What You Heard in the Stand?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a bloody strange one that lasted a while and spiralled further and further out of control in the South Stand..

A Swansea player was down injured in the second half and a bloke shouted something along the lines of....

'Play on its not a head injury! He's not nearly dead! And if he is shoot him! If you're looking for sympathy it's in the dictionary! Between poo and Syphilis!'

I spent the next 15 minutes a) Working out how the hell that just came out of somebodies brain/ mouth? b) Working out if it would be in between those 2 words in the dictionary. Surely there would be quite a few words between them 2? c) Thinking that surely poo isn't in the dictionary? d) questioning my whole existence.

34 minutes ago, Frogram said:

I believe the " if you're looking for sympathy " thing is a UK forces saying , and I heard it during my time in the Merchant Navy .

Mid football match is a bit of a strange time to use it isn't it? Especially when it was at the other side of the pitch.

I can only assume he went into the match with the plan to use it. This was the best chance he got.

On 26/11/2018 at 14:05, Millenniumram said:

Preston away 2015. Pickford is in goal. Bloke next to me (we were at the front) finds it hilarious how he looks like a 12 year old. Shouts “DO YOU WANT A BISCUIT PICKFORD?!” at him relentlessly, seemingly the first thing he could think of to take the piss out of his baby face. I find the whole thing utterly bizzare and piss myself laughing the whole way through, wondering what will ever happen to this random Sunderland loanee after this showing. Pickford then takes England to the World Cup semi final and becomes one of the most expensive goalkeepers ever. Still known as want a biscuit to me. Can’t take him seriously to this day.

Not many are today

The smells I remember from my childhood are the beautiful aroma of hops and malt from Offilers brewery near the Arboretum, the occasional whiff of ammonia from the Ice Factory near the bus station and the stench from Richardson's tannery on Sinfin Lane.

Perhaps that's why they decided to build the new waste disposal plant on Sinfin Lane.

got a question and cba to make a new thread for it. But seeing as its nearly Christmas I was wondering if 'hark now here...blah blah blah, because of boxing day' song actually meant anything. I've only been a pride parker unfortunately not old enough for the BBG. what happened on boxing day

25 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

got a question and cba to make a new thread for it. But seeing as its nearly Christmas I was wondering if 'hark now here...blah blah blah, because of boxing day' song actually meant anything. I've only been a pride parker unfortunately not old enough for the BBG. what happened on boxing day

I believe it relates to 26th December 1978. Forest 1 v 1 Derby.

Guessing there was a small bout of festive fisticuffs.

On 03/12/2018 at 12:16, coneheadjohn said:

What does Derby smell of?

It changes with time, starting off with the smell of excitement and expectation, followed by partial satisfaction, but by January/February its an aroma of being absolutely gutted, blending into mild disappointment by May/June. 

The "Aroma cycle" is a fairly consistent model, having operated this way for several years, but the club's scientists have successfully managed to introduce a much longer lasting smell of optimism and hope which has let its present be felt for most of the season so far.

Archived