Who do you think will finish 6th

Bob The Badger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Villa n boro for 5th and 6th. We're 8th again. 

If both Villa and Preston win today. We will be out of the play offs.

I do wish fans would be more realistic, we have just have 5 pts from 18 and going into the business end of the season and some still think we are playoff hopefuls.  We need to offload most of the squad at the end of the season and bring in more quality if promotion is required. At the moment we are an average championship side and no more.

Results and performances speak for themselves.

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

I do wish fans would be more realistic, we have just have 5 pts from 18 and going into the business end of the season and some still think we are playoff hopefuls.  We need to offload most of the squad at the end of the season and bring in more quality if promotion is required. At the moment we are an average championship side and no more.

I think we are still in the mix for 6th. 

We cant play today because Swansea are still in the FA Cup and we will play that in the penultimate game now. 

48 minutes ago, toddy said:

The fact that we are currently in 6th with everything in our hands has absolutely no bearing on the situation. 

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we are still in the mix for 6th. 

We cant play today because Swansea are still in the FA Cup and we will play that in the penultimate game now. 

If we did play today that would be more points dropped. At least now we can have a rest and hopefully revitalise the attack for the run in. Still not optimistic though.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

If we did play today that would be more points dropped. At least now we can have a rest and hopefully revitalise the attack for the run in. Still not optimistic though.

Disagree with this, last 2 home games, we have improved and should have took the 3 points against Stoke, we were by far the better team, hitting the woodwork twice, and. Butland in great form, why would we not beat Swansea who are a team goin nowhere, let's get a positive feeling going into the final 9 games, all to play for, and we will have a few back from injury like Mount, who we have really missed, so for myself it will be close, but I believe Derby will just about do it, think Boro will drop out, it will be us and Villa and the top 4 at present who will make up the top 6.

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

preston villa win,  top 6 unlikely unless we get 4 out of brentford and blackburn away 

But we're 1 point behind them both, with a game in hand.

If we look to the future, as opposed to the past (recent form), we have more chance of 6th than either of them.

#halffull

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

preston villa win,  top 6 unlikely unless we get 4 out of brentford and blackburn away 

We have Rotherham at home next and we will probably draw going off how we have been against the lower end teams, I wouldn't take any game for granted with how poor we have been in the final third recently.  I reckon 9th is where we will finish , unless something changes big time in how we attack teams,.

7 teams with 9 games to go can all get 5th and 6th still loads to play for. 

Mount could galvanize the team and provide the spark which has been lacking of late. 

I feel it will suit the younger players better being the chasers rather than the chased.

Doesnt really matter if we fail a seismic shift of players is coming in the summer. 

On 12 March 2019 at 23:53, RamNut said:

Aston villa could come late to the party. 

The've still got to play forest, boro, sheff wed and bristol, leeds and norwich. Anything against leeds and norwich would be a bonus, but they are quite capable of winning the other four. We will soon know if they can put a late run together in time. My guess is that they will.

already up to 6th. Four straight wins and 11 goals scored.

Bristol city and derby still with game(s) in hand but thats academic when you look at form / fixtures

Villa v west brom in the play offs, then sheff utd or leeds at wembley. They must be worth a flutter.

30 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

But we're 1 point behind them both, with a game in hand.

If we look to the future, as opposed to the past (recent form), we have more chance of 6th than either of them.

#halffull

villa preston on better form than us, so are sheff wednesday

14 minutes ago, David said:

Looking at the table it’s hard to see us finish lower than 5th. Looking forward to battering Leeds at Wembley, where better to get revenge?

Go for it ?

image.thumb.jpeg.34d1fb83b289c883cf21e6020d6dc5f8.jpeg

We’ve not put a run together all season. In recent seasons we have a bit of an unbeaten streak or winning streak. This year we win a couple, draw a couple then lose. Last few games we’ve been out of form. We’re due a run of wins ? put some form together, sneak 6th, go in to the playoffs as the form side & win it ? 

6th SPOT Who it could be, the contendersMiddlesbrough= Haven't won in 4 and lost the last 3 (Current form suggests not making top 6 when you also consider they still have to play Norwich, Bristol, Hull and Forest in their 9 remaining matches).  Aston Villa= Haven't lost in 5, won last 4 games. (Current form suggests 5th spot, but can they keep it up in their last 8 games with Sheff wed (a) Bristol (h) and their last 2 matches are Leeds and Norwich). Preston= Gone 12 matches unbeaten (Have they peaked to early and with Sheff utd, Leeds and WBA their first 3 games in April, could kill them off). Bristol=Haven't won in 5 matches, but have 2 games in hand over most teams in the mix. (Will struggle to get any higher than 8th with Boro, Villa, WBA, Derby and both Sheffield clubs to play away in their 10 remaining games) . Sheffield Wed= On a great run, 11 match unbeaten even though they still have a minus goal difference. (their current position is maybe the highest they can finish when you consider they still have Villa, Preston, Forest, Leeds, Norwich and Bristol to play in their last 8 games). Forest= Only won once in last 4 games, but only 3 points from 6th spot. (Still have both Sheffield clubs to play away and Boro at home. Hate to say it but could finish 6th). Hull City=6 points off 6th place with a minus goal difference. (with Boro, WBA, Sheff Utd and Bristol to play cannot see them breaking into the top 6). Birmingham= Just lost their 4th game on the trot and still only 7 points off 6th. (Hitting bad form at the wrong time and still have WBA, Leeds, Sheff Utd and Derby to play, will be out the running by the time they play us on the 19th April). Brentford= I have included them in with a shout because they still have 9 games to play and have a goal diff of 10+ and also just 8 points off 6th. (remaining matches against all teams fighting to stay up barring games against Derby, Leeds and Preston). I could include Swansea, because they still have 10 games left. But they have been inconsistant all season, still have Forest, Brentford. Boro and Derby on May 1st.

Now THE RAMS= Still have 9 games to play, 1 point off 6th spot and currently been inconsistant. Played better in their last 2 matches but only got draws. Have 4 games at home and 5 away to play. They need fitness back for Lawrence, Marriott and Huddlestone. Bryson, Carson and Mount should be back from injuries to feature in most of the remaining games. With only 2 games against sides in the relegation battle (Rotherham and Bolton at home) they have got to be both won. We also have for our next away game a tricky match at Brentford, we need at least a draw. We have 3 other games against middle table teams who currently are not in the promotion race or threatened with going down (QPR, Blacburn, and Swansea). They are must win games. The others are against teams still in the mix for promotion, Birmingham, Bristol and WBA. The match against Birmingham (A) Is April 19th, by then they would have played WBA, Leeds and Sheff Utd so they could be out the running. The Bristol (A) game comes at the end of April and by then they would have completed fixtures against Boro, Villa, WBA and both Sheffield clubs and they should be out the running. Westbrom, being our last game would see us playing against a side that by then will have secured their play off place and the game would be a dead rubber for them. With the 17 day break, players coming back from injury, others getting their fitness levels up, possible start of some good form and results. WE could be the team to get 6th spot, but don't right off 5th.                                                                                                                                                                   

Archived