What You Heard in the Stand?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walking back to the car from the match below, we were talking about who played well. 

"I thought Charlie George had a very good game" says me Dad......

image.thumb.jpeg.519ef60f12680bbf6361d2cb06b81a32.jpeg

My fav was a lady nearby who didn’t like Benty 

It was always .. why’s he on pitch ? Useless, off side again ... blah blah blah 

Then he scored ... and it was “about time too lazy ******”

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away ( Old Trafford ) when I was a youff  .. an old geyser with a bass profundo Yorkshire voice like the Hovis advert.

They’d just signed 5’-3” of Lou Macari .... this voice heavy with irony “I see we’ve signed another effing giant”

When I go to Luton games .. my Nephews home team .. they have this terrible song ( but brilliant because they all sing it no matter where they sit  ) all about Tony Thorpe who foolishly ( or wisely ? ) went to play for Watford about 15 years ago .. they’re  still questioning his mothers means of employment and commenting about her morals. 

"Neil Harris? More like Rolf Harris." - Millwall away FA Cup game, before the subsequent truth came out about owd Rolf. 

------

Burton pre-season about ten years ago, Derby fans are gradually working their way through past players chants in reverse order...

"We've got Fabrizio, you've got **** allio"

"Stefano Eranioooo, Stefano Eraniooo"

"Bai, Bai Baiano, Baiano, Baiano"

"Carbonari, Carbonari ole ole ole"

"Scoring goals for Derby, Phillip Gee"

"Woaaah Bobby Bobby...."

"McFaaaarlaaaand, McFaaaarlaaaand"

Long pause.... that's about as far back as anyone can remember we collectively think, then a guy at the front pipes up "Bloomer! Bloomer! Ra Ra Ra!" and throws his hat up in the air. Class timing.

-------

Oldham away in the 80’s probably in the 2nd division. 

After the game the travelling army of Rams fans headed off the terracing after winning 4-1 through a load of mud. One chap shouted “I wish I’d come in my wellies. I wish I’d come in my wellies....” The whole crowd joined in. It was just one of those moments.

the one I remember from very early 90s

I think the game where we got tonked 7-1 at home by Liverpool.

As Barnes ran right through the middle of our midfield....."Break his Black legs!"

im not sure you could get away with that these days.

the other thing I remember from that game, is peter shiltons only tactic when he had the ball was to pump it to the half way line, where Alan Hansen won his header over a much shorter dean saunders, every single time!

Many many years ago I went to an away game at Watford and as I had gone with some Watford-supporting friends I was in the home end. We were being battered and at 5-0 down Paul Emson was brought on as a sub and promptly scored. Momentarily forgetting where I was I cheered and everyone around me just turned and laughed at me. As if that wasn’t bad enough they then scored a sixth and did it all over again. 

I’m sure THEY found it funny.

When Ian Ormondroyd played for us, I remember a game where someone on the Popside shouted "Oi Polaroid- flash past them". This was followed by "Oi Asteroid- get some height on it". This was then followed by "Oi Hemeroid- put some pressure on". Strange what makes you giggle at the time. 

Sat in the popside 95-96. Wolves at home . 0-0 very poor game .

10 minutes to go and the ball goes out of play  .  A very drunk bloke beside me picks up the ball and holds it out to Mark Venus .  As Venus reaches out drunk bloke tosses ball back behind his head and tells him to feck off- Venus calls him a twit .  At this point Marco Gabbiadini  jogs toward drunk man and tells him to stop fecking about .   Drunk man then tells Gabbiadini ' you stop fecking about and score some goals you fat bar steward'..  you just don't get this kind of dialogue at the new place do you.

I was sat watching us struggle to a 1-0 win over Weds in the early 2000's.  Weds supporters were singing the obligatory sheep shaggers abuse, to which one guy jumped out of his seat and defiantly bellowed "I'D RATHER SHAG A SHEEP THAN AN OWL!"  Stone silence from everyone in earshot...

On 26/11/2018 at 09:55, coneheadjohn said:

You know,those one liners people come out with that either crack you  up,make you cry or whatever.

Mine on Saturday was,

Tomori’s got a 12 inch knob!?

I’m stressed so you might get some crazy posts,just delete as you see fit,I’m trying to distract myself.

Not just Jack Marriott who swings low then 

You could change it to "You're poo, and your slags are too"!

So anyway... you can't type poo, but slag's perfectly acceptable?  

I've also noticed that a like is denoted by a heart rather than a thumbs up, so more love than like!

This forum is awful... but I like you!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

You could change it to "You're poo, and your slags are too"!

So anyway... you can't type poo, but slag's perfectly acceptable?  

I've also noticed that a like is denoted by a heart rather than a thumbs up, so more love than like!

This forum is awful... but I like you!

We couldn't remove the word slag because Owd Miner won't be able to talk about the heaps of coal any more. 

Archived