Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well if Talk Sport were correct about the 48 hours, all should become clear by this time tomorrow.

'Well if Talk Sport were correct'...it would be a first!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people getting carried away with the Frank Lampard story, lets be Honest, the following were better managers last year namely 

Farke, Norwich

WIlder, Sheffield Utd 

BIlesa, Leeds 

Smith, Villa

Derby played some shockers last year and only got going in the last 7 games really, Leeds second leg, was great but a little fortunate, and Villa bossed the game at Wembley, in essence Frank Lampard hasn't proven anything yet, showing promise but that’s it really. 

If he wants to go, let him, and let’s get some one who can get us promoted, Frank  didn’t deliver that.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well if Talk Sport were correct about the 48 hours, all should become clear by this time tomorrow.

Ridiculous. The 1982 version with Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy was definitive.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've got their Twitter post about that in a tab saved in the top left corner of my computer screen. Just 25 hours, 41 minutes before I can hit them with the "so has he gone yet, then?"

Just now, JfR said:

I've got their Twitter post about that in a tab saved in the top left corner of my computer screen. Just 25 hours, 41 minutes before I can hit them with the "so has he gone yet, then?"

'last minute complications re. backroom staff' expecting the deal to be done in another 48 hours...

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That one wasn't good.

Neither were. That's the thing about jokes - it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

47 minutes ago, MacRam said:

Are people getting carried away with the Frank Lampard story, lets be Honest, the following were better managers last year namely 

Farke, Norwich

WIlder, Sheffield Utd 

BIlesa, Leeds 

Smith, Villa

Derby played some shockers last year and only got going in the last 7 games really, Leeds second leg, was great but a little fortunate, and Villa bossed the game at Wembley, in essence Frank Lampard hasn't proven anything yet, showing promise but that’s it really. 

If he wants to go, let him, and let’s get some one who can get us promoted, Frank  didn’t deliver that.

smith and farke had parachute money, and clubs that had spent a couple of seasons properly investing in players.

bielsa was great for Leeds but the wheels came off, and we stuffed them when it mattered

wilder did a great job but was building that team for 3 years

In comparison, Frank was bequeathed huddlestone, cameron jerome, joe ledley, sergeant wilson and corporal jones.

It was a very very good first season. 

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The first one was ok .  No Beverley Hills cop or the definitive Eddie Murphy 80's movie Trading Places.

...which had Dan Ackroyd helping, of course. Agreed, Trading Places was excellent.

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

...which had Dan Ackroyd helping, of course. Agreed, Trading Places was excellent.

Ackroyed in the 80s was a greater comic genius. Blues Brothers and Ghost Busters are two films that he co-wrote. I do love the Murph, but Ackroyed is another level. 

15 minutes ago, Officer said:

Ackroyed in the 80s was a greater comic genius. Blues Brothers and Ghost Busters are two films that he co-wrote. I do love the Murph, but Ackroyed is another level. 

Blues Brothers 2000 was appalling.

Perhaps more credit should go to Belushi.

(Like Clough needed Taylor, Lampard Morris...)

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Blues Brothers 2 was appalling.

Perhaps more credit should go to Belushi.

The Blues Brothers is a 1980 American musical comedy film directed by John Landis. ... The film's screenplay was written by Aykroyd and Landis. No Belushi I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, MacRam said:

Farke, Norwich

WIlder, Sheffield Utd 

BIlesa, Leeds 

Smith, Villa

I would agree, although Smith came close to bottling the play-offs against WBA. We all know that the Villa team had the most quality in the league, certainly in the second part of the season. They had the investment. 

Farke was dealt a rough hand by the owners of Norwich and he managed the unthinkable. They sold all their reputable best players and reinvested next to nothing. He got promotion. Wilder has built a team full of rejects, implemented into a system that seems to baffle even the best managers at this level and won promotion. Bielsa is a great manager, but that Leeds team really isn't great. It's a credit he was able to run them so close. 

I agree Farke, Bielsa and WIlder are certainly at this moment in time much better managers than Lampard. Indisputable in my opinion. Lampard and Smith did a similar level job in my opinion. I think the little bloke at Bristol outshone both Lampard and Smith too, this season. He really didn't have the best players at his disposal, also had to sell to buy and had a good season. Bottled it in no uncertain terms, however.

Lampard's first season was promising, very promising, and if he sticks around I think he would be in a great position going into next season to achieve promotion. I think whoever comes in will have a very good chance of promotion, we're in the best position we have been in years thanks to the sale of Pride Park and an ever-decreasing wage bill. Invest intelligently, i.e. fill in the few gaps we have, coach the current players at the club and we're good to go. The longer this saga drags on, the more difficult it becomes to guarantee the required time and effort is spent on the squad achieving that. 

3 minutes ago, Officer said:

The Blues Brothers is a 1980 American musical comedy film directed by John Landis. ... The film's screenplay was written by Aykroyd and Landis. No Belushi I'm afraid.

They also wrote and produced Blues Brothers 2000 which was very poor in comparison. 

My point about Belushi was that, as a member of the cast, he helped carry the first film and maybe contributed to the humour without getting a credit on the authorship.

3 minutes ago, Officer said:

5 minutes made that film for me - Cab Calloway singing Minnie The Moocher. Amazingly, that was almost 50 years after he first recorded it.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Instead of the 'Ian Wright, Wright, Wright' chat we could change it to 'Derby, bounce, bounce, bounce'

Can't be any worse than some of the other suggestions for our next manager either!

You've got to bare in mind that this wouldn't be "Ian Wright, Wright, Wright" these days but "Ian Wright, Wright Wright Wright Wright Wright Wright, Ian Wright, wright, wright, wright, Wright, Wright, Wright, Ian Wright" to the tune of Baby Shark.

Now just think what you've started!

If Lamps goes then Gerrard in my perfect fix. It’s English football so of course it could happen, forget about size of club. Better for any manager. We need to know soon as, longer it drags on the more it affects our pre season. This is a miffed Rams fan just now, not ideal

Archived