Sign in to follow this  
Bob The Badger

Who do you think will finish 6th

Strangely after last nights 0-0 and two points dropped I feel more positive about our top 6 chances than I have done for a few weeks. Forget the result, the performance was the best for weeks, probably the best home performance in 2019 (better than the victories over Reading Hull and Wigan), on another day we would’ve won. And this was without Mount, Bryson, Bennett, and without an in-form Wilson, Marriott or Huddlestone. Lawrence made a huge difference, 17 day break, get everyone fit, Mount makes Wilson Marriott and others play better - he could be our Grealish in the run in.

We have every chance of top 6. Will we get there who knows? Villa are the only team I fear, and i think they will get there sadly which means boro need to be dragged back to give ourselves the best chance.

I'd back us over any team below us - the only problem is there are a fair few not far behind and it only takes one to prove me wrong and go on a fantastic run.   

I'm not one that believes Villa have suddenly turned the corner - the nature of this division is teams go on runs and then fall back - Bristol did it, Preston have done it (maybe still on that run haven't checked) , QPR even did it for a while, now it's Villa's turn.   They've got a hard run in and whilst they are in the mix with us starting to pick up a little bit and players coming back I reckon you could make as much of a case for us picking up points as anyone other than the top 3.   

22 hours ago, plymouthram said:

We are now on a 17 day break from any matches. Time to pump those tyres up. Get the engine sorted (Mount, Bryson Lawrence). Timing is in our favour, coming back to play another home match against Rotherham is better than Bristol's break, where they have a game against Sheffield Utd

Hope so. Although a long break from football not guaranteed to be a good thing. Certainly isn't for me 😏 

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Villa n boro for 5th and 6th. We're 8th again. 

If both Villa and Preston win today. We will be out of the play offs.

I do wish fans would be more realistic, we have just have 5 pts from 18 and going into the business end of the season and some still think we are playoff hopefuls.  We need to offload most of the squad at the end of the season and bring in more quality if promotion is required. At the moment we are an average championship side and no more.

Results and performances speak for themselves.

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

I do wish fans would be more realistic, we have just have 5 pts from 18 and going into the business end of the season and some still think we are playoff hopefuls.  We need to offload most of the squad at the end of the season and bring in more quality if promotion is required. At the moment we are an average championship side and no more.

I think we are still in the mix for 6th. 

We cant play today because Swansea are still in the FA Cup and we will play that in the penultimate game now. 

48 minutes ago, toddy said:

The fact that we are currently in 6th with everything in our hands has absolutely no bearing on the situation. 

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we are still in the mix for 6th. 

We cant play today because Swansea are still in the FA Cup and we will play that in the penultimate game now. 

If we did play today that would be more points dropped. At least now we can have a rest and hopefully revitalise the attack for the run in. Still not optimistic though.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

If we did play today that would be more points dropped. At least now we can have a rest and hopefully revitalise the attack for the run in. Still not optimistic though.

Disagree with this, last 2 home games, we have improved and should have took the 3 points against Stoke, we were by far the better team, hitting the woodwork twice, and. Butland in great form, why would we not beat Swansea who are a team goin nowhere, let's get a positive feeling going into the final 9 games, all to play for, and we will have a few back from injury like Mount, who we have really missed, so for myself it will be close, but I believe Derby will just about do it, think Boro will drop out, it will be us and Villa and the top 4 at present who will make up the top 6.

Didn’t realise how unsafe Middlesbrough were in the top 6.

They’re losing to Villa and then play Norwich and Bristol City.

5th and 6th up for grabs.

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

preston villa win,  top 6 unlikely unless we get 4 out of brentford and blackburn away 

But we're 1 point behind them both, with a game in hand.

If we look to the future, as opposed to the past (recent form), we have more chance of 6th than either of them.

#halffull

4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

preston villa win,  top 6 unlikely unless we get 4 out of brentford and blackburn away 

We have Rotherham at home next and we will probably draw going off how we have been against the lower end teams, I wouldn't take any game for granted with how poor we have been in the final third recently.  I reckon 9th is where we will finish , unless something changes big time in how we attack teams,.