Fans Forum @ Nunsfield House in Alvaston 27/3/19

Day
Message added by Day

Colin Gibson hosted Wednesday night's Fans Forum event with Owner and Executive Chairman Mel Morris CBE, manager Frank Lampard and Chief Executive Stephen Pearce. 

Watch the forum in full at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/watch-the-fans-forum-in-full

23 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

That’s about right tbf, even though SR left before FL was appointed it’s wouldn’t surprise me to see him blamed for some of FLs signings should they go wrong.

That is what you meant I presume ?

Something like that! 

Can't imagine @Angry Ram holds Colin Gibson responsible and there's no way he likes MM enough to call him a gentleman, so by process of elimination...

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Errr. Mel wants to sort out Mels spending, Shirley! He's where the buck stops.

Yes 

but there is also a huge level of accountability from mr rush 

When u run a business, as I do, the buck stops with u and no one else .... very true .. as I know all to well

but at the same time u pay good money to your employees that in return u expect a certain level of competence and trust 

rush failed in both respects 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Something like that! 

Can't imagine @Angry Ram holds Colin Gibson responsible and there's no way he likes MM enough to call him a gentleman, so by process of elimination...

Gibbo and Frank are excused blame on this occasion..

The other two Teflon’s...Meh!! How Pearce has kept his job I will never know and don’t tell me Morris did not know of such major issues such as signing off payments as well.. 

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Gibbo and Frank are excused blame on this occasion..

The other two Teflon’s...Meh!! How Pearce has kept his job I will never know and don’t tell me Morris did not know of such major issues such as signing off payments as well.. 

Maybe because... He's good at his job? 

9 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Maybe because... He's good at his job? 

How does the Finance Director or whatever his title is, miss what Rush was ‘supposed’ to have done? Every FD I have ever worked with does not miss anything.. So no, not good at his job? Or perhaps, too good at swerving the bullets.. 

We are still not 100% sure of what Rush was accused of but he seems to get the blame for everything.. Wasserman, his links with them were in the public domain. Questions should have been asked at board level if activity was high with them. 

Just now, Angry Ram said:

How does the Finance Director or whatever his title is, miss what Rush was ‘supposed’ to have done? Every FD I have ever worked with does not miss anything.. So no, not good at his job? Or perhaps, too good at swerving the bullets.. 

We are still not 100% sure of what Rush was accused of but he seems to get the blame for everything.. Wasserman, his links with them were in the public domain. Questions should have been asked at board level if activity was high with them. 

I don't disagree, however I'd suggest that if you are attempting to get out a hole and have such a complex issue such as FFP as a problem, the best way forward may be to keep the person that already has extensive knowledge of the situation at the club and you believe has the capability to fix said problem . I'd say that, over the last 3 years, our finances have been handled really really well considering the situation, and Pearce has a lot to do with that, and he got a promotion out of it. He may have had a hand in creating the mess (we don't know the full situation so I won't put a specific amount of blame on anyone), but he seems to be leading the club out of the mess pretty successfully, so right now he's justifying it. (whether he deserved to get that chance in the first place is open to interpretation I guess)

11 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Well according to some on here, Mel trusted SR with his money, I still awaiting an answer on what Sam actually did with it however I must admit if this was the case I’m surprised he has made so much dollar as he has throughout his very successful career using this philosophy ?

I would say, with all the issues that were apparently created by Rush, we have been yet to see any real consequences from it. I would argue that any club that can navigate through that without consequences from the league is extremely well run.

18 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Well according to some on here, Mel trusted SR with his money, I still awaiting an answer on what Sam actually did with it however I must admit if this was the case I’m surprised he has made so much dollar as he has throughout his very successful career using this philosophy ?

Not heard of scout reports, Ince's Mum, Bryson's role as an 'ambassador'?

Or Mbappe?

Or iPro?

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

Not heard of scout reports, Ince's Mum, Bryson's role as an 'ambassador'?

Or Mbappe?

Or iPro?

I heard of the rumours, that’s all though. You prepared to state what SR actually did given you are ITK ?

MM is in rather a better position to assess Pearce's value to the business than any of us. He actually works with the guy which one might reasonably expect to afford him a better insight than someone who never has.

And if we can't fairly assign any blame to Rush (and I'm not suggesting that we can), how is it then acceptable to rubbish Pearce, especially given none of us really know the exact details of what is alleged to have taken place? Doing so smacks of rank hypocrisy IMO.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Still not forgiven him for putting you in touch with 32Red? ?

Still waiting..... had one meeting with Derby County back in September a few weeks after.... nothing since. Fair to say I’m not really interested in anything anymore with regards forums.

Appreciate the initial contact etc, and other things take over and other things being important. At least have the courtesy to say that we are putting stuff on hold or not doing it (talks of intitaives in the community which I could get involved in)

So I hope you can appreciate I take these fan forums with a pinch of salt for what they are..... a PR exercise. Not digging at you mate. Far from it 

43 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I don't disagree, however I'd suggest that if you are attempting to get out a hole and have such a complex issue such as FFP as a problem, the best way forward may be to keep the person that already has extensive knowledge of the situation at the club and you believe has the capability to fix said problem . I'd say that, over the last 3 years, our finances have been handled really really well considering the situation, and Pearce has a lot to do with that, and he got a promotion out of it. He may have had a hand in creating the mess (we don't know the full situation so I won't put a specific amount of blame on anyone), but he seems to be leading the club out of the mess pretty successfully, so right now he's justifying it. (whether he deserved to get that chance in the first place is open to interpretation I guess)

Take your point but plenty of good FDs out there. 

Archived