How Do You Think This Season Will End?

DarkFruitsRam7

Where do you think we will finish this season?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seeing as we're over 1/3 of the way through the season, I think we have a decent idea of our prospects. Where do you think we will finish, and how will we do it?

I'm daring to dream. I think we'll have a hugely important January transfer window that will see us through to automatic promotion. We may need battle cries from @B4ev6is, rants from @Alpha, reasonable posts from @angieram and pure trollish bullpoo from @MuespachRam, but if we all pull together I think we can do it. 

Up the bloody Rams x

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My digestive system will have no part to play in this seasons promotion, sorry to disappoint. Maybe I’m being a little negative after being told by reasonable @angieram my choice of underwear does not have any effect on the result. Who knows, come May my bowels could have the final say, but right now I’m fully behind B4.

14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Seeing as we're over 1/3 of the way through the season, I think we have a decent idea of our prospects. Where do you think we will finish, and how will we do it?

I'm daring to dream. I think we'll have a hugely important January transfer window that will see us through to automatic promotion. We may need battle cries from @B4ev6is, rants from @Alpha, reasonable posts from @angieram and pure trollish bullpoo from @MuespachRam, but if we all pull together I think we can do it. 

Up the bloody Rams x

My first year at Uni saw us beat in the play offs final. 3rd year saw us supported.

Rarely had the coin for games though. Just Central Sports highlights on VHS and clippings from the DET sent in the post. (No internet back in the last century - arrrghhhh I’m old!)

I hope your Uni years see a promotion too. That’ll do me.

We’re due something soon anyway in our historical c10 year cycle of cup finals, promotions and cups / titles etc. I’ve been around for 75; 86; 87; 96; 07..... we are due another!

7 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

My first year at Uni saw us beat in the play offs final. 3rd year saw us supported.

Rarely had the coin for games though. Just Central Sports highlights on VHS and clippings from the DET sent in the post. (No internet back in the last century - arrrghhhh I’m old!)

I hope your Uni years see a promotion too. That’ll do me.

We’re due something soon anyway in our historical c10 year cycle of cup finals, promotions and cups / titles etc. I’ve been around for 75; 86; 87; 96; 07..... we are due another!

We seem to be getting later and later each decade!!  

On the first option I've revised my pre-season prediction upwards. I feel more optimistic than I did pre-season.

I would like to vote for quite a few of the second options as they are what makes up the essence of this very enjoyable  Forum.

As I could only choose one it had to be B4 - of course.

@David - don't take me seriously and please do whatever you need to do to get you through the games! 

I've gone for playoffs, but no one is running away with it like Leicester did, or Wolves did.

This season it just needs any club around mid table up to put a run together, I look at Villa for example.

No reason why it can't be us.  

January will be massive, we usually make a right arse of it; hopefully with Lampard things will be different.

We’re not good enough for a top 2 spot; we’re a bit too cavalier and prone to leak goals; that said we can beat anybody on our day when we’re fully fit. I’m glad we have youth and a fearless approach and glad we’re not a “grind-a-win” side like Boro and Karanka’s “impersonation” of Boro. I think we’ll finish 5th and fear nobody in the play offs. You know the law of averages says that one day sooner or later we will meet the Red Dogs in a play-off final at Wembley ....yes...you’ve got it. The Frank Lampard’s Derby County versus Karanka’s Red Dogs at Wembley. Step forward Jack Marriott, Sir Harold Wilson and Mount Mason in a swash-buckling Errol Flynn-esque romp in May. ?

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Someone is going to mention entitlement soon. Feel it in my bones. 

Not entitlement for me, no team is guaranteed success because it has been successful. You have to work very hard to achieve it, but we have waited for it a long time now. As someone has said, DCFC in particular does seem to go in cycles, and hopefully a new one is about to begin. There's a buzz about the club, similar to when King Arthur and TBE started to take off. Hopefully it will happen, not through entitlement but bloody hard work and a fair amount of skill.

2 hours ago, David said:

My digestive system will have no part to play in this seasons promotion, sorry to disappoint. Maybe I’m being a little negative after being told by reasonable @angieram my choice of underwear does not have any effect on the result. Who knows, come May my bowels could have the final say, but right now I’m fully behind B4.

I would hope everyone on the forum is wearing their lucky pants, perhaps every day but at least every day we play, to help waft us over the finishing line to automatics. The Universe is full of wonder and mystery, and the power of lucky pants in football has to be one of them.

Archived