Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The problem we have if Frank leaves is that we are nowhere near as attractive for potential player acquisitions ,either loans or permanents.  I'm sorry but unless Mel really pulls off a minor miracle our new manager will not compare. Lampard or Moore, Lampard or Hughton,  Lampard or ???

Oh well...……..UTR

Domenico tedesco ?

5 minutes ago, Rambam said:

How can Talksport tell us they’ve been told Frank will be ‘confirmed’ as Chelsea manager in the next 48 hours, when he is still the manager of Derby County? 

This really grinds my gears. 

Because there is a source at Chelsea who keeps leaking stuff like this out to journos who are lapping it up.

Its either correct in terms of Lampard is going but hasn’t been approached, and journos are getting ahead of themselves. Or it’s a desperate last ploy to entice by putting something like that out there and saying ‘look at the fans are responding to it’. It’s probably the former but we can only wait and see now 

It's OK - we'll have the last laugh, as this is really a lose-lose situation for Chelsea

If Frank makes a mess of it there, then they have wrecked the reputation of their greatest player and will look pretty stupid gambling on him when he only has one season of management experience in a lower league

The flipside being that if he does even a top 6 job there - the instant the England manager job comes up for grabs - he'll be off.

56 minutes ago, JimmyDCFC said:

I've been certain that the longer this has gone on, the more likely it is that there was never anything in this and it was all media guff. Now though, I'm reminded that Chelsea aren't exactly the most honest and open club on the planet and it makes me think they just genuinely don't care how long this takes at all. I'd just hope Lampard has enough about him to take his current employers into consideration and either make it clear he's off or - and I'm really entering wishful thinking territory here - tells Chelsea to hop it if they're gonna be dicks about it. 

If/when he goes, I kind of feel that he has already burnt a few bridges in my eyes. Every day that has gone by, is one less day for us planning. I'm sure we have a shortlist in place but we're what, 7/8 days from the players returning? I see transfers being done etc

Of course I want him to stay, and in the miracle he does, he can come out and say planning never stopped etc

All over, by the virtue of this not being done quickly (one way or another), this will be a messy situation.

Guess it does make sense Chelsea could’ve been waiting for Lampard to get back from his holidays before making the official approach, wouldn’t want to talk business I wouldn’t suspect while away. Hopefully things crack on this week then, we need this resolved with a new man in ASAP before next Monday. Get that approach in tomorrow chelsea and stop pissing around, if nothing else to stop the insanity of this thread! And so we can make our own approaches before the best options go!

Worrying that the telegraph says it’s affecting our transfer plans, we don’t want to be missing out on our top targets and ending up down our list of options because of the speculation. Hopefully a week today everything is sorted, one way or another. All these ex pros commenting gets to me as well, so much disrespect about. Let’s get rid of the circus. Talk when the deal is done, not beforehand. They’ll be saying they knew it all along if it all goes wrong I’m sure. Bankers

If Frank moves I think a lot of people will feel a bit like the dude who gets chatted up by an attractive girl only to find out his dad is nailing her.

I *suspect* Mel knows what is happening, but if he is in the dark and Frank is talking to Chelsea and proceeds to move - then quite honestly I hope he crashes and burns.

There's 1% of me that thinks him and Mel will release a statement saying he has a job to do at Derby and they're looking forward to getting back to work next week.

It's probably the Village Idiot 1%, but there you have it.

34 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

For now, take it all with a pinch of salt. The guy who’s writing for the Evening Standard and the talksport Guy are angling for the ‘we broke the story first’ line.

Go with the DET and Percy lines that we haven’t been approached but pretty much ‘expecting it’. Then get annoyed at Chelsea for acting like silly buggers.

Oh naturally, the media have already been proven to be talking balls by Mel. Reporting has been ridiculous over this. I think what Percy has said is the truth, he’s going but that approach hasn’t happened yet. Just hurry up chelsea!

36 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Press are reporting he's not interested in China and wants to stay in Europe, managing in CL / Europa League.

I'm glad - going to China is like giving up on your career. He shouldn't be wasting his time over there when he is more than capable of competing at the highest level in Europe.

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Guess it does make sense Chelsea could’ve been waiting for Lampard to get back from his holidays before making the official approach, wouldn’t want to talk business I wouldn’t suspect while away. Hopefully things crack on this week then, we need this resolved with a new man in ASAP before next Monday. Get that approach in tomorrow chelsea and stop pissing around, if nothing else to stop the insanity of this thread! And so we can make our own approaches before the best options go!

Worrying that the telegraph says it’s affecting our transfer plans, we don’t want to be missing out on our top targets and ending up down our list of options because of the speculation. Hopefully a week today everything is sorted, one way or another. All these ex pros commenting gets to me as well, so much disrespect about. Let’s get rid of the circus. Talk when the deal is done, not beforehand. They’ll be saying they knew it all along if it all goes wrong I’m sure. Bankers

If Frank is staying it won't effect our transfers other than nothing appears to be in the pipeline.

His targets will still be his targets.

If Frank is going, then the new guy will probably want his own targets. ERGO no point in doing business right now.

The only way it is going to effect us if it drags on too long and the new guy (if there is to be one) wants the transfers that have been snapped up.

13 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The only way it is going to effect us if it drags on too long and the new guy (if there is to be one) wants the transfers that have been snapped up.

We've already missed out on Sammy Ameobi after all this disruption... ?

5 hours ago, eddie said:

Yes. My latest order from Belgiuminabox has made its way from Mechelen (Antwerp) across the Channel to Hinckley, and is now on the DPD van in 'Out for delivery' status. I expect it around 1:00 pm today.

Well, I hope it arrives, Eddie. I took a musical instrument to a repairers for refurbishment and silver plating. They sent it to the platers by DPD and it never arrived. That was in February. I'm still waiting for resolution. A new replacement costs upwards of £2,800, and DPD's insurers are playing hard ball.

23 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If Frank is staying it won't effect our transfers other than nothing appears to be in the pipeline.

His targets will still be his targets.

If Frank is going, then the new guy will probably want his own targets. ERGO no point in doing business right now.

Yeah if frank stays nothing changes, but that’s not going to happen i don’t think. Would be odd if he was staying for there to be no rumours at all.

Your last line is my point- we need this done soonish or whoever’s in charge doesn’t get their first choice targets most likely. Good players attract a lot of offers, we need to get things sorted so we can start making those offers and getting those good players. Otherwise they go elsewhere and we end up with the lesser players less clubs want. Simple as.

51 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

If Frank moves I think a lot of people will feel a bit like the dude who gets chatted up by an attractive girl only to find out his dad is nailing her.

I *suspect* Mel knows what is happening, but if he is in the dark and Frank is talking to Chelsea and proceeds to move - then quite honestly I hope he crashes and burns.

There's 1% of me that thinks him and Mel will release a statement saying he has a job to do at Derby and they're looking forward to getting back to work next week.

It's probably the Village Idiot 1%, but there you have it.

As well as all this attention in the media! Possibly a master stroke! I guess we'll know soon enough. 

Archived