Watchable telly

dog

13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

4 episodes left of One Day and me & Mrs Wolfie are enjoying it. We'll probably finish it tonight.

...that is to say that I'm enjoying it now I've mostly managed to suspend my disbelief that the two of them would have ever got together right at the beginning, they're just so different in every possible way you can think of.

I can't remember if that was the case in the book (read it donkeys years ago) and haven't seen the film.

Now you see I think that’s why it works. For me, it was a bit Brontë-like, with the conventionally attractive guy who’s had loads of lookalike girlfriends being seduced by the witty, more grounded lady. 

I won’t say more so as not to spoil it for anyone but I really liked it and thought the performances were great.

4 hours ago, Wolfie said:

4 episodes left of One Day and me & Mrs Wolfie are enjoying it. We'll probably finish it tonight.

...that is to say that I'm enjoying it now I've mostly managed to suspend my disbelief that the two of them would have ever got together right at the beginning, they're just so different in every possible way you can think of.

I can't remember if that was the case in the book (read it donkeys years ago) and haven't seen the film.

It's not quite as divided in the book as it is in the film or series. The book is a stonking read btw, sort of a book you plough through by the pool on holiday. 

Just finished Alice & Jack and enjoyed it a lot. The same point is present there though, hard to see how such a strong bond built between them when they spend the first two thirds of the series finding reasons to hate each other. Ulitmately, it feels like they took every rom com and threw them into a blender - you find yourself going "ah, that's from The Notebook, that's from The Holiday, that's from One Day" but it's a jolly watch for a few hours.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I won’t say more so as not to spoil it for anyone but I really liked it and thought the performances were great.

Well done, I thought you were going to start talking about the bit with the werewolf ripping out both their throats - that would have spoiled it for everyone.

The British Airways Killer...on ITV...you can get it on Catch up, Failing that most supermarkets will have it on the Ketch Up aisle 😁

True story of Robert Brown a British Airways Pilot who killed his wife in 2010...excellent...imo

2...1 hour episodes 👍

18 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Back to Love/Hate. I've just watched the last episode of S4, and the first one of S5. 

It's definitely getting better again, after the awful (to me) S3. 

That last one of S4, as a stand alone single episode, was absolutely brilliant. 

We are neck and neck, i finished season 4 this morning and started season 5.  Gripping stuff, i fear I'm going to miss it when its done.

5 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

The British Airways Killer...on ITV...you can get it on Catch up, Failing that most supermarkets will have it on the Ketch Up aisle 😁

True story of Robert Brown a British Airways Pilot who killed his wife in 2010...excellent...imo

2...1 hour episodes 👍

saw the first one, will do episode 2 tonight i think 

38 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Well done, I thought you were going to start talking about the bit with the werewolf ripping out both their throats - that would have spoiled it for everyone.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

7 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

I was so surprised that it was a robotic werewolf that growled in Mandarin - or was it satsuma?

Not sure if this one has been mentioned but Warrior is good fun. A Chinese martial artist travels to the US to unite his family, but instead ends up embroiled in some fairly savage turf wars. Much fighting is done, a lot of it spectacularly violent, you get the drift!

It's far from cerebral but it's quite a fun way to unplug, if not taken too seriously. Somewhat like Deadwood but with kung fu.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5743796/?ref_=ttep_ov

On 01/03/2024 at 15:57, NottsRam said:

We are neck and neck, i finished season 4 this morning and started season 5.  Gripping stuff, i fear I'm going to miss it when its done.

Me too. Have a weeks free trial on BritBox. Coming to the end of series 3. I thought Kin was good…..this is even better. I hope Nidge gets what’s coming to him….

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That Shogun is supposed to be really good. Anyone seen it?

Not yet, but I'm really looking forward to watching it, heard some really good things about it.

Finished One Day last night.

It was fairly good but a tad too long for me, I got a bit bored at the end.

It was well acted and had some funny bits, but I suppose it's just not really my genre

Mrs Badger absolutely loved it though, a proper blubfest for her. 

6.5/10 for me and 9 for her.

22 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Me too. Have a weeks free trial on BritBox. Coming to the end of series 3. I thought Kin was good…..this is even better. I hope Nidge gets what’s coming to him….

I haven't managed to finish watching season 5 this weekend so no spoilers please.  It's an interesting one, I know Nidge should get his comeuppance but I strangely have grown to like his character even though he is a complete sh!t 😁

54 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Finished One Day last night.

It was fairly good but a tad too long for me, I got a bit bored at the end.

It was well acted and had some funny bits, but I suppose it's just not really my genre

Mrs Badger absolutely loved it though, a proper blubfest for her. 

6.5/10 for me and 9 for her.

I finished it yesterday morning. I didn't mind it but it did annoy me to no end. How hard is it to communicate your feelings?🤣 Feel like 90% of it could've been avoided lol.

Have you seen The White Lotus? The main actor, Leo Woodall, is in the second season of that and he does a certain scene - I haven't been able to look at him the same way since then!

23 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

I haven't managed to finish watching season 5 this weekend so no spoilers please.  It's an interesting one, I know Nidge should get his comeuppance but I strangely have grown to like his character even though he is a complete sh!t 😁

I haven’t finished series 3 yet so no spoilers please lol. I just think he is slimy, 2 faced and will let his friends down when push comes to shove; as well as being extremely violent 🏌️♂️

11 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I finished it yesterday morning. I didn't mind it but it did annoy me to no end. How hard is it to communicate your feelings?🤣 Feel like 90% of it could've been avoided lol.

Have you seen The White Lotus? The main actor, Leo Woodall, is in the second season of that and he does a certain scene - I haven't been able to look at him the same way since then!

Yes I have and I know the scene. I thought both series of White Lotus were great.

37 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

He's super charismatic and complicated. Reminds me a bit of Ginny in Gomorrah.

It was sad to see that Werewolf rip his throat out in the last episode.