How Do You Think This Season Will End?

DarkFruitsRam7

Where do you think we will finish this season?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Homer said that alcohol was the cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems. He also said that a man who had been through bitter experiences and travels far enjoys even his suffering after a while.

OK, those quotes are actually two different Homers, but they encapsulate life as a Derby fan. There is a time for celebration and there is a time for the drowning of sorrows, so that's the alcohol bit nicely woven in. The second part basically sums everything up tidily. It can be almost unbearable being a Derby fan at times, but celebrate it, shout it from the rooftops even in adversity, because at least we don't support Forest.

So for me, BurtonRam's insane alcohol-fueled rants will herald what is to come - the joy of reaching the playoffs coupled with the anticipation of greater things, plus the possibility, nay likelihood, of the inevitable crushing disappointment.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the kind words @eddie.

If I may be so arrogant as to add my own perspective on the second Homer quote; all of these bitter experiences will make it all the more sweet when (and I believe it is a case of ‘when’) we finally banish the demons of our previous failings and secure promotion to the Premier League. To me, promotion would mean so much more now than it would have meant in 13/14, when it was this era’s first real attempt.

For what it’s worth, your grumbling, @Angry Ram‘s Northphobia and @Boycie‘s, @reveldevil‘s and @rynny‘s humour all came very close to making what would have been a ridiculously large poll.

3 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Thank you for the kind words @eddie.

If I may be so arrogant as to add my own perspective on the second Homer quote; all of these bitter experiences will make it all the more sweet when (and I believe it is a case of ‘when’) we finally banish the demons of our previous failings and secure promotion to the Premier League. To me, promotion would mean so much more now than it would have meant in 13/14, when it was this era’s first real attempt.

For what it’s worth, your grumbling, @Angry Ram‘s Northphobia and @Boycie‘s, @reveldevil‘s and @rynny‘s humour all came very close to making what would have been a ridiculously large poll.

Too late mate, tooooooooo late.

Archived