Accrington Stanley v Derby County FA Cup 4th Round 26th Jan

Stanleyhouse

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Alpha said:

I didn't know Wolves used to be red and white and Burnley were blue and white. 

I find it strange that Notts County were in red and blue. They famously lent the visiting Juventus team the black & white striped kit a few years later.

19 hours ago, rammieib said:

We have a supporter liaison officer from another team actually being incredibly helpful to us and you want to embarrass yourself with comments like this. It's like schoolboy humour as well. Do us all a favour and keep the comments respectful to everyone. Just no need.

The information provided by Stanleyhouse has been excellent.

Hear hear!

This isn't to malign Stanleyhouse's motivation in being so splendid, but what about our supporters bonding with fellow supporters of the two founding clubs, and avoiding aggressive chants such as 'who are you' and 'what's the score' and 'you only sing when you're winning'?

Whoever wins, our fans have a golden opportunity to stand tall and win respect for appreciating our shared history. 

In other words, rise above the conditions which seem a mini-version of the BBG, and acknowledge how well Accrington has done to resurrect its club. Shouldn't be too many of the prawn sandwich brigade there who deserve to be derided, let alone anyone who mistakes mushy peas for guacamole.

Proper supporters unite!

17 hours ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Bowland Brewery Ales. Remember £2 a pint. ( or £1 after if we win ) We've got a marquee fanzone and live music.

Pukka pies. There's a chippy about 7 mins walk away. 

7 mins? Depends on how many pukka pies they’ve eaten already 

54 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Hear hear!

This isn't to malign Stanleyhouse's motivation in being so splendid, but what about our supporters bonding with fellow supporters of the two founding clubs, and avoiding aggressive chants such as 'who are you' and 'what's the score' and 'you only sing when you're winning'?

Whoever wins, our fans have a golden opportunity to stand tall and win respect for appreciating our shared history. 

In other words, rise above the conditions which seem a mini-version of the BBG, and acknowledge how well Accrington has done to resurrect its club. Shouldn't be too many of the prawn sandwich brigade there who deserve to be derided, let alone anyone who mistakes mushy peas for guacamole.

Proper supporters unite!

With the (genuine) greatest of respect to Stanleyhouse (who has set an example that all Supporters' liaison officers should follow), let us hope that we don't have to sing 'you only sing when you're winning' on Saturday

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

We’ve just booked a table at The Yard, as they’re showing it live in there.

I’ve booked a table in my lounge with my iPhone. Recovery mode from Fridays Manchester Beer Festival so I’ll need some TLC from The Rams as well as my girlfriend.

I’ll be wearing my colours at Beer Fest too so bound to be in conversation with some Stanley fans. I’ll keep you posted and no doubt manage a post or two fellow ale drinkers will be proud (ashamed) of. 

SSA! 

22 hours ago, rammieib said:

We have a supporter liaison officer from another team actually being incredibly helpful to us and you want to embarrass yourself with comments like this. It's like schoolboy humour as well. Do us all a favour and keep the comments respectful to everyone. Just no need.

The information provided by Stanleyhouse has been excellent.

Alreet mi Owd . I'm off ta church nah . I bet tha sits in main stand . Ya sound like one o them who thinks they are above everyone .. Hilda sez jog on 

The Redz Bar Marquee will return for the visit of Derby County.

Two local bands will play live at the Wham Stadium as part of the Stanley matchday experience on Saturday.

Scratch and The Covertones will play in the Marquee FanZone from 10:00am-12.30pm and 2.30pm-5.30pm.

The heated Marquee FanZone will open from 10am.

The burger van within the Marquee FanZone will be selling breakfast sandwiches.

All away fans are invited to join us with Happy Hours and Winners’ Hour also available within the Redz Bar Marquee for both fixtures.

Happy Hours (10am – 12.00pm and 1-hour post-match) – £2.00 per pint

Winners’ Hour (1-hour post-match) – £1.00 per pint *subject to match result.

10 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Two local bands will play live at the Wham Stadium as part of the Stanley matchday experience on Saturday.

Scratch and The Covertones will play in the Marquee FanZone from 10:00am-12.30pm and 2.30pm-5.30pm.

All away fans are invited to join us with Happy Hours and Winners’ Hour also available within the Redz Bar Marquee for both fixtures.

Will the Wetherspoons let away fans in early?

10 minutes ago, Stanleyhouse said:

Fantastic stuff @Stanleyhouse, you're the example all other clubs SLO should follow.

Archived