Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it the news that Benitez will leave Newcastle that brought this website down as folks clamoured for news of Chelsea's interest in the Spanish one?

Do not get your hopes up everyone. There would be a riot down there if Chelsea appointed Rafa instead of Frank ☹️

58 minutes ago, MarchesRam said:

Now Rafa has bolted from Newcastle, do we have competition for who we want to sign?

I don't think we will be fishing in the same pool as Newcastle.

If they want recommendations though Gary Rowett or Paul Clement would suit them perfectly.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Talksport, Derby Telegraph, Telegraph. 3 different stories. 

One thing is absolutely certain though now and that is he's going.

Chris Hughton please.

I agree it's looking very likely but what makes you think it's "absolutely certain"?

I've been certain that the longer this has gone on, the more likely it is that there was never anything in this and it was all media guff. Now though, I'm reminded that Chelsea aren't exactly the most honest and open club on the planet and it makes me think they just genuinely don't care how long this takes at all. I'd just hope Lampard has enough about him to take his current employers into consideration and either make it clear he's off or - and I'm really entering wishful thinking territory here - tells Chelsea to hop it if they're gonna be dicks about it. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The problem we have if Frank leaves is that we are nowhere near as attractive for potential player acquisitions ,either loans or permanents.  I'm sorry but unless Mel really pulls off a minor miracle our new manager will not compare. Lampard or Moore, Lampard or Hughton,  Lampard or ???

Oh well...……..UTR

Yes we are in many ways. 

Don’t like how many talks are (if reports are to be believed) said to have happened with Lampard over the job without first us receiving an official approach. Not the way football business ethics work, informal talks or not. Things should’ve been done properly and if this goes through this quickly (this week) like is being said with us still not having the official approach, it would suggest such talks have happened. No way can a managerial appointment happen that quickly otherwise. Hopefully whatever happens we get decent compo for the rest of his backroom staff too, will ease FFP worries further and give us some money to play with assembling the next staff. Just wish Chelsea would make that official move so we know for sure where we stand rather than all these rumours. Least franks back off holiday now so one way or another this should get resolved. I’m sure we’re containing as though nothing is happening which is exactly the right move to make and preparations for the new season will be underway, but when things step up a gear next week we want the man who’ll be in the dugout next season taking training. 

Hope whoever is in charge we can get some decent transfers in because we need a number in to build a squad capable of promotion. Would rather we build around permanent signings this time if at all possible as that’s always better for the long term imo.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I can't believe the forum suffered a 'network routing issue' at such a crucial time in the Frank Lampard saga.  It was lunchtime and I didn't know how long to refrigerate my crisps for!

You didn't go too long did you? Crisp induced brain freeze can be a nightmare

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Replace Frank with Rafa and I would be happy.

Although sounds like Rafa has been offered big money abroad so no chance we would be in for him.

Benitez is a good manager, but far, far, far out of our price range. We arent Newcastle and we dont have parachute payments - unless he decides to take a massive pay cut he aint coming here.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Benitez is a good manager, but far, far, far out of our price range. We arent Newcastle and we dont have parachute payments - unless he decides to take a massive pay cut he aint coming here.

Press are reporting he's not interested in China and wants to stay in Europe, managing in CL / Europa League.

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t like how many talks are (if reports are to be believed) said to have happened with Lampard over the job without first us receiving an official approach. Not the way football business ethics work, informal talks or not. Things should’ve been done properly and if this goes through this quickly (this week) like is being said with us still not having the official approach, it would suggest such talks have happened. No way can a managerial appointment happen that quickly otherwise. Hopefully whatever happens we get decent compo for the rest of his backroom staff too, will ease FFP worries further and give us some money to play with assembling the next staff. Just wish Chelsea would make that official move so we know for sure where we stand rather than all these rumours. Least franks back off holiday now so one way or another this should get resolved. I’m sure we’re containing as though nothing is happening which is exactly the right move to make and preparations for the new season will be underway, but when things step up a gear next week we want the man who’ll be in the dugout next season taking training. 

Hope whoever is in charge we can get some decent transfers in because we need a number in to build a squad capable of promotion. Would rather we build around permanent signings this time if at all possible as that’s always better for the long term imo.

For now, take it all with a pinch of salt. The guy who’s writing for the Evening Standard and the talksport Guy are angling for the ‘we broke the story first’ line.

Go with the DET and Percy lines that we haven’t been approached but pretty much ‘expecting it’. Then get annoyed at Chelsea for acting like silly buggers.

Archived