Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I wanted to make homemade coleslaw. I recently bought a magic bullet, but never took it out of the box until last night, and in typical "british" and "bloke" fashion, just went ahead trying to make coleslaw with no instruction, and ended up with coleslaw flavour dip! 

You need to get yourself a Slap Chop.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you take Mel exactly at his word, then the TalkSport interview would suggest that this isn't the case. That as of Wednesday the deal was not done, and that we had not yet begun a process of succession, let alone chosen a successor and allowed them to begin assessing the squad.

Part of me feels that Mel is just too clever to allow that to be the case, though...

I agree mate. Mel will know if he's staying or not.

So if Mel is hanging on hoping Frank will stay and will only start looking after he's gone. Then we're in trouble next season.

27 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm really hoping that, like a few on here have said, that this is all done and they'll announce it in due course and that Mel knows this is done, has a replacement lined up, already spoke to and hopefully this replacement is getting to work on assessing the squad and working out what is needed to push us on.

The transfer window closes in 5 weeks and 6 days. So if we're reacting after Lampard has gone then we've got a problem. Because that isn't enough time for a manager to assess things at all. So if that's the case then you can almost write next season off.

Clearly Lampard isn't staying because that would have been announced by now.

Just like we could have written last season off then...we did not make signings till late on then.It is not like there is a lot of business happening at the moment anyway.This will kick off in the next few weeks has clubs report back and most prem teams are reporting back later than championship one's.

Last year Frank made his signings after the Spanish training camp so still lots of time left and yes I know the window shuts earlier in this country

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Love your optimism mate.

I just think if he was going to stay and a new contract has been on the table that long then surely it would be signed and announced by now?

Agree, if was staying why would he be having a meeting with Chelsea, that would be a waste of time, I don’t think Frank would play one off against another. I think he just wants some assurance about his tenure, expectations and what staff (Jody) he can bring in. That will be sorted and then he will be off 

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I agree mate. Mel will know if he's staying or not.

So if Mel is hanging on hoping Frank will stay and will only start looking after he's gone. Then we're in trouble next season.

Thought he said he’d only look at “in work” Managers once he’s gone. 

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Love your optimism mate.

I just think if he was going to stay and a new contract has been on the table that long then surely it would be signed and announced by now?

Maybe, but he hasn't signed Chelsea's contract either yet 

"Just because someone cleans a toilet impeccably does not mean they would make a good fit as chief porcelain designer at Villeroy and Boch. The environment may be the same but the job description is totally different."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1146176/Frank-Lampard-next-Chelsea-manager-mistake-Derby

not sure if anyone already posted it... but here, for those who didn't see it if it was posted.

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Agree, if was staying why would he be having a meeting with Chelsea, that would be a waste of time, I don’t think Frank would play one off against another. I think he just wants some assurance about his tenure, expectations and what staff (Jody) he can bring in. That will be sorted and then he will be off 

I'm with you on this. I don't think he would go without his own team and his team would 100% want to go to Chelsea. The deals for them will be what is taking time.

Although the only way Frank will stay is if Chelsea don't want Jody Morris, there's no chance of that being reality so no point hanging onto that.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Need this all sorting really! 

At this rate we will get to Monday and our manager for next season probably wont be taking the first training session of Pre season.

Our squad is okay at the minute but we need to be improving, not going backwards. If we dont sign some players were only going to go backwards next season.

Shinnie is the only player we have signed so far and he was Franks purchase. We need more players and dont need to be signing players too late into to pre season that we have to leave some of them out like Marriott for 2 months!!

Or maybe he will be - Wassallinho seems like the likely man to take control of first team duties until a permanent replacement is announced. He's also in with a shout of being the next permanent manager 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

"Just because someone cleans a toilet impeccably does not mean they would make a good fit as chief porcelain designer at Villeroy and Boch. The environment may be the same but the job description is totally different."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1146176/Frank-Lampard-next-Chelsea-manager-mistake-Derby

not sure if anyone already posted it... but here, for those who didn't see it if it was posted.

Good article. It makes logical sense. Chelsea and Lampard are making a decision based on emotion and not common sense. Lampard should remain at Derby for a couple more years. However for Derby's sake I hope his move is resolved quickly so that we can move on with a new manager.

12 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Just like we could have written last season off then...we did not make signings till late on then.It is not like there is a lot of business happening at the moment anyway.This will kick off in the next few weeks has clubs report back and most prem teams are reporting back later than championship one's.

Last year Frank made his signings after the Spanish training camp so still lots of time left and yes I know the window shuts earlier in this country

Yes but last season we had a new manager in place on May 31st. So Lampard had the whole of June to assess his squad and have discussions with Mel and the recruitment team of where we need to strengthen.

Say we appoint a new manager next week. He's got 5 weeks then. It's not long enough.

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yes but last season we had a new manager in place on May 31st. So Lampard had the whole of June to assess his squad and have discussions with Mel and the recruitment team of where we need to strengthen.

Say we appoint a new manager next week. He's got 5 weeks then. It's not long enough.

Whatever - but you have already decided it's a disaster, based more on your own negative attitude rather than any objective facts.

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I wanted to make homemade coleslaw. I recently bought a magic bullet, but never took it out of the box until last night, and in typical "british" and "bloke" fashion, just went ahead trying to make coleslaw with no instruction, and ended up with coleslaw flavour dip! 

Best....coleslaw....evar!!!

http://www.emophilips.com/writings/emocopia/121

19 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Whatever - but you have already decided it's a disaster, based more on your own negative attitude rather than any objective facts.

"Whatever" what are you 12?

I've not said anything along the lines of it'll be a disaster. Just that you may as well write next season off as in top 6. Be very difficult to get there.

Let's pretend today that Frank is signing a contract with Derby but is waiting for 1st July for FFP reasons;

What an absolutely epic piece of PR by Mr Mel Morris, imagine the excitement amongst Derby fans, the hype in the world's media, our promotion odds would soar and any potential investor would throw money at us like dollar bills at a stripper.

We all know he is going, but there is still that small small hope that Mel is playing the whole world ?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's pretend today that Frank is signing a contract with Derby but is waiting for 1st July for FFP reasons;

What an absolutely epic piece of PR by Mr Mel Morris, imagine the excitement amongst Derby fans, the hype in the world's media, our promotion odds would soar and any potential investor would throw money at us like dollar bills at a stripper.

We all know he is going, but there is still that small small hope that Mel is playing the whole world ?

Imagine, honestly just imagine. This forum would break. Sky Sports will just disappear for a while, every single media outlet who said it was a done deal will be absolutely frigged. Everyone's da who was heartbroken with the thought of him going would be neckin pints, It would be a proper celebration.

35 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

"Whatever" what are you 12?

I've not said anything along the lines of it'll be a disaster. Just that you may as well write next season off as in top 6. Be very difficult to get there.

MackworthRamIsGod said we are going to be relegated next season though.You have very similar names - very easy to get confused.

Archived