Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Mel statement tells us nothing though 

It says plenty 

Frank is our manager and is continuing preparations for the upcoming season

This will be the situation until Chelsea make a formal request to speak to Frank, which they haven't so far.

If Chelsea what him, they have to make an approach.

Until such time as they do, it's business as normal.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Didn't you once star in 'The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy'? as Marvin?

Insulting to Marvin; brain the size of a planet, remember? ? 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Not true. It confirms that there has been no approach and it formally sets out Derby’s current position.  Everything else is speculation.

For example, I’ve just heard Talksport say that ‘Lampard is closing in on the manager’s position’.  How can that be true when there has been no formal approach or even statement front chelsea that they want him.

FWIW, I am sure he will be going, but while it is very loud noise, so far that’s all it is!

Mel us just letting it be known that Frank can go in my eyes if the compensation is paid. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It says plenty 

Frank is our manager and is continuing preparations for the upcoming season

This will be the situation until Chelsea make a formal request to speak to Frank, which they haven't so far.

If Chelsea what him, they have to make an approach.

Until such time as they do, it's business as normal.

They will make an approach. 

Business as usual 

I don’t think so. 

Just now, Curtains said:

They will make an approach. 

Business as usual 

I don’t think so. 

I'm not saying they won't.  That's not the point.

You're regurgitating the media's regurgitation.  Nobody is getting close to agreeing a deal with anyone because Chelsea haven't done the one thing they must do for the wheels to start turning.  No matter what waffle you or SSN/BBC/ESPN say, nothing can happen until then.  So whay bother recycling guess work??

#wum

You just know that even if there's an unlikely turnaround and somehow Lampard stays at Derby then the national press & Sky Sports wouldn't simply let it drop.

Lampard to Chelsea is one of the biggest, messiest wet dreams they've had in years, they'll do absolutely everything in their power to ensure they make it into a reality and if it doesn't happen then somehow we'll be public enemy number one in their eyes, a free hit for any old ******** story designed to unsettle the club.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Anybody else's relationship on hold whilst this whole saga is being played out?

In constantly on my fine, I can't sit with the wife and watch anything and won't commit to going out in case I miss something...it's marriage bliss.

Aye! Can't bring myself to visit the wives, collect more wives or sell pegs Dave.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Anybody else's relationship on hold whilst this whole saga is being played out?

In constantly on my fine, I can't sit with the wife and watch anything and won't commit to going out in case I miss something...it's marriage bliss.

Only me and you think he’s leaving 

Cell block H thinks he’s staying for sure  

49 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure that it's got much to do respect. I respect @Alpha as superb poster on here, but...if he's flogging a 10 year old fiesta and wants £2k for it and I'm looking for a car for my daughter and I know his Mrs is giving him grief to get that old nail off the drive, I'm going to offer £1k for a quick sale, safe in the knowledge that my daughter doesn't turn 17 for a few weeks so I can wait, but he's not getting any until he's sold the car. 

Not getting any anyway while Love Island is on. 

What have they got that we haven't?

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not getting any anyway while Love Island is on. 

What have they got that we haven't?

Straighter lines

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

You've been sitting on the fence a bloody long time, your a*** cheeks must be a bit numb by now

1 hour ago, eddie said:

The fence-post is an interesting shape - most accommodating.

Sitting on the fence is the only plausible option. Anyone who takes a strong view either way is foolish IMO. You can’t have an opinion when you don’t know what’s true and what’s false.

28 minutes ago, Coconut said:

You just know that even if there's an unlikely turnaround and somehow Lampard stays at Derby then the national press & Sky Sports wouldn't simply let it drop.

Lampard to Chelsea is one of the biggest, messiest wet dreams they've had in years, they'll do absolutely everything in their power to ensure they make it into a reality and if it doesn't happen then somehow we'll be public enemy number one in their eyes, a free hit for any old ******** story designed to unsettle the club.

Absolutely no change there, then.

Archived