19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Hector74 said:

Has to be Reece James best player in midfield tonight how did Frank go for him on loan from Chelsea too

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That young chalobah lad at Ipswich too, he looked mint.

Both these players stood out for me too. RJ can play at right back as well. Chelsea have some brilliant youngsters, just wish they were affordable. 

Loan:
Mason Mount, Harry Wilson, Trevoh Chalobah, Reece James

Buy:
Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea (I reckon they would let him go)
James Collins from Luton (strong, holds it up well, hard worker, scores goals)

Leave:
Pearce, Ambrose, Cole, Olsson, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne, Anya, Martin, Blackman, Nugent.

Squad of:
Roos/Carson
Bogle/Wisdom
Keogh/Davies/Tomori
Forsyth/Malone/Lowe
Huddlestone/James/Chalobah/Mount/Evans/Holmes/Bird
Wilson/Lawrence/Jozefzoon/Bennett/Thomas
Waghorn/Marriott/Collins

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Loan:

Buy:

Leave:
Pearce, Ambrose, Cole, Olsson, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Thorne, Anya, Martin, Blackman, Nugent.

Squad of:
Roos/Carson
Bogle/Wisdom
Keogh/Davies/Tomori
Forsyth/Malone/Lowe
Waghorn/Marriott/Collins

He hasn't even played and you want him gone already?

4 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Loan:

Buy:

Leave:

Squad of:
Roos/Carson
Bogle/Wisdom
Keogh/Davies/Tomori
Forsyth/Malone/Lowe
Waghorn/Marriott/Collins

James Collins is a weird player.  Excellent for Shrewsbury and then discarded and sent to Northampton for not being good enough (where I watched him a few times - he got 8 but he was far from inspiring) yet now appears to be having another golden patch.  With Luton very likely getting promoted, adding a premium to his head, I'm not sure this would be the wisest signing, definitely understand the reasoning though...sounds like a 2013/14 Martin

Josh Sargent on loan from Werder Bremen.  Really like the look of this young American. Highly praised at Bremen, has 2 goals in 5 apps this season, and with Nugent being gone and who knows who else could add some real good striker depth/challenge for starting role imo.

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

James Collins is a weird player.  Excellent for Shrewsbury and then discarded and sent to Northampton for not being good enough (where I watched him a few times - he got 8 but he was far from inspiring) yet now appears to be having another golden patch.  With Luton very likely getting promoted, adding a premium to his head, I'm not sure this would be the wisest signing, definitely understand the reasoning though...sounds like a 2013/14 Martin

Don't you mean a 2013-2016 Martin? He still averaged over 16 goals in seasons 2014/15 and 2015/16

Can we look abroad too, significantly lower wages and I don't think you'll struggle to find talent. Well, I know we have in the past, but anyone with a brain shouldn't struggle to find talent. It makes me sick that Leicester were able to sign Riyad Mahrez from a Ligue 2 side for 400k. He's obviously a better player now, undisputedly, but he would have clearly shown a lot of promise. 

I just don't know how we struggle so much. In the past 10 years, we've signed the following:

Abdoul Camara - Angers
Alban Bunjaku - Sevilla
Ivan Calero - Atletico Madrid
Tom Koblenz - Hoffenheim
Isak Ssewankambo - NAC Breda - although he'd already been at Chelsea
Raul Albentosa - SD Eibar
Valentin Gjokaj - FC Luzern
Alberto Bueno - Real Valladolid
Aleksandar Prijovic - Parma
Przemyslaw Kazmierczak - Porto
Andrejs Pereplotkins - Skonto Riga - although he'd already been at Southamapton

It's not the most inspiring lists. However, it's poor form to ignore overseas leagues when you consider the impact imports have had in our division. If you pick up a poor player, it just points to bad scouting, because the standard of the Championship isn't that high. Pukki signs on a free and is currently the league's top goalscorer, I believe. In fact, you could argue that the teams who have won promotion that weren't considered strong contenders at the start of the season did so largely by taking advantage of the foreign market: Cardiff City - Manga, Zohore. Huddersfield - Kachuna, Schindler, Lowe, Hefele. Watford - Peredes, Ighalo, Layun, Vydra, Tozser.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Can we look abroad too, significantly lower wages and I don't think you'll struggle to find talent. Well, I know we have in the past, but anyone with a brain shouldn't struggle to find talent. It makes me sick that Leicester were able to sign Riyad Mahrez from a Ligue 2 side for 400k. He's obviously a better player now, undisputedly, but he would have clearly shown a lot of promise. 

