Derby County v Hull City Match thread.

RadioactiveWaste

Roos 

Bogle      Keogh      Tomori     Malone

Wilson   Huddlestone   King

Waghorn   Marriott    Holmes 

Would not mind if Cole starts ahead of Malone and if Marriott isn’t fit then play Bennett through the middle not Nugent.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Roos 

Bogle      Keogh      Tomori     Malone

Wilson   Huddlestone   King

Waghorn   Marriott    Holmes 

Would not mind if Cole starts ahead of Malone and if Marriott isn’t fit then play Bennett through the middle not Nugent.

Great line up. Tomori has pace reminds me of John Scales.

When looking at these post Christmas fixtures a few weeks back it looked like a nice run of winnable games, now we are here and Hull are in great form looks a more tricky game to navigate. Need to keep Bowen quiet so it’s not a case of let’s have a look at what you could have won.

Expect Cole and King will be involved, probably off the bench, although with 17 games left we need them to get up to speed quickly if they are to help push us on.

27 minutes ago, David said:

When looking at these post Christmas fixtures a few weeks back it looked like a nice run of winnable games, now we are here and Hull are in great form looks a more tricky game to navigate. Need to keep Bowen quiet so it’s not a case of let’s have a look at what you could have won.

Expect Cole and King will be involved, probably off the bench, although with 17 games left we need them to get up to speed quickly if they are to help push us on.

Got thumped by Blackburn a couple of weeks ago though.  The don't seem to close down attackers well and gave Blackburn lots of space around their own penalty area. If they do that at Pride Park, I reckon Wilson or Lawrence will bury a couple of long range efforts.

Plenty of changes I hope.

Cole for Malone, King for Bryson, Marriott for Nugent, Huddlestone for Evans, Holmes for Lawrence with Bogle back at RB. 

Gives us:

Roos

Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole

Huddlestone, King, Wilson

Holmes, Marriott, Waghorn.

Good side that, if I do say so myself.

1 hour ago, David said:

Including the Hull fixture, we'll be on a run of 8 fixtures where 6 of them are against teams with better form than ourselves. One of the 2 below us in the form table being the dirties. 

We seem to be playing against teams who are playing well irrespective of their league position. 

Incidentally, we are bang in the middle of the form table, so you would expect an equal split. 

Id go with,

Roos

Bogle      Keogh        Tomori        Cole

Huddlestone

Holmes                 King

Wilson             Marriott            Waghorn

No Nugent or Bryson please. Need to see how King and Cole do, Evans to make way for Huddlestone and Holmes/Wilson to be moved forward. Need a win and i think we can get one. Hopefully have some control in midfield with those 3 in there. Get the front 3 close together and working hard to create chance and we should win this game. Roos deserves another start.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Including the Hull fixture, we'll be on a run of 8 fixtures where 6 of them are against teams with better form than ourselves. One of the 2 below us in the form table being the dirties. 

We seem to be playing against teams who are playing well irrespective of their league position. 

Incidentally, we are bang in the middle of the form table, so you would expect an equal split. 

And I'm supposed to be miserable! Trouble is you are right

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Plenty of changes I hope.

Cole for Malone, King for Bryson, Marriott for Nugent, Huddlestone for Evans, Holmes for Lawrence with Bogle back at RB. 

Gives us:

Roos

Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole

Huddlestone, King, Wilson

Holmes, Marriott, Waghorn.

Good side that, if I do say so myself.

Will waghorn be fit? If he's out then maybe jozefzoon as he played well in the two away games.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Will waghorn be fit? If he's out then maybe jozefzoon as he played well in the two away games.

Yes, this is based on everyone being fit (exc Mount, who we know won't be). Waghorn had a dead leg on Fri so hoping it's straightforward. If not, yes, prefer Zoon in there ahead of Bennett and Lawrence.

23 hours ago, DesertRam said:

Hopefully,                

Roos/Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Tomori   Malone

Holmes   Huddlestone   King

Wilson   Marriott   Waghorn 

Would you seriously pick Wisdom over Bogle??? He’s more clumsy than Mr Bean.

Just hope last week at Preston wasn’t the start of the annual slow decline into nothingness, which is as regular as clockwork these days. 

Would like to see that fast, direct football that blew Brentford away. We seem a million miles away from any kind of identity at the minute 

I'd go with 4-2-3-1

Roos

Bogle       Keogh    Tomori   Malone

Evans        Huddlestone 

Holmes      Waghorn      Wilson

Marriott 

Subs to be used 

Lawrence 

Bennett

King

Archived