Does Derby have one of the best Stadium atmosphere

Curtains

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

All quiet in the Waterfall mate?

Yes mate, lots of police around, stopped Derby fans going through the train station at one point, had to walk past the Brunny to get to the game. Last thing I need is more exercise ?

South stand we’re awful last night. It’s all well and good saying no other stands sing, but at the end of the day the south stand = singing stand and they don’t!! 

Top left corner near away fans actually try and start songs and I can clearly see them doing this, but if everyone else below them doesn’t bother, then it’s pointless 

42 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

The pre match music also stops any build up of atmosphere as well

Yeah I thought this last night, after Jamie Thrasivoulou the atmosphere that was built was sucked out by the pre match music. Needed to be judged better, no music and let people get to their seats but for five minutes and let the fans build the atmosphere further.

16 minutes ago, Spanish said:

this is how BBC reported it

"You're only here for the free flags," sing the Forest fans. Top banter.

Must admit, I thought it was them that sang it to us?  (I'm in NE Corner).

I'm not convinced this pre-match music does drown out (or nullify) any atmosphere.  Stands ain't terraces.  Yer average fan "ain't what they used to be".  The ground is two-thirds empty until the players come out (probably due to the screens in the concourse?)

Personally, I reckon without the PA system, our... and many other's... stadiums really would resemble a library!

I thought it was Forest singing about the flags and I thought it was quite funny too.

I think the club is trying a bit too hard to manufacture a atmosphere.  I don't blame them because the lack of atmos seems to be a concern for many.  However, I reckon "atmosphere" (which probably translates to noise) is generally generated organically and spontaneously and shouldn't be forced.  The crowd was pretty good last night before the game and for the first 30 mins or so.  I don't think that is because of the flags, or the poetry or anything else the club does.  It was because it was a pretty full house, against the gumps and there was a healthy amount of banter going on and an expectation/hope of smashing our nearest and dearest rivals.  

I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of the flags.  They look amazing and I'm sure the TV cameras love them.  But I think they are a distraction from making more noise (for example, you can't clap when you're waving a flag).  They also disappear when the game kicks off, so don't really help generate or maintain anything for the game itself.  The fact opposition fans take the mickey makes me laugh though - at least it breaks up the monotony of songs about Karanka.  

13 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I think the club is trying a bit too hard to manufacture a atmosphere.  I don't blame them because the lack of atmos seems to be a concern for many.  However, I reckon "atmosphere" (which probably translates to noise) is generally generated organically and spontaneously and shouldn't be forced.

Fully agree.

I also hate the music, we tend to get to our seats early and like to have a chat to our regular neighbours, about the team, tactics etc. But when the music starts you can't have that sort of chat without yelling yourself hoarse and catching every germ they breath. No wonder people stay down in the concourse! Maybe that's the plan to make you buy more beer and pies!

So to back up my previous post, we have folk who complain about the pre-match music drowning out their attempts to discuss tactics and team selection with their neighbours.

Not singing yourself hoarse in anticipation of, and support for, the players who will be coming out onto the pitch in 10 or fifteen minutes... but discussing stuff!  Like I say, people and times have changed.

... And yes, I include myself in those changes, unfortunately!

Pre-match the music did kill any fan songs.. No need when we are at home to our nearest and dearest, just let the crowd do its thing.

Then just before KO, we have that bloody song where we pretend we are some sort of black and white army and that leads to a chorus of bloody Bobby Zamora from the away fans. FFS I still aint over that yet. 

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

The poem from that lad was bloody fantastic though, got me right in the mood for war hahahha. Maybe the players should be listening to it in the dressing room......

Huddlestone tweeted Jamie to say it was a great performance so maybe they did?

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not singing yourself hoarse in anticipation of, and support for, the players who will be coming out onto the pitch in 10 or fifteen minutes... but discussing stuff!

I'm a bit old for singing in a 3/4 empty stadium, but always up for a bit of discussion as a warm up. ? I doubt the players in their changing room can hear it anyway!

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm assuming those complaining about Forest making more noise than us were watching Sky. Could barely hear the Forest fans for most of the game on my sofa watching RamsTV.

The mikes for tv are placed at predetermined points I’m guessing, that obviously affects what the TV picks up. Some have compared to other TV games, I thought we gave a good account vocally. But yes the Florist chant about the free flags tickled me, credit where it’s due. Anything not involving the vulgar stuff definitely a winner. I’m getting old ?

I don't have much of a problem with the efforts of the South Stand as they are the cue for the rest of the ground. I would only ask them to repeat the chants a bit longer so the rest of us can work out what each one is and join in.

People were moaning about the Karanka chant last night but that's because it went on and on.

Whereas our South Stand seem to change the chant more often than Darren Bent changes his trainers!  

Archived