Accrington Stanley vs Derby County FA Cup 4th Round Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bogle did the cleverest thing of the game there..... stopped a goal, sounds daft, but I’m glad he did that under the circumstances..... we would have lost or drew that under various other managers, take the 1-0 and move on. Sad to see a very bitter opposition manager though,seems to have a chip on his shoulder, apart from the free kick at the end, Roos could have had a deckchair. 

45 minutes ago, KCG said:

Thought Bogle had a decent game and had no choice, but to commit the foul. We were caught out shouting for a penalty for handball (which I've seen given for that) and a very quickly taken free-kick, which frequently the ref would have made them take again.

I thought we made hard work of it and lost the ball too often, when we really should have kept possession. Great Waghorn scoring the goal, but at other times he's got to realise that sometimes you've got to go to the ball and not wait for it to come to you; and he needs to learn to shoot with his right foot!

Difficult game, but we battled through with Roos only having to make one save of note.

I didnt say he had a bad game! I just saying its the best thing he did all game as he won us the game, he had to do it.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Bogle did the cleverest thing of the game there..... stopped a goal, sounds daft, but I’m glad he did that under the circumstances..... we would have lost or drew that under various other managers, take the 1-0 and move on. Sad to see a very bitter opposition manager though,seems to have a chip on his shoulder, apart from the free kick at the end, Roos could have had a deckchair. 

Agreed, both challenges were easy yellows and you'd think we'd scored directly from the free kick he was moaning about. Incidentally their player actually came across ours and made contact with his thigh before making contact with the ball. 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Having watched the highlights, it was by no means a certain goal as he would had to shoot from about 16 yards out or risk getting tackled, better safe than sorry I suppose but If I had to bet on whether their player would score or not I would have gone with a miss or their player getting smothered/ tackled last ditch  especially with the lack of quality of their attacking palyers.  We were really naïve defensively to even put Bogle in that position though.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Just poor? Not horrific? Shocking? Abysmal? Embarrassing? A joke club? Shambles? 

Just poor yeah? Well that's disappointing that in the "I'm a massive Diva" thread the best you've got is "poor". 

It's a FA Cup game played on a park. You get these thrillers every year and they're great. I love seeing Man United at Burton or Liverpool at Exeter. I love a club that's used to boot heaters, leather chairs, air conditioned changing rooms and a green carpet has to come to "a dump" and get mixed up with some proper Sunday league stuff. I love to see the big teams go to the non league. I like to see the nervousness of the teams fighting for promotion going to League 1 and 2 grounds.

Accrington had nothing to lose today. They had a real go and good on 'em. 

Derby had nothing to gain and got the job done. 

And some of you lot are miserable feckers. Today was exactly the best of the FA Cup and people would rather cry about it. 

Totally agree. Winning an FA Cup tie 1-0 away in dodgy weather on a dodgy pitch when the other team are up for a scrap is a good day out.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Their red card didn't look like it was warranted so i can understand why their manager was peeved. 

Two bookable challenges. The only thing is i think a lot of refs would have let the first one go with it being so early in the game.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, I'm distraught. I've not been this upset since my dog died. 

It's a beautifully typical FA Cup away tie. They call them banana skins. They call them potential upsets. They're good because they happen every year. A good team goes to a shithole and the shithole gives them hell.

It's not new, you know? It's what many refer to as the "magic of the cup" 

But I'll leave you lot to have a diva strop while I enjoy the win and like most the country believe that Wimbledon stand a chance v West Ham even though West Ham have players in their reserves that Wimbledon couldn't afford.

Good post again Alpha.

Proper, good old fashioned FA Cup game this was, made so by Lampard always fielding his strongest teams. We scrapped this one out and deserved the win. One shot on goal for them for all their Managers moans, says to me we did.

Good tie, good win, season going along nicely, with the odd bump along the way. People need to enjoy this, it’s not a bad season so far.

Stats for us should show a yellow for Bogle and a red as it wasn't two yellows - it was a straight red. Anyway, one match ban - correct thing to do but how did he end up so exposed in the first place?

Waghorn, Holmes and Roos were very good. Keogh and Tomori decent.

Bennett was poor and the one chance he gets to do something, he shoots straight at the GK.

Their lad being sent off was maybe a tad harsh on the second - a quick chat, final warning and get on with things. Moss has always loved the cameras though.

Lets hope Mount is ok and it was a precaution.

A pretty good afternoon. No replay whereas West Brom, Boro and QPR have replays. Stoke seem to have played themselves out of a chance of promotion.Sheffield United and Norwich drew and Hull lost, It is a shame Leeds and Forest won and that PNE have found some good form in light of our game against them next week. Hopefully  the FA will take action to trim Leeds lead at the top and hopefully Mason Mount isn't seriously injured.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Shrewsbury 2-2 Wolves.

Another reason our game was FA Cup magic without the fairytale ending

Have you seen John Coleman? I bet hes never had a happy ending ?

Archived