Does Derby have one of the best Stadium atmosphere

Curtains

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect Dora Alday may be a Leeds fan. Her assessment is mostly subjective stuff and her factors seem to include size of ground, number of fans and the amount of noise. I’m not surprised that Derby is up there - we should be - but what concerns me these days is there are fewer and fewer grounds with capacity attendances to create the atmosphere. TV of course is the main culprit. But remember football is nowt wi’out the fans.

I trust we’ll get chance on Monday night to experience what Pride Park can deliver when the mood is right. 

It may be cos i'm an old git and think everything was better 'bitd' but the football, the nightclubs, the pubs,  all seemed to have a better atmosphere then, maybe it's cos folk have their heads down more now, studying their phones etc.

I think it has,I know that some of the time you can see tumbleweed blowing across the half way line but when the South Stand gets going it’s brilliant.

I would probably have put Bramall Lane above us and Wednesday should automatically be the best at everything because they invented everything and I would also put Rotherham bottom of every list on principle.

Bit of a weird article, but 2nd is still promotion. Critisices lots of grounds for never been full, then praises Brum's atmosphere when it's full. Which is pretty much never.

Assume we gave never sold out because there are always some seats not available due to segregation, rather than the indifference of about 300 fans?

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

BBG was old hat though. 

No way was the Ley Stand 'old hat', we were over 25% on our way to having a very modern stadium, i'd argue we'd still be in the Prem if we had taken the 'rebuild a stand' for 3 'close seasons' option. I suppose the close proxomity of the local residents had a lot to do with the decision to relocate, along with parking issues.

3 minutes ago, mozza said:

No way was the Ley Stand 'old hat', we were over 25% on our way to having a very modern stadium, i'd argue we'd still be in the Prem if we had taken the 'rebuild a stand' for 3 'close seasons' option. I suppose the close proxomity of the local residents had a lot to do with the decision to relocate, along with parking issues.

Baseball Hotel closing was the beginning of the end lol. 

Seriously I loved the BBG but I now love Pride Park. 

On it's day but that's not as frequent as we'd all like. 

Atmosphere in general is/has been on it's ar$e for ages. I'm sure Hillsborough, Elland Road, Bramall lane etc are all cracking on their day too but we've all seen the other side of those grounds over the years. Remember the 10 in a row under Clough we had over Leeds, Elland Road was a one of the worst I've ever seen. I don't think anybody is pumping out a consistent atmosphere nowadays. 

I think in the past few years, since we have had the south stand the atmosphere has got much better, been to most grounds in this division and on our day we are deffo one of the best, thought this season that the Stoke away game had a good atmosphere between home and away supports, like it when it gets hot, and yes Sheffield United and Leeds can both generate a good atmosphere, but the Derby Forest game is the one for myself, can not wait for that game now.

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Baseball Hotel closing was the beginning of the end lol. 

Seriously I loved the BBG but I now love Pride Park. 

I am glad you made the transition I never have, to me watching Derby meant the BBG .I suppose a fair part of that feeling was it was the most successful part of our history .

The old city / urban grounds that didn't move to business / retail parks have a feeling about them that PP and similar can't replicate. Newcastle is one that springs to mind as well as Villa Park .

Maybe one of the reasons [as well as winding us up] that the red dogs harp on about the success they had  is they can still visit the site of their success every week .

I feel totally detached from our former glories as it only exists in the internet .

Archived