V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

0-0 Suits both sides really, us more than them you could say. We didn't turn up though, passes and fist touches were average at best. Not going to knock the side too much however i do think its time for Bryson to take a break and for Waghorn to start getting minutes. We would take a draw and a clean sheet against any other side in top 7 so dont see why it should be different v Forest. Sheffield United drew 0-0 with Wednesday when everyone was expecting a home win. This game was 100x tighter and the result showed that. Hopefully we can best Bristol and go into the next 4 big games with confidence! UTR....

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

No idea how you can make a case for it not being a penalty. Lawrence gets to the ball first and then is impeded. Intentionally or not. However, what difference that would have made to the overall outcome we will never know. A fair result, not one to remember.

I actually came on to question the quality of your team (and ours) and ask if you were happy with the performance etc. I also questioned the atmosphere having at the start thought you guys were going to make it very intimidating etc. At that stage I just said some refs give that penalty and some don't. It's then just developed into focusing on the penalty. 

My summary is both teams look playoff at best. Both barely have a player good enough for Premier League should either of us get promotion. And out of the two teams I think we have more threat going forward than you based on last night so would give us more chance of promotion. Unless you guys are normally better than that?

The little bits I had heard about your team made me expect a lot more from your team than they showed last night. I thought Lampard had you playing exciting football. I accept derby matches end up nullifying that. And I accept the ref didn't help either. 

2 hours ago, enlightened said:

Another Forest fan here. Watched the game on TV so saw all the replays etc.

• Derby should definitely have had a penalty - clumsiness is not an excuse. Would have been a soft penalty but it was a penalty all the same.
  • Derby were all over us in the first 30 minutes, after that I thought we were marginally the better team.
  • Referee was crap for both sides - clueless.
  • Foul count was Derby 21 - Forest 11 and he missed as many decisions for you as he did for us.
  • Bogle - elbow to the head - definite red. If Darikwa's clumsiness isn't an excuse then neither was Bogle's. You can't lead with an arm like that, swinging or not.
  • Tomori - flying two footed tackle - definite red. No place in the game for tackles like that. Only reason there was no protest from Forest was that Carvalho bottled the tackle so didn't get hit - good job really as he'd probably be out for the rest of the season if he hadn't.
  • The Lawrence injury was unfortunate - nothing to do with the tackle really. As he came down he trod on Darikwa's foot and that twisted his ankle. Hope he's OK.
  • Not many clear cut chances - pretty dull game in that respect - midfield very congested so no space to play - probably because we picked both Yacob and Colback.

Draw probably a fair result.

Pretty much sums it up.

Tomori's tackle had my heart in my mouth that's for sure.  Had to be timed perfectly and it was.  Watching the replays, one of his legs was slightly bent so from the refs angle probably seemed less two footed than it was.  Still wouldn't have moaned if he'd missed the ball and been sent off.  

Bogle had to get leverage, no malice at all.  Same outcome if it was a clash of heads, a yellow.

Lawrence's injury was an accident poor and simple, I've been caught like that myself.  Can't legislate for it.

One things for sure though, with Hefele, Colbeck, Cash, Grabban & Lolley, you beat us hands down when it comes to players with w8nk hair...

11 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

I actually came on to question the quality of your team (and ours) and ask if you were happy with the performance etc. I also questioned the atmosphere having at the start thought you guys were going to make it very intimidating etc. At that stage I just said some refs give that penalty and some don't. It's then just developed into focusing on the penalty. 

My summary is both teams look playoff at best. Both barely have a player good enough for Premier League should either of us get promotion. And out of the two teams I think we have more threat going forward than you based on last night so would give us more chance of promotion. Unless you guys are normally better than that?

The little bits I had heard about your team made me expect a lot more from your team than they showed last night. I thought Lampard had you playing exciting football. I accept derby matches end up nullifying that. And I accept the ref didn't help either. 

Maybe you have just answered your own question

7 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

The rumours I had heard made me expect a lot more from your team than they showed last night. I thought Lampard had you playing exciting football. I accept derby matches end up nullifying that. And I accept the ref didn't help either. 

Ignoring the 'penalty'.

We are being rebuilt, again, and are blowing hot and cold regarding performances. What you need to ask, is why you lot didn't take the points, as you played us when we where blowing cold? Perhaps that is demonstrated in your WDL columns where you have amassed a lot of draws, is that because you cannot kill teams off?

It is a single game in the season, and one where you should have taken the points.  Might make the difference come the play-offs.

9 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Ignoring the 'penalty'.

We are being rebuilt, again, and are blowing hot and cold regarding performances. What you need to ask, is why you lot didn't take the points, as you played us when we where blowing cold? Perhaps that is demonstrated in your WDL columns where you have amassed a lot of draws, is that because you cannot kill teams off?

It is a single game in the season, and one where you should have taken the points.  Might make the difference come the play-offs.

