Accrington Stanley vs Derby County FA Cup 4th Round Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I really hope he reflects on these interviews tomorrow. I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt earlier but seeing as he's done two very similar interviews then it appears it wasn't just a heat of the moment reaction. It's a shame that because it's tarnished the whole experience. He seems to me like he's close to some kind of breakdown. Surprised he's taken umbrage at the bounce. The Accy players had left the pitch by the time Frank instigated it so surely it shouldn't have been a problem. It wasn't as though it was purposely done to rub their noses in it. 

They played well but only managed one shot on target. That’s where the problem lies!

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

The same club that they got a manager from that got them promoted and the same club that Norwich got their current manager from. Both men taking a club that narrowly avoided relegation to the top 6 of the championship in 12 months.

I wouldn’t write them off next season just because you’ve not heard of their manager. 

Im not writing them off soley on that. I work with a few huddersfield fans that are convinced hoyle not being well means its all doom & gloom 

17 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I really hope he reflects on these interviews tomorrow. I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt earlier but seeing as he's done two very similar interviews then it appears it wasn't just a heat of the moment reaction. It's a shame that because it's tarnished the whole experience. He seems to me like he's close to some kind of breakdown. Surprised he's taken umbrage at the bounce. The Accy players had left the pitch by the time Frank instigated it so surely it shouldn't have been a problem. It wasn't as though it was purposely done to rub their noses in it. 

I would agree on the breakdown.

If I worked with him I would be asking him if he was ok.

Everything about Accrington was great,except the manager who has made himself look a complete *******.

We bounce at the end of every game we win,it’s nothing personal,I thought Accrington did brilliant( like milk).

22 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

If he feels like that he should resign and not work in football.

Accrington are brilliant,he is a mardy joke who is not fit to be manager of Accrington.

One of the most embarrassing, cringe-worthy post match interviews I've ever heard. All clubs have lost matches on the back of dubious refereeing decisions but rarely have I seen such a surly, immature, unprofessional response from a full-time manager as this.

I read glowing reports about him before the game and good old TV commentators and summarisers kept reminding us throughout the game of his charismatic management style. What a load of old baloney!

Feel sorry for Accrington Stanley - their memories for the day should be all about how they pushed a Championship side all the way and with 10 men for well over half an hour but for many it will be tarnished by the sour comments of their manager.  Shame.

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

They played well but only managed one shot on target. That’s where the problem lies!

And of course he only sees it from his side. Moss was making poor decisions generally. Why not award a penalty for the foul on Bogle? Why not book their player for that atrocious dive in the area? 

50 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I don't think I've ever seen an opposition manager so close to crying. I do understand his grievances to some extent, and how important cup games are for Accrington, but I do feel this is over the top. 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen an opposition manager so upset about Frank doing the bounce. Magic of the cup

@MuespachRam 's bezzie mate is that, soft lad.

Probably robbed his own ma's hubcaps and grannies teeth as a nipper but wants to go home with his own ball coz he ain't playing anymore, coz the officials didn't give the home team every decision coz the underdog is supposed to win these games and he and the officials have clearly not done their homework on Derby County coz it's generally always us that the decisions go against.

Magic of the cup, no more Accrington Stanley, Tranmere Rovers, Everton or Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Tragic of the cup, be careful not to tell anyone that you are off to cheer on the Rams in any of the next rounds of the FA Cup, coz you know who might be round your house, helping themselves to things that don't belong to them!

"Coley, coley start the bounce!.........."

What an absolute melt. One of his players got a five match ban for stamping on someones head recently so he can shove his 'we are always on the wrong end of it' tripe up his arse. 

You didn't take your chances and you didn't defend well enough to keep a clean sheet. Stop bleating about it. In fact, if you are thinking about quitting then get on with it and spare us the histrionics.

Absolute moron.

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

And of course he only sees it from his side. Moss was making poor decisions generally. Why not award a penalty for the foul on Bogle? Why not book their player for that atrocious dive in the area? 

There was also a decent handball shout in area for us as well.

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interest doesn't always/often translate into a sale. I think it's very unlikely Huddersfield would be in a higher division than us next season, so that's something for the player to bear in mind if it gets that far. But if a Premier League club makes a bid (not happened as far as I know) and it's a big number (as it would have to be at this stage of the window) then it has to be considered.

Surely Roofe , Hugill , Assambalonga, Pukey or Rodriguez would be much better alternatives to Marriott for Huddersfield. Billy Blunt is also a c..........capable striker!

13 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

I don't think I've ever seen an opposition manager so close to crying. I do understand his grievances to some extent, and how important cup games are for Accrington, but I do feel this is over the top. 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen an opposition manager so upset about Frank doing the bounce. Magic of the cup

I thought Mel started the bounce. There's a clip somewhere on the forum.

19 hours ago, RamNut said:

Their red card didn't look like it was warranted so i can understand why their manager was peeved. 

I do think they were both yellow cards. The second one was definitely excessive force and I would have given a yellow. I’m not the type of ref who flashed cards so that gives a little context. The only blot on the landscape for Accrington yesterday apart from the  score was their manager’s reaction. I can understand that he was frustrated but his self-pitying tirade whilst entertaining radio and part and parcel of the “magic” of the Cup, just detracted from the Accrington camp. I’m sure on reflection that he wishes he’d have buttoned his lip. I really hope Accrington continue to rise...thoroughly lovely and genuine football folk who went to great efforts to put on a great day and Derby fans recognised that and have rightly lauded ASFC in return.

Archived