Watchable telly

dog

If you didn't watch Early Doors in 2003. Treat yourselves to Series 1 Episodes 1 & 2 on bbciplayer.

(or Episode 1 below ignore the Boro logo on it)

Episodes 3 & 4 on BBC4 tonight at 10:50pm and other episodes (5 & 6) same time on Saturday nights going forward.

Series 2 to follow (6 Episodes) then hopefully a new Series 3 to follow.

To the Regiment..............

On 06/01/2023 at 12:57, 86 Hair Islands said:

It's on my IMDB watchlist. Didn't realise it was based on a game though. 

Yeah. As a gamer it's probably my favourite piece of media ever. 

If you're not a gamer then you probably think Pac Man and Mario. This show will let people see how games now are capable of stirring emotions. 

The Last Of Us Part I is covered by this series. They stay pretty faithful too according to all sources. 

The Last Of Us Part II is brilliant but also one of the most depressing miserable games of all time. To the point where you wonder if it's actually "fun" to play. 

I hope everyone enjoys the series though. Can't wait to tune in tonight. 

From the man who brought us Chernobyl (the show, not the nuclear meltdown) I think the franchise will attract lots of new fans and maybe inspire a few to pick up a game! 

Edited by Alpha

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If you're not a gamer then you probably think Pac Man and Mario. This show will let people see how games now are capable of stirring emotions. 

The Last Of Us Part I is covered by this series. They stay pretty faithful too according to all sources. 

The Last Of Us Part II is brilliant but also one of the most depressing miserable games of all time. To the point where you wonder if it's actually "fun" to play. 

From the man who brought us Chernobyl (the show, not the nuclear meltdown) I think the franchise will attract lots of new fans and maybe inspire a few to pick up a game! 

Only vaguely modern game I've played was Tiger Woods. Think I was good at that because you have time to set the controls and work out exactly what you need to do, then set yourself to do it, if that makes sense?

Tried playing a zombie one - Resident Evil? - but got couldn't even get through the first screen as I kept running into walls instead of around them so was munched within seconds every time. Hugely amusing for my mates, not so much for me ??

As for the show, I'd give anything Pedro Pascal appears in a go as he chooses his parts very well.

Little bit of trivia from IMDB for you...

Gustavo Santaolalla, the music composer for video games The Last of Us (2013) and The Last of Us: Part II (2020), was brought on to compose the series soundtrack.

Enjoy the show! 

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I have been playing Last of Us part2 for nearly 2 years now. It is so dark and miserable I really struggle to play it for long before I need something light! I have only just got past the half way point I think. It is incredible but so intense I do question how much I actually enjoy it yet the story and gameplay is worth the effort.

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I have been playing Last of Us part2 for nearly 2 years now. It is so dark and miserable I really struggle to play it for long before I need something light! I have only just got past the half way point I think. It is incredible but so intense I do question how much I actually enjoy it yet the story and gameplay is worth the effort.

I got it on release, cus I'm a fangirl, played about 2/3 of it then stopped due to how I felt and how the game didn't help. I can't even tell you it cheers up. 

It's a kick in the nuts constantly. 

I'm glad I finished it because it's a story you need to experience if you have any fascination for the post apocalyptic genre. And after the magnificent part I you feel like you need to see the story through. That's further imprinted by how Part II begins.

But it's controversial for good reason. The most reviewed game in history I think? And subject to heavy review bombing. 

By the end of it I think you'll be invested in the story more for a Part III. So it's not 'bad'. 

But yeah, a miserable tale 

29 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Only vaguely modern game I've played was Tiger Woods. Think I was good at that because you have time to set the controls and work out exactly what you need to do, then set yourself to do it, if that makes sense?

Tried playing a zombie one - Resident Evil? - but got couldn't even get through the first screen as I kept running into walls instead of around them so was munched within seconds every time. Hugely amusing for my mates, not so much for me ??

As for the show, I'd give anything Pedro Pascal appears in a go as he chooses his parts very well.

Little bit of trivia from IMDB for you...

Gustavo Santaolalla, the music composer for video games The Last of Us (2013) and The Last of Us: Part II (2020), was brought on to compose the series soundtrack.

Enjoy the show! 

Oh the music on the game is a heart breaker itself. 

The music is like a character alone. Definitely give the show a go. The reviews are brilliant and from gamers perspective they seem to be saying "nailed it". 

The Part I and Part II versions come with so much accessibility options that registered blind people have played them. (This doesn't include the original 2013 release) 

You surely are at least more coordinated with a control pad than a blind person? Surely?? Gotta be?? ?

Edited by Alpha

19 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh the music on the game is a heart breaker itself. 

The music is like a character alone. Definitely give the show a go. The reviews are brilliant and from gamers perspective they seem to be saying "nailed it". 

The Part I and Part II versions come with so much accessibility options that registered blind people have played them. (This doesn't include the original 2013 release) 

You surely are at least more coordinated with a control pad than a blind person? Surely?? Gotta be?? ?

Err, yeah but, no but, yeah.... ? 

Will deffo watch the show though! 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

Adding my +1 for Early Doors, started my rewatch on Saturday night and I think it’s better than I remember, the characters are a lot more nuanced aside Phil and Nige.

Finally started Gomorrah last night after putting it off for years and I’m absolutely hooked after two episodes.

Also, Winterwatch starts tonight and that’s worth the license fee alone. 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Adding my +1 for Early Doors, started my rewatch on Saturday night and I think it’s better than I remember, the characters are a lot more nuanced aside Phil and Nige.

Finally started Gomorrah last night after putting it off for years and I’m absolutely hooked after two episodes.

Also, Winterwatch starts tonight and that’s worth the license fee alone. 

If you enjoy Gomorrah (as I did), I recommend you also watch Subarra, Blood on Rome. I don’t think it quite reaches the heights of Gomorrah but still an excellent series IMO.

19 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Last Of Us started last night HBO/Sky Atlantic. Thought it was excellent. Video game to tv shows don’t usually work, but this has started brilliantly. Loved the game too.

Agree - watched E1 last night and thought it was spot on (spoken as a long time gamer myself). Pedro Pascal is perfectly cast - he even looks like Joel from the game IMO. And Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont of Game of Thrones fame) is brilliant as Ellie, even if she doesn't look like her games' sake. Roll on episode 2.