I just don't know how we struggle so much. In the past 10 years, we've signed the following:

Abdoul Camara - Angers
Alban Bunjaku - Sevilla
Tom Koblenz - Hoffenheim

It's not the most inspiring lists. However, it's poor form to ignore overseas leagues when you consider the impact imports have had in our division. If you pick up a poor player, it just points to bad scouting, because the standard of the Championship isn't that high. Pukki signs on a free and is currently the league's top goalscorer, I believe. In fact, you could argue that the teams who have won promotion that weren't considered strong contenders at the start of the season did so largely by taking advantage of the foreign market: Cardiff City - Manga, Zohore. Huddersfield - Kachuna, Schindler, Lowe, Hefele. Watford - Peredes, Ighalo, Layun, Vydra, Tozser.

Quite liked Calero and Koblenz in the brief bits I saw  Bueno was a great player till Clarke Carlisle went straight through him at Burnley.  Never quite the same after but think he wound up being a full international for Spain. The rest were pretty pant's to be fair.  We actually had Pukki on trial and decided not to bother .

Watford had the cheating role in this - most of there players were loans from Udinese.  A bit like Forest get half a team from Olympiakos that are rubbish each year.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Abdoul Camara - Angers
Alban Bunjaku - Sevilla
Tom Koblenz - Hoffenheim

Those clubs and players you’ve listed as successfully signing imports on the cheap, I bet they have a long list of duds that they wasted money on. 

I don’t think it’s that easy to find these gems, when you look at the resources Man City have, how did they not come across Mahrez when he joined Leicester? Not just Man City but all the big clubs.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Those clubs and players you’ve listed as successfully signing imports on the cheap, I bet they have a long list of duds that they wasted money on. 

I don’t think it’s that easy to find these gems, when you look at the resources Man City have, how did they not come across Mahrez when he joined Leicester? Not just Man City but all the big clubs.

I'd say just sign talented players, it's all you can do. Bueno was hugely talented, but it didn't work for other reasons. I'm okay with that. It's when we sign players that don't have technical ability that causes me to rip my hair out. 

We have a long list of duds from buying players in our own country, so I wouldn't mind widening our horizons. Brentford have been relatively successful at doing it, more so from a turnover point of view than anything else. Norwich are top of the league and I don't know half their team. 

Although, I've said this numerous times before, but in three/four years time there will be players who are pottering about in league one and league two now that will be playing Premier League football. How do I know this, you may ask? It's because it's never not been the case. I think every team in the league has at least one:

Man City - Walker, Stones & Delph
Liverpool - Robertson (Scottish Third Division), Gomez, Lallana & Oxlade-Chamberlain
Spurs - Alli
United - Smalling
Arsenal - Jenkinson
Chelsea - Ampadu

The rest of the league have too many to even list. I know some of these were highly sought after youngsters but doesn't change the fact that pretty much at every point in history that there's been talent playing in the lower leagues that will go on to better things. It's worth bearing in the minds of our scouting network. 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Abdoul Camara - Angers
Alban Bunjaku - Sevilla
Tom Koblenz - Hoffenheim

Elsnik, Ravas, Karic, Rashid, Greco

Tahith Chong. (19) - Dutch Manure lad. - who came on as a sub for the PSG game

he's going out on loan for the next season

Good bright winger - he'd be fine for us

does Frank get on with Ole? and do you think we could get a song going for him..........

That Tom Bayliss looked great the other night for Coventry only 19/20 and he is real playmaker and he scored too. 

He put a few thorne vs Leeds passes through the Burton defense. Bet he wouldnt cost much either. 

Oh and on a side note i saw that marcus Maddison is out of contract in the summer. Top assisters in L1 and maybe we could get him and Marriott back together. We heard mixed things about him from pboro fans though.

On 09/03/2019 at 10:17, kingsy1884 said:

That Tom Bayliss looked great the other night for Coventry only 19/20 and he is real playmaker and he scored too. 

He put a few thorne vs Leeds passes through the Burton defense. Bet he wouldnt cost much either. 

Oh and on a side note i saw that marcus Maddison is out of contract in the summer. Top assisters in L1 and maybe we could get him and Marriott back together. We heard mixed things about him from pboro fans though.

We should have bought Maddison last year when we had the chance. But we bought Zoon and Evans instead.

i also said Bradley Dack but he will be too expensive now.

Archived