Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, superzak said:

so was it all flannel to appease the masses

They answered the headline questions that we were all desperate to know And then obviously a bit of self righteous propaganda... I’m fine with that 

headlines 

mel still loves us and we ain’t getting docked points 

That’s all I wanted to know the rest was always going to be PR spin 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

They answered the headline questions that we were all desperate to know And then obviously a bit of self righteous propaganda... I’m fine with that 

headlines 

mel still loves us and we ain’t getting docked points 

That’s all I wanted to know the rest was always going to be PR spin 

Thanks thats all i was asking....

Found it very interesting, light and informal but informative! FFP s playing a massive part in any decisions, 37 players on the wage list/ contracted, 40% of those players have had no involvement with the first team 2018/19 season.

a number of those are due to expire over the next 14 months, that will free up cash.

Dubai was never on the cards as an expensed trip, the players ad six days off to do what they liked.

Frank wants to involve the youth as much as possible he loved the commitment and effort from Bogle so he is there on merit, yes he will make mistakes but he will learn from them.

no chance of signing the loanees but they love wing part of Derby County and would love to get us promoted, mason mount loves being part of Derby, instead of going back to Chelsea he stayed at Derby for all of he recouperation to stay a part of the squad.

Frank is going nowhere, one day perhaps but not yet, he is already working on pre season.

all in all a go night, I had to leave a half time, great to meet @RamNut !

very positive !

To summarise

we won’t breach FFP

40% of first team wages haven’t seen later a game this season from the 37 players.

of those there will be 15% still here but a lot of wages wiped off.

recruitment excercise for the summer is ongoing and expect to be doing business

Frank loves Mason Bennett

Franks focus is on Derby and everything he does is focused on the next 9 games, preseason and recruitment in the summer.

bigs up the academy and the season the U18 and U23 teams are having

think that’s the most of it

Thoroughly enjoyed that... and importantly, it appears things aren't as bad as recent press would have us believe.

Thought a tenner per question was a bit steep, so I kept quiet.

FFP is tight, but we are within the limits, from last years figures and this years forecast.  

Independents have now taken over the judiciary of  FFP failures, so no more fines are expected (á la QPR)... only points  (á la Brum)

A voucher for a soft drink would have been more appreciated than a voucher for yer actual beer, seeing as I was driving.

The sausage rolls looked very tempting... but I'd just 'ad me tea, so didn't partake.

£1.25m per month spent on the 40% of the (first team) squad that has NOT featured in the first team (thus far) this season!

Frank is (still) in love with Mason Bennett.

In response to Colin's comment to the "London club" being Leyton Orient, Frank responded with "That's a good one, for you"!

The Dubai episode couldn't have been cancelled by Mel, as discussions regarding the (possible) trip didn't get far enough for him to have been aware of such "plans".

Why do grown adults still have to be reminded/asked to turn off their bloody mobile ringers when in such a gathering, almost 30 years after it was decided by the masses that failing to do so was deemed to be bad manners/ignorant/rude/offensive to both the hosts and invited guests!

They may have said "What the fans want to hear", but I for one thought they appeared to be honest/truthful/genuine, so I'm (still) in.

Few conflicting posts here but as I heard it:-

From first team wage bill 40% relate to players that have seen no, or very little, first team football. Of that 40%, there are 60% out of contract in the summer. By my calculations, circa 25% wiped off the first team wage bill in the summer.

The remainder of that 40% will be gone in the summer of 19/20.

Thanks everyone for the updates. I don't know why some are cynical about these events; fans get to ask what they want and get some answers.

I find them both informative and entertaining and great to get some first hand comments from the management team.

Well done , DCFC!

17 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Found it very interesting, light and informal but informative! FFP s playing a massive part in any decisions, 37 players on the wage list/ contracted, 40% of those players have had no involvement with the first team 2018/19 season.

a number of those are due to expire over the next 14 months, that will free up cash.

Dubai was never on the cards as an expensed trip, the players ad six days off to do what they liked.

Frank wants to involve the youth as much as possible he loved the commitment and effort from Bogle so he is there on merit, yes he will make mistakes but he will learn from them.

no chance of signing the loanees but they love wing part of Derby County and would love to get us promoted, mason mount loves being part of Derby, instead of going back to Chelsea he stayed at Derby for all of he recouperation to stay a part of the squad.

Frank is going nowhere, one day perhaps but not yet, he is already working on pre season.

all in all a go night, I had to leave a half time, great to meet @RamNut !

very positive !

I nipped over the road (Medical centre car park) at half time, as I'd left my reading specs in the car. 

I can confirm someone sneaked off early!

43 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Fans forums are bullsh1t

Strange that you've decided to read a thread about one then!

Probably quite boring to follow on social media but I think anyone that went tonight will have a renewed sense if optimism given all the negativity of the past month or so.

Archived