Is Lampard just a man in a suit

superzak

If Saturday’s game didn’t highlight it, today’s game must have. We need to lower our expectations. This season is a free hit now, with top 6 the absolute best we can hope for.

Next season is when the real work begins with much of the squad out of contract. If we look at things calmly, Frank needs three seasons to get things right.

Let’s be honest, we are enjoying a stay of execution in the top 6. A team that has lost 7 games from 24 and will probably lose another 5-6 between now and May can’t be considered a genuine contender for promotion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, superzak said:

1970 as my first season pal...how about you adam

Long enough to know that FL is doing a good job, he has got a big rebuilding job to do, and for me we are ahead of where expected. 

Sorry but a completely daft thread imo.

Pochettino- Man Utd/Real Madrid

Eddie Howe- Spurs

Lampard-Bournemouth 

Not saying Lampard will take it but the Bogle links to Bournemouth, the Harry Redknapp factor and the fact that Bournemouth are a stable premier league club makes me think they think that Bournemouth will push hard for him if Howe joins Spurs(who is one of the favourites when Poch leaves which looks more likely). These things tend to have a collateral effect. This is a big job here and an even bigger rebuilding job in the summer with many players’ contracts up in the summer and the loan players going back to their clubs. Something to keep an eye on.

Even Lampard said pre-season the aim was promotion and with the money spent and loans bought in, we should be up there challenging.

So far, we are if you include play offs. Last three games though some very worrying decision making is going on, and general performance levels at the moment are very poor.

The brand of play he initiated has gone completely and in interviews the tide is becoming defensive. Pops at fans, defending the team despite not winning when an articulate manager would be slightly cleverer with words.

Either way, we can all disagree over certain players (Carson, Bogle, Keogh the obvious ones) but don't think many are doubting Bryson and Flojo currently.

To see them constantly in ahead of Waghorn and Holmes (either what's available) is puzzling to many of us. If results could back up his recent decisions then fine, but they cannot at the moment.

Too many of the chasing pack (Brum, QPR, Villa, Stoke, Forest) seem to be picking up whilst we're not. 

I haven’t really got much to say about FL but I do have to question some of his team selection. I think he wants to change our form and he thinks changing our forwards and midfield is going to do this. I personally think he needs to play a settled side. 

I also think this training business is a load of tosh. I would pick a team based upon their matchday performance.

18 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I haven’t really got much to say about FL but I do have to question some of his team selection. I think he wants to change our form and he thinks changing our forwards and midfield is going to do this. I personally think he needs to play a settled side. 

I also think this training business is a load of tosh. I would pick a team based upon their matchday performance.

Second point is a very important one imo, starting to get suspicions frank puts too much emphasis on training. Maybe we think what works in training will work in a match, hence why we seem a bit lax at times and poor under pressure- cause the pressure in training isn’t as much? The team selection and the way we play can’t be based on training, at least not in its entirety. Clearly training is key, but match day situations are much different and must be treated so.

Truly unbelievable.  I’m all for everyone having an opinion but whatever opinion you have you can’t expect things to turnaround in a few months.  We’re probably over achieving to where most people expected us to be and had a purple patch where we were excellent.  Unfortunately I think that raises expectation unrealistically too high.   Whether we like it or not we are in a rebuild phase.  Reaching the playoffs remains a realistic goal but by no means a certainty.  For the most part I’ve enjoyed the season so far

22 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Truly unbelievable.  I’m all for everyone having an opinion but whatever opinion you have you can’t expect things to turnaround in a few months.  We’re probably over achieving to where most people expected us to be and had a purple patch where we were excellent.  Unfortunately I think that raises expectation unrealistically too high.   Whether we like it or not we are in a rebuild phase.  Reaching the playoffs remains a realistic goal but by no means a certainty.  For the most part I’ve enjoyed the season so far

The voice of reason.

1 minute ago, superzak said:

sorry everybody its Boxing day all the family were round to watch the match,,,and it was poor at the extreme...im not a fan of having a celebrity as a manager..so it the beer talking ...sorry xx

Since it's the season of goodwill, I forgive you. Pour yourself another drink and we'll move onto the next one. UTR.

5 minutes ago, superzak said:

sorry everybody its Boxing day all the family were round to watch the match,,,and it was poor at the extreme...im not a fan of having a celebrity as a manager..so it the beer talking ...sorry xx

If it’s your opinion stick with it. FL isn’t perfect and some of this changing players about and some team selection does baffle me. I wish he’d pick Waghorn more. 

Archived