Who do you think will finish 6th

Bob The Badger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, garytheowl said:

Sheff wed and Villa to finish in the play offs. (dunna worry we'll beat Forest for you, before our loss earlier this season we'd done em 6 in a row) we beat WBA and grealish scores in the last minute to knock out the piggies to see a play off final that Wednesday cruise to victory. 

Are tha on crystal meths? mi owd

5 hours ago, garytheowl said:

Sheff wed and Villa to finish in the play offs. (dunna worry we'll beat Forest for you, before our loss earlier this season we'd done em 6 in a row) we beat WBA and grealish scores in the last minute to knock out the piggies to see a play off final that Wednesday cruise to victory. 

I'll have some of what you've been supping 

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

If it’s feasible they could win every game, and they’ve got boro and Bristol to play. Then that’s 3 points each they’re defienly going to loose. if we can keep our momentum going after the break, then we can use that to our advantage and catch boro. We’ve also got Bristol to play. So as long as we can match Bristol and boros results, which should be possible with our ‘easier’ fixtures, but win when they inevitably loose to villa, and we might just need to gain a point or two extra on boro over the course of 9 games, then villas good end of season form could actually be the key to us getting in the play offs. 

Its in our hands though. That relies on us playing our part. 

For Villa to win every game they have left....they would have to break all kinds of records, they wont...but they will more than likely win more than we do.

7 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

Shook off the rough patch and managed 5 points from 9 with clearly improving performances on pitch. I think the break has come at the right time, gonna be great to see a fresh Mount back ready for the final 9 games.

Exciting times indeed... would love us to finish 6th (again) and if so anything can happen then.

Oh, how I long for a fresh Mount!   

5 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

One thing for sure and it pains me to say it wont be us,way to inconsistent 

At the moment we are, this long break will work in our favour. Players being fit and available when we resume starting with a home game against Rotherham. A rest from grueling matches for the likes of Harry Wilson who looks a little jaded. Its going to tight for a while yet, with teams around us playing each other. The inconsistency as been with all the teams barring the current top 3. Its, who can put a decent run together to stay or get into the top 6. Then its cup football for 4 teams and lets hope one of them is the Rams.

42 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes, looks like Villa for 6th spot. We're running on flat tyres at the moment. Bad timing. 

We are now on a 17 day break from any matches. Time to pump those tyres up. Get the engine sorted (Mount, Bryson Lawrence). Timing is in our favour, coming back to play another home match against Rotherham is better than Bristol's break, where they have a game against Sheffield Utd

Strangely after last nights 0-0 and two points dropped I feel more positive about our top 6 chances than I have done for a few weeks. Forget the result, the performance was the best for weeks, probably the best home performance in 2019 (better than the victories over Reading Hull and Wigan), on another day we would’ve won. And this was without Mount, Bryson, Bennett, and without an in-form Wilson, Marriott or Huddlestone. Lawrence made a huge difference, 17 day break, get everyone fit, Mount makes Wilson Marriott and others play better - he could be our Grealish in the run in.

We have every chance of top 6. Will we get there who knows? Villa are the only team I fear, and i think they will get there sadly which means boro need to be dragged back to give ourselves the best chance.

I'd back us over any team below us - the only problem is there are a fair few not far behind and it only takes one to prove me wrong and go on a fantastic run.   

I'm not one that believes Villa have suddenly turned the corner - the nature of this division is teams go on runs and then fall back - Bristol did it, Preston have done it (maybe still on that run haven't checked) , QPR even did it for a while, now it's Villa's turn.   They've got a hard run in and whilst they are in the mix with us starting to pick up a little bit and players coming back I reckon you could make as much of a case for us picking up points as anyone other than the top 3.   

22 hours ago, plymouthram said:

We are now on a 17 day break from any matches. Time to pump those tyres up. Get the engine sorted (Mount, Bryson Lawrence). Timing is in our favour, coming back to play another home match against Rotherham is better than Bristol's break, where they have a game against Sheffield Utd

Hope so. Although a long break from football not guaranteed to be a good thing. Certainly isn't for me ? 

Archived