We are very much a work in progress as well. Before last night I thought you were well ahead of us in that respect. For us you have to bear in mind the starting point and how poor a state our last owner left us in. What we don't know yet is how much time the owner will give the manager. 

I think it's up front you need to improve as that was a really weak Forest defence last night you didn't really scare in any way. 

IMO

Grabban could end up being the difference between either side getting promoted. Although neither of us will probably end up going up. 

And giving you some credit we couldn't get on the ball at all the first 30 minutes. You dominated without really creating much at the start. 

26 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

Before last night I thought you were well ahead of us in that respect.

Don't you look at the table?? We are not well ahead of you, and neither should we be, being on the amount of money you have spent.

Your issue is you draw far too much, you need to convert them.  You have drawn 11, we have 5.  So lets thake that 6 in difference and say half you went for it and won (9 points) two you drew and one you lost, you would be in 3rd place.

48 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

I think it's up front you need to improve as that was a really weak Forest defence last night you didn't really scare in any way. 

IMO

Grabban could end up being the difference between either side getting promoted. Although neither of us will probably end up going up. 

You think we need to improve up front based on 1 game? Grabban also didn't score last night you know. By your logic you definitely need to replace him.

47 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

We are very much a work in progress as well. Before last night I thought you were well ahead of us in that respect. For us you have to bear in mind the starting point and how poor a state our last owner left us in.

How can you believe a manager that has been in charge 12 months, had 2 transfer windows and spent a lot more money be so far behind in his transition to a manager that has been in charge 6 months, with only 1 window and had to sell to buy?

That's not even thinking about the respective managers past managerial experience.

?

Too much whinging about the ref. Even Lampard complained. 

I think the crap passing, wasted set pieces, clumsy control etc were more responsible for the fair draw. The arguing about who was the most fouled and who should have had this card and that card sounds like a Wenger, Mourinho moan off because they didn't do enough to win the game. 

Lampard moaned about the penalty costing us but I thought losing the entire middle of the pitch wasn't helping either. 

It was just a dull deserved draw. My mates who support other teams all turned it off or fell asleep. 

I actually feel sorry for the ref that he was closest to the 'action'

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Too much whinging about the ref. Even Lampard complained. 

I think the crap passing, wasted set pieces, clumsy control etc were more responsible for the fair draw. The arguing about who was the most fouled and who should have had this card and that card sounds like a Wenger, Mourinho moan off because they didn't do enough to win the game. 

Lampard moaned about the penalty costing us but I thought losing the entire middle of the pitch wasn't helping either. 

It was just a dull deserved draw. My mates who support other teams all turned it off or fell asleep. 

I actually feel sorry for the ref that he was closest to the 'action'

I agree with most of that Alpha but not the bit in bold. We were rubbish in midfield but so were they. I don't think anyone won midfield as such I thought both sides were non existent in there. Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic ?

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It was a poor game all round. We played nowhere near to the levels we are capable of. Still a decent point and 7 points from the last 3 is a return we'd all have taken at the start.

The referee was absolutely woeful, for both teams. Stonewall penalty in the first half and Bogle should have been sent off. Also in the second half in particular he never let the game flow. Every little decision went their way. That game requires a strong referee. Can't understand, with no other games being played, why we didn't get a top premier League referee officiating.

Thought first half we edged it (bar the last 10 minutes) and second half they had the better chances. But all in all a fair result. 

Thought Lawrence flattered to deceive again. Really not sure how he's kept his place for this long now. Same goes to Bryson. I've been saying since the start of the season that he needs to go. He's not the player he used to be. But it's almost a criminal offence to criticize Bryson. He's not good enough. 

Our best football this season has been when Mount, Wilson and Huddlestone played in midfield. We had zip, creativity and we played 3 promotion rivals off the park.

Also really not sure what Waghorn has done wrong. He has to start the next game.

Big 2 weeks now. Some huge games coming up. I think a win on Saturday is imperative.

Great post Mackworth. Thanks for saving me doing the work. POTD ?

2 hours ago, Interestedparty said:

Tomoris tackle also shows how different you see things in real life and at normal speed

As he made the tackle I said great tackle to my son. When you see the replay it looks shocking. 

What was wrong with it?

He didn't mean to kick your player so surely couldn't have been a foul even if he had missed the ball?

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I agree with most of that Alpha but not the bit in bold. We were rubbish in midfield but so were they. I don't think anyone won midfield as such I thought both sides were non existent in there. Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic ?

No, you're probably right. It was a congested area and they were probably frustrated in there too. Just from our perspective we lacked composure in there and gave away the ball with sloppy touches more often than under genuine pressure.

We were pretty disappointing. Draw was definitely a fair result, too easy to scapegoat the referee here, but it's deflection from the fact that we didn't move the ball quick enough or create nearly enough chances. At least we kept a clean sheet, not a disaster.

Archived