Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

According  to Bristol post, Bristol city were supposed to be getting fined by liverpool for not playing ryan Kent enough.

There's no facility for one club to issue fines to another.  I guess City could have been stupid enough to agree to a clause. As we saw with CM you can pay to loan, so perhaps it's a set up like that. 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much, much better performance. I actually enjoyed watching that. Started strongly and ended strongly. Faster, more movement and energy, nice build up play. As another poster said, just a bit “toothless” at times. Lacked creativity and quality with that final ball. Weathered an in-form Wednesday and then could have won it in the end - hints of that never-say-die attitude from earlier this season. Holmes and Bogle standouts for me. Johnson also played well.

Did anyone at the match hear any good new songs?

I said before this 4 game run that I'd take 3 wins and a draw, so we're on target!

Definitely encouraged by today's performance and the way they bounced back after the equalizer.

I just don't get Waghorn starting in front of Marriott and whereas Tamori played really well for 99% of the time he still stood and watched the goal instead of attacking the ball.

Edit: Watching it again it may be more down to Malone than Tamori.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

There's no facility for one club to issue fines to another.  I guess City could have been stupid enough to agree to a clause. As we saw with CM you can pay to loan, so perhaps it's a set up like that. 

No idea. Just saw the article on the Bristol post web page. Don't know the ins and outs

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Much, much better performance. I actually enjoyed watching that. Started strongly and ended strongly. Faster, more movement and energy, nice build up play. As another poster said, just a bit “toothless” at times. Lacked creativity and quality with that final ball. Weathered an in-form Wednesday and then could have won it in the end - hints of that never-say-die attitude from earlier this season. Holmes and Bogle standouts for me. Johnson also played well.

Did anyone at the match hear any good new songs?

Yup typing them up right nowspacer.png

14 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

How stupid would you be as a manager is to be told you have to play a player no matter how poorly they are performing? Totally untenable and would never be allowed. 

15 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

no

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-insisting-playing-clause-loan-11641458.amp

Maybe they havent done it with Wilson, but they have certainly done it in the past.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Different to being “fined”.

Essentially clubs should see it as paying ‘£x’to loan the player. Every game he plays you get ‘£y’ knocked off that price. 

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No need for overreactions after that. Played well enough and they’re a good side. 

I’d throw whatever budget we have in the summer at Wednesday for Barry Bannan. Best player at this level

Disagree, thought they were nothing special

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No need for overreactions after that. Played well enough and they’re a good side. 

I’d throw whatever budget we have in the summer at Wednesday for Barry Bannan. Best player at this level

He's a great player, but buying players at the peak of their value to be the missing piece hasn't exactly worked out well for us so far.

We need to find the next Bannon, not sign the current one.

Just now, reveldevil said:

He's a great player, but buying players at the peak of their value to be the missing piece hasn't exactly worked out well for us so far.

We need to find the next Bannon, not sign the current one.

That Will Hughes for example. You could build an excellent team around him....

Archived