Next 7 Games

DCFC1388

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)

Forest (A)

Villa (A)

Wigan (H)

Sheff W (H)

Stoke (H)

Rotherham (H)

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there. The first 4 will be big in regards the gap between us and Forest/Villa as that's our 2 games in hand over them as well playing them both away. We have to win our 2 games in hand but if Forest/Villa don't beat us they are out the playoff race imo.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting my usual pessimistic hat on

Millwall - win (the players know they need to put in a big performance after the Ipswich and Brighton displays)

Forest - lose (we've put in about 2 good away performances in 3+ months, Norwich and Southampton and Forest are slowly improving under O'Neill. The players looked like they let the nerves get the better of them in the home tie so I'm not holding much hope of them being up for it away against them)

Villa - lose (with the talent they have they've got to turn it around sooner rather than later and after battering us 3-0 a couple of months back they'll probably think we're the team to do it against)

Wigan - win (we really should beat teams like this, especially at home)

Sheff W - win (i'm a little worried they could get a good run going under Bruce, but have gone with a win)

Stoke - draw (Ince will put in the performance of his life)

Rotherham - win (again, we really should be winning this)

Even being my pessimistic self I can see us coming out of it with 13 points from a possible 21. It's not like Derby to let fans down around March time, is it? ?

Our home form is reasonably strong so there's nothing in that list of home fixtures that should look daunting. Stokes players are getting absolute pelters from their fans and only scored at ipswich through one of the Town defenders committing an error that dwarfs anything RK and FT have managed this season.

Villa seem to have been crap since they beat us and forest is difficult to call for obvious reasons but neither fixture should scare us AS LONG AS we turn up and play front foot stuff and none of this hanging back into our third.

I think 16 points out of that lot.

6 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Our next 7 games until the end of March are absolutely massive in terms of where we could end up finishing.

With Swansea still in the FA Cup our away game to them will be re-arranged meaning we will have 4 homes games in a row, 5 out of the next 7 at home.

Millwall (H)

Forest (A)

Villa (A)

Wigan (H)

Sheff W (H)

Stoke (H)

Rotherham (H)

If we are to be aiming for top 6, we need to be getting at least 15 points from the available 21 there.

That target is going to be quite challenging in all honesty. 

These kinds of posts always make me laugh. 

Have you ever yet seen one of these when we actually do better than that predicted ? Or even anywhere near as well as predicted ? 

The rose tinted glasses are probably one of our biggest reasons why we have been in this division for so long - the lack of humility and realism , the sense of entitlement . It’s pathetic. 

T

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Have you ever yet seen one of these when we actually do better than that predicted ? Or even anywhere near as well as predicted ? 

The rose tinted glasses are probably one of our biggest reasons why we have been in this division for so long - the lack of humility and realism , the sense of entitlement . It’s pathetic. 

How do you work that out then? 

How on Earth can fans with rose tinted glasses be one of the biggest reasons we've not got promoted? It's pathetic.

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

No sense of entitlement nor lack or humility & realism. I said if we are to aim for the top 6 we need to be aiming for 15pts. No where did I say we will get that many or even that we should, just thats the sort of target we need to be aiming for from them games if we aspire to be top 6 which is the clubs aim. 

Not sure where the rose tinted glasses come in. Would love to know your thoughts on these 7 games and what you think we should be aiming for points wise rather than a negative post.

Also, do you disagree that the next 7 games are massive in terms of where we finish?

17 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Some optimism is OTT but I seriously doubt a happy clapper on a football forum has been the sole reason for our end of season dimises?

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

T

How do you work that out then? 

How on Earth can fans with rose tinted glasses be one of the biggest reasons we've not got promoted? It's pathetic.

Laughable 

just listen to yourself . Utter lack of understanding and awareness. 

40 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I'm glad something posted on this forum makes you laugh, because it's hard to discern from your posts what, if any, joy you take from following the Rams or posting on this forum. 

19 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Laughable 

just listen to yourself . Utter lack of understanding and awareness. 

Go on then. Indulge an old fool. How can fans with rose tinted glasses influence whether we get promoted or not? Did it effect the result at Wembley against QPR?  Did it cause us to be outplayed by Fulham last year and in the first leg against Hull?

Your assertion that it's one of the main reasons we have failed may be correct but I don't understand how. So please explain. 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Go on then. Indulge an old fool. How can fans with rose tinted glasses influence whether we get promoted or not? Did it effect the result at Wembley against QPR?  Did it cause us to be outplayed by Fulham last year and in the first leg against Hull?

Your assertion that it's one of the main reasons we have failed may be correct but I don't understand how. So please explain. 

Well something distracted Keogh at Wembley. Just maybe it was the sun or floodlights reflecting off 1000s of rose tinted specs which temporarily dazzled him?!

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

The rose tinted glasses are probably one of our biggest reasons why we have been in this division for so long - the lack of humility and realism , the sense of entitlement . It’s pathetic

I certainly have the realism - been in this division as much as the top one during my years .  I'll also happily admit to having the sense of entitlement -were Derby County and I've had enough of this league of plebeians.   While were at it I'll take a few of the entitled up with us and commit Cardiff ,Bournemouth,, Brighton and Watford back to the Hades of League 1 -bloody upstarts .

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I certainly have the realism - been in this division as much as the top one during my years .  I'll also happily admit to having the sense of entitlement -were Derby County and I've had enough of this league of plebeians.   While were at it I'll take a few of the entitled up with us and commit Cardiff ,Bournemouth,, Brighton and Watford back to the Hades of League 1 -bloody upstarts .

I don't know how that happened, but those words you've quoted certainly don't belong to me!

In fact I feel quite queasy even seeing them mistakenly attributed to me.

Correct at once sir, or I will be forced to challenge you to a duel come Wednesday night outside the ground.

24 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I don't know how that happened, but those words you've quoted certainly don't belong to me!

In fact I feel quite queasy even seeing them mistakenly attributed to me.

Correct at once sir, or I will be forced to challenge you to a duel come Wednesday night outside the ground.

I haven't a clue how that's happened .  A pox on me m'lord.  However if you still want the duel I select any random Millwall fan as my second as I have a poorly sword hand .

21 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

On recent performances and past form at this time of year, I'd expect 3 wins and a draw max out of these, not seeing enough to inspire the optimism some have.... 

Suspect your estimate will be more realistic than mine but perhaps without the distraction of the cup and a the bulk of the games at home we might put together a bit of a run. I'd hope the lads will approach the Forest game the same way they did Chelski and Manure and that could definitely help set the tone. One can dream, right? COYR

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I haven't a clue how that's happened .  A pox on me m'lord.  However if you still want the duel I select any random Millwall fan as my second as I have a poorly sword hand .

In that case all is well. 

I was just drawing up some ground rules too, not the face or balls, lay off the midriff etc etc, didn't consider poorly hands tbf.

Would have been the worse pie eating duel the East stand had ever witnessed!

Archived