premiership, yes possibly, but that will be different, he would need to keep them up and perform miracles, he would be likely to get the sack so why would he risk it?

for me logic says he is best off here, he is a bright guy he will know that. 

He will leave us but not yet

just my opinion 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Frank has massive support at Chelsea from the fans.  Fans normally get what they want. Does Chris Wilder and Dean Smith have massive support in Germany and  Spain respectively by those clubs !

Igor, Eranio and Wanchope have big support here. 

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would you rather a journalist just kept that information to himself, as opposed to tweeting it?

There is no information. Just more old lady at garden gate gossiping about Lampard to Chelsea which is something they chose to do on the eve of our play off final. 

I'd rather him and the rest of them stick there attention seeking up their arse rather than create disruption. 

He is clearly pretending to know something while covering his back. 

What gets me is this thread should of been done and forgotten by now either Frank coming out and saying once and for all he is staying put so we can crack on with doing some transfer business or he grows a pair and takes the Chelsea job leaving the incoming manager time to get his own players and style he requires.

I can just see it now this lingering on we will lose the manger and all our transfer targets at the same time.Its time for Mel to ask the question one way or the other

Just now, ramboy63 said:

What gets me is this thread should of been done and forgotten by now either Frank coming out and saying once and for all he is staying put so we can crack on with doing some transfer business or he grows a pair and takes the Chelsea job leaving the incoming manager time to get his own players and style he requires.

I can just see it now this lingering on we will lose the manger and all our transfer targets at the same time.Its time for Mel to ask the question one way or the other

As stated multiple times in this thread, there’s nothing to deny. It’s all paper talk. 

Frank has said he’s the manager of Derby County and has two years left on his contract. He’ll be here that first weekend in August. 

3 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I agree, Mel should pick the phone up and ask Roman if he wants his manager ?????

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

There is no information. Just more old lady at garden gate gossiping about Lampard to Chelsea which is something they chose to do on the eve of our play off final. 

I'd rather him and the rest of them stick there attention seeking up their arse rather than create disruption. 

He is clearly pretending to know something while covering his back. 

There's a lot of assumptions in there. Dean Jones is really well respected within the industry so I think the accusations that he is "pretending to know something" and attention seeking are unfair. But if that's your opinion, then fair enough.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's a lot of assumptions in there. Dean Jones is really well respected within the industry so I think the accusations that he is "pretending to know something" and attention seeking are unfair. But if that's your opinion, then fair enough.

Maybe I'm wrong about him but there's plenty of it that goes on and it annoys me how disruptive it has been for us over the last few years. 

You get the "Real Madrid are interested in taking him to Spain but wages are a stumbling block. If a deal can't be reached they'll look to Liverpool's Mane." 

Which if you read it closely actually says "Real Madrid might be interested if he was free but if this transfer doesn't happen i have my excuse made. Then they might look at Mane but do absolutely nothing about it" 

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of transfer windows because of all the gossip and drama. 

People make massive assumptions and about 30 clubs become a "joke club" and have "the entire football league is laughing..." at them.

I hated it since the Mac to Newcastle and Thorne to Derby times

That Thorne to Derby thread has hundreds of "... he's not coming, time to move on" posts. 

Just hate the atmosphere it creates. Not just at Derby but all fans become stroppy teens.

The Lampard thing has really pissed me off because it's such a weak rumour that's grown legs on next to zero indication it was ever likely and it was a distraction before a huge game

7 hours ago, Curtains said:

Ha ha I think 75 Million for Van the man was a snip lol. 

And that, right there, is a slice of vintage Curtains. 

Avoids closing down a conversation via the cunning ploy of introducing a random, utterly unconnected, fact.

Bless you mate, it's like having the forum's very own version of "Mornington Crescent " (for those of us who know "I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue")....????

2 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Steve McClaren told us he was staying and then we sacked him. If Frank says hes staying its meaningless.

This entire thread is based on rumours and guesswork. As is your comment assuming that Mel hasnt spoken to Lampard about his future at the club. They had a meeting about that very thing straight after the playoff final for christs sake.

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

That should just about cover a meal in Denny’s 

I've heard it stings. Going to have to pay for evening dinner with the Princesses.

I feel bad that the kids can't do it but why should I pay for it and miss out

Archived