19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am assuming we are not going up in my comments here. We are barely going to have a full 18 of senior players and a few are no longer wanted. See Anya, Thorne, Martin. 

You think this year was a rebuild the next one will be massive. Lamps has his work cut out. 

22 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I am assuming we are not going up in my comments here. We are barely going to have a full 18 of senior players and a few are no longer wanted. See Anya, Thorne, Martin. 

You think this year was a rebuild the next one will be massive. Lamps has his work cut out. 

If the purse strings are loosened come the summer then I think Lampard will be relishing the challenge. Hopefully it will be an opportunity to bring in 2 or 3 players on permanent transfers as well as extending the loans for Mount, Tomori and Wilson or alternatives from other PL clubs. Not forgetting that there could be another couple of promotions from the U23s.

Listening to some of his interviews I get the feeling there's underlying frustration that he's some way off the squad he wants but recognises that given current financial constraints he will have to bide his time. There's been a few silly comments that having had almost 30 games, he should have done better than he has - the guy's learning all the time and it makes more sense to judge him this time next year, not now.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

If the purse strings are loosened come the summer then I think Lampard will be relishing the challenge. Hopefully it will be an opportunity to bring in 2 or 3 players on permanent transfers as well as extending the loans for Mount, Tomori and Wilson or alternatives from other PL clubs. Not forgetting that there could be another couple of promotions from the U23s.

Listening to some of his interviews I get the feeling there's underlying frustration that he's some way off the squad he wants but recognises that given current financial constraints he will have to bide his time. There's been a few silly comments that having had almost 30 games, he should have done better than he has - the guy's learning all the time and it makes more sense to judge him this time next year, not now.

You'll probably find we sign 6 to 8 perms as we lose around 14 players at the end of thr season (including loans).

• 2 weeks later...

It’s hard to know what we need until we see who’s sticking around next season. With so many senior players either out of contract or returning to parent clubs, and question marks over long term absentees.

I can see Huddlestone getting a 1 year option. Davies will be back from injury but shouldn’t be counted on. Same for Fozzy. Realistically we are going to need at least 1 CB, a couple of midfielders to add bite and energy, possibly a winger and maybe even a GK. When contracts start getting sorted, or not in some cases, we wil know what we need. And then there’s the finances and what we can spend...

4 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Curtis Davies reckons he's the most talented player he has ever played with.

Would it be a bad signing?

He had an interesting interview in the Times at the weekend. Apparently he’s had offers from the Championship but he’s chosen to go to Sweden until the end of the season so he can build his match fitness up.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He had an interesting interview in the Times at the weekend. Apparently he’s had offers from the Championship but he’s chosen to go to Sweden until the end of the season so he can build his match fitness up.

Meaning he has the right attitude perhaps?

Would be interesting to see him play again, personally not too sure about what he would offer though. 

Archived