Next 7 Games

DCFC1388

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In that case all is well. 

I was just drawing up some ground rules too, not the face or balls, lay off the midriff etc etc, didn't consider poorly hands tbf.

Would have been the worse pie eating duel the East stand had ever witnessed!

We'd all pay a pound to see it, mind!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

I don't know how that happened, but those words you've quoted certainly don't belong to me!

In fact I feel quite queasy even seeing them mistakenly attributed to me.

Correct at once sir, or I will be forced to challenge you to a duel come Wednesday night outside the ground.

He would have highlighted BobbyD's quoted section of your post, so it would appear to be your post. 

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

He would have highlighted BobbyD's quoted section of your post, so it would appear to be your post. 

Shouldn't be allowed.

Even so, I've instructed my lawyers Sue, Grabbit and Run to stand down, for now.

11 hours ago, reveldevil said:

In that case all is well. 

I was just drawing up some ground rules too, not the face or balls, lay off the midriff etc etc, didn't consider poorly hands tbf.

Would have been the worse pie eating duel the East stand had ever witnessed!

Couldn't be anyworse than the forest pir eating duel!

I'm going to say...

Millwall (H) – W (scrappy, scrappy win – someone scores with their arse-cheek)
Forest (A) – D (we'll dominate, but somehow not win – Forest fans go wild obv)
Villa (A) – L (uh-oh, looking ominous ain't it?)
Wigan (H) – W (hang about, that was quite a good performance!)
Sheff W (H) – W (two in a row!)
Stoke (H) – D (the ghost of The Snake strikes)
Rotherham (H) – W (Marriott hattrick!)

I'm feeling optimistic. 14 points and I'll be happy! 

On 18/02/2019 at 13:05, DCFC1388 said:

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)

Forest (A)

Villa (A)

Wigan (H)

Sheff W (H)

Stoke (H)

Rotherham (H)

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there. The first 4 will be big in regards the gap between us and Forest/Villa as that's our 2 games in hand over them as well playing them both away. We have to win our 2 games in hand but if Forest/Villa don't beat us they are out the playoff race imo.

I m going for 19 points

On 19/02/2019 at 00:48, Edinburgh ram said:

In my opinion, there’s no reason why we can’t go on and win at least 5 of these games and go on to hopefully finish high up the top 6. 

Millwall win

forest draw

villa loss

Wigan win

Wednesday win

stoke draw

rotherham win 

However... this is derby.

Good job I know where you are coming from because you could read this in opposition

On 18/02/2019 at 13:05, DCFC1388 said:

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)    Lost A

Forest (A)      Drew H

Villa (A)         Lost  H

Wigan (H)     Won A

Sheff W (H)   Won A

Stoke (H)       Lost A

Rotherham (H)  Lost A

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there. The first 4 will be big in regards the gap between us and Forest/Villa as that's our 2 games in hand over them as well playing them both away. We have to win our 2 games in hand but if Forest/Villa don't beat us they are out the playoff race imo.

Let's remind ourselves of the results against these teams first time round. I know it's not that simple but we've only averaged a point per game in those 7 fixtures. Are we playing well enough to double that tally in the next 7 ??

Millwall (H) - Easy win

Forest (A) - Dump them in the Trent

Villa (A) - Tricky but another win, we’re on a roll

Wigan (H) - 3 points

Sheff W (H) - Lampard starts the bounce

Stoke (H) - No snake sideshow, the Rams are rampant 

Rotherham (H) - 3 nil up and draw 3-3, forum goes into meltdown questioning the clubs entire existence 

4 hours ago, Roboram said:

Let's remind ourselves of the results against these teams first time round. I know it's not that simple but we've only averaged a point per game in those 7 fixtures. Are we playing well enough to double that tally in the next 7 ??

Some of them may be playing a pile worse than they did 1st time around. Just sayin......

I sincerely believe we will win all seven. I can’t demonstrate that based on previous results - but if that was the way it worked we would only play 23 games.

it’s the hope that makes this sport great - and the thing that eventually makes for many grumpy people in the summer!

Archived