Who do you think will finish 6th

Bob The Badger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worst fear was us missing out and forest taking our place

Us finishing 7th/8th wouldnt be the worst season tbh, IF we play like we have played the last 2 games REGARDLESS of the results

Most people on here were negative before the sheffield wednesday game, not because of results, but because of performances

Villa will finish well inside the playoffs if they can keep Grealish fit. Despite their wealth of talent they only play if he does. They could win every game from now to the end of the season. Boro go there next and will probably lose.

We will be out of the playoffs when we play next but will have a game in hand.

sixth is possible but we’ll have to beat Boro to it as Villa will be 5th or higher

9 hours ago, Stroker Ace said:

Villa will finish well inside the playoffs if they can keep Grealish fit. Despite their wealth of talent they only play if he does. They could win every game from now to the end of the season. Boro go there next and will probably lose.

We will be out of the playoffs when we play next but will have a game in hand.

sixth is possible but we’ll have to beat Boro to it as Villa will be 5th or higher

If it’s feasible they could win every game, and they’ve got boro and Bristol to play. Then that’s 3 points each they’re defienly going to loose. if we can keep our momentum going after the break, then we can use that to our advantage and catch boro. We’ve also got Bristol to play. So as long as we can match Bristol and boros results, which should be possible with our ‘easier’ fixtures, but win when they inevitably loose to villa, and we might just need to gain a point or two extra on boro over the course of 9 games, then villas good end of season form could actually be the key to us getting in the play offs. 

Its in our hands though. That relies on us playing our part. 

49 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

If it’s feasible they could win every game, and they’ve got boro and Bristol to play. Then that’s 3 points each they’re defienly going to loose. if we can keep our momentum going after the break, then we can use that to our advantage and catch boro. We’ve also got Bristol to play. So as long as we can match Bristol and boros results, which should be possible with our ‘easier’ fixtures, but win when they inevitably loose to villa, and we might just need to gain a point or two extra on boro over the course of 9 games, then villas good end of season form could actually be the key to us getting in the play offs. 

Its in our hands though. That relies on us playing our part. 

The trouble is, similar to Bristol and unlike Preston and Villa we don't yet have a winning momentum. The wheels seem to be coming off a bit at Boro but we're not winning to capitalise. 

Technically, it's not in our hands as we're reliant on Bristol losing their game in hand even if we matched all their other results. 

I see us finishing 8th behind the top three plus WBA, Boro and Villa making up the play offs and Bristol in 7th.

Still plenty to play for though. 

Whilst I'd agree we appear to have an "easier" run in than those around us, and whilst I agree we do of course need to win our own games, as it stands, it's not quite "in our hands" at this stage, with Brizzle being 1 point behind with a game in hand.  We are still reliant on others dropping points... only then can we take advantage.

There's no doubt about it... there's gonna be some butt cheeks a'twitchin', before this season is over!

Bring it on!  COYRs

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Whilst I'd agree we appear to have an "easier" run in than those around us, and whilst I agree we do of course need to win our own games, as it stands, it's not quite "in our hands" at this stage, with Brizzle being 1 point behind with a game in hand.  We are still reliant on others dropping points... only then can we take advantage.

There's no doubt about it... there's gonna be some butt cheeks a'twitchin', before this season is over!

Bring it on!  COYRs

yep, not a fan of the payoffs but boy it maintains interest for a long way into the season.  Without it there would be nothing to play for for the rest of the season

15 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The trouble is, similar to Bristol and unlike Preston and Villa we don't yet have a winning momentum. The wheels seem to be coming off a bit at Boro but we're not winning to capitalise. 

Technically, it's not in our hands as we're reliant on Bristol losing their game in hand even if we matched all their other results. 

I see us finishing 8th behind the top three plus WBA, Boro and Villa making up the play offs and Bristol in 7th.

Still plenty to play for though. 

But I’m assuming villa will win all their remaining games. Which means they’ll win against Bristol and boro. So they’ll drop 3 points each. Say that happened tomorrow, that’s both their games in hand out of the way. We’re 1 point above Bristol, 2 pts begins boro, villa are 4pts ahead, but we’ve got 2 games in hand over them. 

We’d only actually need to match Bristol’s results and then draw against them to stay ahead of them. 

So we’re just looking for boro to loose one more while we win to leap frog them. 

So not totally in our hands, but if villa really are an unstoppable force, the only thing we need to go our way is for boro to loose one more the us. 

Abd their momentum and performances are on the slide. Ayala now suspended. Whereas our performances have turned a corner, and I’m very hopeful that we’ll hit the ground running after the break. 

Still, if villa are an unstoppable force, wel end up loosing to them in the play offs. But it’s nice to be invited to the party. 

Sheff wed and Villa to finish in the play offs. (dunna worry we'll beat Forest for you, before our loss earlier this season we'd done em 6 in a row) we beat WBA and grealish scores in the last minute to knock out the piggies to see a play off final that Wednesday cruise to victory. 

54 minutes ago, garytheowl said:

Sheff wed and Villa to finish in the play offs. (dunna worry we'll beat Forest for you, before our loss earlier this season we'd done em 6 in a row) we beat WBA and grealish scores in the last minute to knock out the piggies to see a play off final that Wednesday cruise to victory. 

meanwhile, in the real world................

Shook off the rough patch and managed 5 points from 9 with clearly improving performances on pitch. I think the break has come at the right time, gonna be great to see a fresh Mount back ready for the final 9 games.

Exciting times indeed... would love us to finish 6th (again) and if so anything can happen then.

56 minutes ago, garytheowl said:

I think you will regret paying for a draw against us.  Your lack of ambition was surprising given how weak we are at the moment

Nobody is unbeatable, including Villa, they were fortunate against the Blues. Their defence stood back and virtually gave Grealish his goal and the ref denied Blues a blatant penalty. 

They're on a good run of results atm, but to continue that for another 9 games it's asking a lot. 

There are a number of teams in the mix, Preston, Sheff Wed and the red dogs. They'll all be fancying their chances as a result of Boro, Bristol and ourselves slipping up recently. 

Archived