19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

5 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

CM is despairingly thin on the ground 

Thats why we should shift lawrence.

we seem to have loads of wide midfielders.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we stay down id like us to go for someone like John Ruddy. Dont know how realistic it is but he’s 32, behind Patricio & not getting first team football at the moment. 

I like carson but he’s not been at his best this year. Roos is a good shot stopper & has done well but dont like the way he stays on his like for corners etc. 

Also a replacement striker for nugent & to share the load with Marriott would be nice. Not sure who but a big target man we can lump it up to that can hold it up as a plan B & win headers would be nice 

Roos, bogle, malone, keogh, ?, ?, holmes, lawrence, Thomas, marriott, waghorn

carson, wisdom , Lowe / MacDonald, davies, forsyth, evans, bird, sibley, elsnik, bennett, ?, mitchell-lawson, mcallister, cresswell, whittaker,

In theory, we might not need a lot of new players. Perhaps 3 ? We could even have a third of the squad being academy graduates.

i expect we will be quite active in the transfer market, but it wouldn't bother me if we tried one season of sticking primarily with what we've already got. Thats what ffp was trying to force clubs to do. Be self-sufficient. live within your means. There have been times in the past when the club used lots of local players. it wouldn't bother me. Not sure that the other fans would accept it. Nor frank?

(Unfortunately we ended up in the third division north last time ?).

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

carson, wisdom , Lowe / MacDonald, davies, forsyth, evans, bird, sibley, elsnik, bennett, ?, mitchell-lawson, mcallister, cresswell, whittaker,

In theory, we might not need a lot of new players. Perhaps 3 ? We could even have a third of the squad being academy graduates.

i expect we will be quite active in the transfer market, but it wouldn't bother me if we tried one season of sticking primarily with what we've already got. Thats what ffp was trying to force clubs to do. Be self-sufficient. live within your means. There have been times in the past when the club used lots of local players. it wouldn't bother me. Not sure that the other fans would accept it. Nor frank?

Relagation battle

17 hours ago, RamNut said:

i expect we will be quite active in the transfer market, but it wouldn't bother me if we tried one season of sticking primarily with what we've already got. Thats what ffp was trying to force clubs to do. Be self-sufficient. live within your means. There have been times in the past when the club used lots of local players. it wouldn’t bother me. Not sure that the other fans would accept it. Nor frank?

It wouldn’t bother me either. Uncle Mel is tightening his wallet and I don’t blame him for doing so. If I were in his shoes I would be keen to widen the pathway to the 1st team for our young Academy players.

No contract renewals, no new loans, we go with what we have. A possible team would be:

Roos/Carson

Bogle,    Keogh,     Davies/Forsyth/Wisdom,   Lowe/Malone

Bird,   Evans

Thomas/Bennett,    Holmes,     Lawrence/McAllister

Waghorn/Marriott

Other options include:  Mitchell-Lawson and Sibley

B4 would love it but I wonder how many games before the fans start screaming....

On 19/03/2019 at 23:54, B4ev6is said:

I do think younger players need a chance to develope at derby but maybe we do need to look for players aboared were bargins and jems can be found.

English football is the new foreign football. The gems are here

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:23, chadlad said:

It wouldn’t bother me either. Uncle Mel is tightening his wallet and I don’t blame him for doing so. If I were in his shoes I would be keen to widen the pathway to the 1st team for our young Academy players.

No contract renewals, no new loans, we go with what we have. A possible team would be:

Roos/Carson

Bogle,    Keogh,     Davies/Forsyth/Wisdom,   Lowe/Malone

Bird,   Evans

Thomas/Bennett,    Holmes,     Lawrence/McAllister

Waghorn/Marriott

Other options include:  Mitchell-Lawson and Sibley

B4 would love it but I wonder how many games before the fans start screaming....

Bird and Evans as the central midfield? I struggle enough to sleep as it is...please no.....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Bird and Evans as the central midfield? I struggle enough to sleep as it is...please no.....

To be fair - Pretty sure that was posted before Huddlestone's contract was renewed - AND it would be more of a midfield 3 because Holmes doesn't really play in the number 10 position as suggested there - I don't think the below is a dreadful/sleepless night inducing team?

Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Davies  Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes      Bird

Waggers                    Lawrence

Marriott

7 hours ago, cheron85 said:

To be fair - Pretty sure that was posted before Huddlestone's contract was renewed - AND it would be more of a midfield 3 because Holmes doesn't really play in the number 10 position as suggested there - I don't think the below is a dreadful/sleepless night inducing team?

Carson

Bogle  Keogh  Davies  Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes      Bird

Waggers                    Lawrence

Marriott

They’ll probably be the only 11 players we have left......?

Archived