Champions & Europa League 18/19

Day

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Think I've seen more people moaning about people moaning about Liverpool fans going on about winning the Champions League than I have people moaning about Liverpool fans going on about winning the Champions League

19 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Good lad Alpha. I thought exactly the same. Jenas who has never played in a game like it was way too critical. It might not have been one for the purists but it was still a decent enough watch.

Commentators have talked us all into thinking a game needs to be 4-3 and free flowing to be a good game.

I love a battling 0-0 just as much.

They were saying stuff like "It's very humid in the stadium" and then moaning about the pace. 

They commented that it's nothing like a PL match. What? The biggest club game you can play isn't played like an October PL game at a home stadium? Surprising

And I can't remember the amount of times they moaned about long balls but then moaned that Spurs have pretty passing but no penetration

Twice Spurs forced good saves and within minutes they criticised the lack of chances. 

They criticised Spurs for doing nothing but then called for Liverpool to change the game because they're second best.

They criticised Kane who had to put up with Alli trying stupid stuff but other than that couldn't do much more. 

3 commentators and what? 4 in the studio? 

Fook me. Horrible way to cover football. Genuinely would not be able to watch live games with the volume up if that's what it's always like. 

And I mean Liverpool took the lead in the first minute. In the name of entertainment they should have risked that lead in a European Cup final and took the game to Spurs. They were never going to score a second by playing on the counter.... 

poo coverage

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

A thought occurs to me. The super cup will be Chelsea vs Liverpool, which is quite cool for fans of English football. But that got me wondering who is going to be competing for the charity shield?

It will be Liverpool

8 hours ago, JfR said:

It will be Liverpool

Phew. I thought it might be poor Watford in for another mauling. 

City vs Liverpool for the season opener would be tasty. 

So they’re playing for the community shield and the super cup. That’s not a bad result for Liverpool. 

11 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

A thought occurs to me. The super cup will be Chelsea vs Liverpool, which is quite cool for fans of English football. But that got me wondering who is going to be competing for the charity shield?

So where in Europe will both sets of fans have to travel to, to watch their teams play each other in the Super Cup?

Or will UEFA have some common sense and stage the game in this county.

58 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So where in Europe will both sets of fans have to travel to, to watch their teams play each other in the Super Cup?

Or will UEFA have some common sense and stage the game in this county.

I think you're being very selfish wanting it to be played in Derbyshire.

(assuming you're from Derbyshire.)

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Istanbul 

Vladivostok.

Then we could have all the pointless media articles about random people completing the amazing feat of travelling to a place to watch football. "You had to get on several planes and use multiple modes of transport? Wow, please regale us with this fascinating story!"

19 minutes ago, Anon said:

Vladivostok.

Then we could have all the pointless media articles about random people completing the amazing feat of travelling to a place to watch football. "You had to get on several planes and use multiple modes of transport? Wow, please regale us with this fascinating story!"

I'd love it to be there. Unfortunately, they've already chosen the venue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_UEFA_Super_Cup

18 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Liverpool fans have every right to go on about the champions league win. That’s the biggest trophy imo, the ultimate victory that all teams strive toward. And they’ve won it, that team reached the top. They’ve got every right to celebrate.

Yep and now Klippety Klopp has managed to get level with Roberto DiMatteo on number of European cups he has won...

Archived