Accrington Stanley vs Derby County FA Cup 4th Round Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

For 85 minutes I thought the ref was ok (although he clearly couldn't wait to send their player off).

For the last 5 minutes he lost the plot and gave Accrington literally every decision.

There was the high foot decision against Keogh, backing in decision against Zoon and the Nugent booking decision.

If their manager wants to question ref decisions why did he not question why their player was not sent off for kicking Bogle when he was on the floor? Or why their player was not booked for a ridiculous dive in our area?

If we had scored direct from a bad refereeing decision fair enough but we didn't. 

He's made himself look like a bitter knob, shame because everything else about their club was impressive. 

Agreed that he's not painted himself in the best of light but it's easy to get carried away in the heat of the moment when emotions are running high. Good example of this is any match thread at 5pm after a defeat. I dare say in the cold light of day he'll probably be embarrassed about his outburst. Just don't think we should make too big an issue of it when everything else about the build up, the game itself and result has been a positive experience. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Has this been comfirmed then, or is it just a rumour on here?

I wish George Thornes barber would keep his mouth shut. 

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Ye great cross Mason. Clarke from Leeds is head and shoulders above any of our young lads. 0-0 or 1-0 Accrington

Yet the SKY reporter at todays' Leeds game said Clarke was terrible. He might be a good player but easier to criticise your own players isn't it.

3 hours ago, KCG said:

Thought Bogle had a decent game and had no choice, but to commit the foul. We were caught out shouting for a penalty for handball (which I've seen given for that) and a very quickly taken free-kick, which frequently the ref would have made them take again.

I thought we made hard work of it and lost the ball too often, when we really should have kept possession. Great Waghorn scoring the goal, but at other times he's got to realise that sometimes you've got to go to the ball and not wait for it to come to you; and he needs to learn to shoot with his right foot!

Difficult game, but we battled through with Roos only having to make one save of note.

sorry to disagree but Bogles position and naivety cost him.....we are 1-0 up and the ball is up on there box and Bogle is the wrong side of his player and gets caught from an up and under basically

he had no need to be pushing up past his player and being 1-0 up and a player extra we didn't need to comitt so far up the pitch , just stay goalside, sorry to disagree but i personally thought he could've cost us today with decisions like that....just my opinion of course.......

I thought Barlasers sending off was a good argument for the Orange Card.

10 minutes in the sin bin, and a last warning that any further foul would lead to a red would have been fairer.

His first foul was a definite yellow, but I think the second was borderline. Credit to Nugent for bouncing straight up and not making a deal of it, not that it helped.

With the law as it stands the ref had little choice, let's give him the option of a less Draconian punishment and use a little more common sense.

9 minutes ago, Saity said:

sorry to disagree but Bogles position and naivety cost him.....we are 1-0 up and the ball is up on there box and Bogle is the wrong side of his player and gets caught from an up and under basically

he had no need to be pushing up past his player and being 1-0 up and a player extra we didn't need to comitt so far up the pitch , just stay goalside, sorry to disagree but i personally thought he could've cost us today with decisions like that....just my opinion of course.......

I’d go with that too in this instance. It’s a fair point and if you listened Franks interview on Radio Derby, he made mention of being caught out from our attack, without naming Bogle specifically. Two defenders back and neither close.

However, let’s not be too harsh, as he had no choice AFTER being caught out of position and he didn’t have a bad game otherwise.

Be sure Frank will review their positions and it will be part of Bogles education.

39 minutes ago, Saity said:

Bogle wasn't the only defender back to be fair.

Was at the match so not had chance to see any replay but their player looked about 5 yards offside to me.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was at the match so not had chance to see any replay but their player looked about 5 yards offside to me.

He wasn't you're right and it wasn't offside

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He was 5 yards off but was still just inside his own half.

It all happened so quick, i'm not sure Bogle and Malone worked out everything quick enough in their heads.

Bogle had a great game up until then. Him and Holmes were our best players, shortly followed by Keogh imo

Archived