Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Gone to 6 to 1 on ?

0DC9CBC5-B1DB-4E4A-A577-343EDAA37E40.png

Someone probably but 15 quid on Lamps as they heard a pundit saying on Sky that Lampard could be a good fit for Chelsea. They then slash the odds, then Sky report that the odds on Lampard returning to Chelsea have been slashed, making it even more likely that Lamps will be coming home. 

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

As far as I've seen Frank's been pretty none committal so far.

Can anyone point me in the direction of an interview/quote where he's stated that he's staying at Derby?

This is partly because he would obviously want the job hence when he said I'm not going to answer that as it will create headlines and I'm focused on the next game. I honestly can't blame him, because we're talking about Chelsea - a club where he is deemed the best, or at least one of the best, players in their history. It's not Brighton, Bournemouth or Palace - it's a genuinely massive club with very good players. 

Non-committal is probably the best we can hope for in the circumstances, especially if he backs himself as a manager to do a job (and why shouldn't he). It would be a huge shame, but I felt last year was more difficult for the guy coming in than this year, so we go again by all accounts! I would wish Frank and Chelsea well and hope they can upset the applecart and win the league next season with a transfer embargo, playing the kids including Mount. Tomori will be with us ?

Honestly, our fan base has some sort of insatiable appetite for self loathing. 

McClaren, this, the very worst was when Derby fans on Twitter created a baseless rumour that we were singing Assombalonga and then hammered the club when we didn’t! 

Just chill out. 

16 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Unless Frank has said something to someone how can it be 1/6 ? Frank is staying.

Bookmakers' odds reflect money staked - they have nothing to do with the chances of something happening.

3 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

When he goes would you take rowett back? We scored more goals and finished higher. How about mac3 or even clough2 if the budget is reigned in?

Clough2 would be very painful, and infinitely more preferable to mac3 or Rowettball.

So many deluded people posting on here - if you say it enough times or loud enough Frank will stay!

Rubbish - If he is offered the job he will go and Jody will be with him - course he will - He is an expert at dealing with the media and despite everyone trying to read between the lines of what he has said to find positive hope honestly there is none in any of his interviews - Its all soundbites!

Sorry to burst the bubble of optimism.

Best hope we have is they don't offer it him but personally think with the transfer embargo there is no better match or time for him and Jody to go in with the pressure somewhat off and the opportunity to work with the young players they know better than anyone.

55 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

So many deluded people posting on here - if you say it enough times or loud enough Frank will stay!

Rubbish - If he is offered the job he will go and Jody will be with him - course he will - He is an expert at dealing with the media and despite everyone trying to read between the lines of what he has said to find positive hope honestly there is none in any of his interviews - Its all soundbites!

Best hope we have is they don't offer it him but personally think with the transfer embargo there is no better match or time for him and Jody to go in with the pressure somewhat off and the opportunity to work with the young players they know better than anyone.

Chelsea aren't going to offer a rookie Championship manager with a 43% win rate the job

The idea that Chelsea and Roman see a transfer ban as written off seasons or pressure free or anything like that amazes me. 

We wouldn't accept that at Derby. But at Chelsea with Roman in charge they'll just be happy to write off a year or two. Chelsea!! 

Roman isn't exactly known for his patience and understanding is he. 

The fuss that such a weak linked rumour has created... 

Betting companies have pocketed loads of cash off this. 

1 hour ago, Bluedogmaz said:

What's delusional about thinking Chelsea aren't going to want a manager with one sixth placed finish in the Championship? They're not idiots, Frank might be a Chelsea legend, but plenty of club legends have failed at managing them, they won't appoint Frank unless they're certain he's the best man for the job, and how can they be? Sarri won them a European trophy, and was deemed a failure, how can Frank possibly match that?

Archived