Derby County v Hull City Match thread.

RadioactiveWaste

Tricky one. Few selection dilemmas.

Assuming we don't change formation:

Roos/Carson - maybe flip a coin?

Bogle 

Keogh

Tomori

Cole/Malone - Which one will keep Bowen quieter, I wonder?

Huddlestone/Evans - I'd prefer the latter- with an eye to the fact that Hudds might not be with us much longer, I'd like to give him more time in the team.

King (assuming match fit) or Bryson

Holmes - Creative spark

Wilson

Lawrence

Marriott

I'd like to give Lawrence and Holmes license to switch things up a bit, just to keep the right side of the defense on their toes. As much as I like Waghorn as a central striker, if Marriott's fit he has to start there, but then we have plan B on the bench. 

After his performance against Preston, I can understand wanting to drop Lawrence. BUT, the goal of the month competition came out this morning and it reminded me of that beautiful dinked pass for Marriott against Southampton, and I think we need to get behind him to get him the confidence he needs to be able to make those decisions more effectively and consistently.

Bench of Bryson, Hudds, Josefzoon, Wisdom, Malone/Cole, Waghorn. Gives us a plethora of options for changing things, should we need to.

Edit: Totally forgot Wilson existed somehow...

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos, Bogel, Keogh, Tomori, Cole, Huddz, King, Wilson, Holmes, Waghorn, Lawrence.

Tempting to put Jack Mariott back in but then you're dropping one of Holmes and Waghorn who don't deserve it. On the other hand, it could be argued Lawrence could be dropped but then who plays there? Holmes could probably give it a good go.

27 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Yellow card, surely?

Put em all in a modster pot.

"Hull is poo, as confirmed by the smell that lingers around the City Centre (which was also subject to a recent series of in-depth reports on Look North – which basically concluded that poo smells). I lived in Hull until I was ten but my parents decided to moved when local gangs started to have pitched battles using such weapons as garden sheers on the playing field next to our house. I’m now living back in Hull and I have a child of my own, unusually for Hull born in wed-lock. I’m now desperately saving money so I can afford to move out of Hull, I would rather remove my own eyes with a rusty spoon than allow my child to enter the ‘Ull education system."

https://www.ilivehere.co.uk/hull-officially-rubbish.html

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"Hull is poo, as confirmed by the smell that lingers around the City Centre (which was also subject to a recent series of in-depth reports on Look North – which basically concluded that poo smells). I lived in Hull until I was ten but my parents decided to moved when local gangs started to have pitched battles using such weapons as garden sheers on the playing field next to our house. I’m now living back in Hull and I have a child of my own, unusually for Hull born in wed-lock. I’m now desperately saving money so I can afford to move out of Hull, I would rather remove my own eyes with a rusty spoon than allow my child to enter the ‘Ull education system."

Hilarious.  Thought the Andover one was best when I clicked on the "10 worst places to live".

"Twinned with Basra"....."most of the girls are grandparents by the time they're 27".....

?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Eh? Citeh ut cultcha.

3 hours ago, hiltonram said:

Roos

Anya        Wisdom   Keogh  Tomori   Cole

Holmes    King     Wilson

Marriott    Waghorn

Two hopes in frank playing with a 3 at the back. Bob Hope and no hope ?

6 hours ago, TexasRam said:

2 up front for me, Waghorny and Marriott 

8B9B602A-918E-4DE7-A8FD-5D77194287DE.jpeg

Cole for Malone and im happy. 

I think were too predictable playing 4-3-3 and Marriott's quality is affected by only playing 1 up top. Im a fan of the diamond and the 2 striker plus the creative player behind. Would be good to see but i dont think Frank will let it happen unfortunately......

10 hours ago, TexasRam said:

2 up front for me, Waghorny and Marriott 

8B9B602A-918E-4DE7-A8FD-5D77194287DE.jpeg

Quite like that lineup... but the ‘like’ was especially for  Huddlelump!

i’d probably give Cole a runout if fit enough.  If Marriott is still injured then I think i’d go for Bennett rather than Nuge.

43 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Quite like that lineup... but the ‘like’ was especially for  Huddlelump!

i’d probably give Cole a runout if fit enough.  If Marriott is still injured then I think i’d go for Bennett rather than Nuge.

I was all happy, then you've just ruined that post by saying you’d play Bennett....please withdraw your like ?

What I expect to see: 
                     Roos
Bogle    Keogh    Tomori     Malone
                     Evans
           Holmes       Wilson
Waghorn      Nugent        Lawrence

What I would do:
                     Roos
Bogle    Keogh    Tomori    Malone
                Huddlestone
         King                   Wilson
Holmes        Waghorn        Lawrence

*Assuming King is fit enough, physically. I would throw him straight in, although I don't think Lampard will. 

In terms of our league position we will need a win but we are losing a lot of important players to injury so it needs to be time for someone else to stand up and see us to three points against a very decent side and yes I wish we had chris Martin available to us 

Archived