What You Heard in the Stand?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love tab hanging in the stands. Last game I went to there were 2 lads behind us and throughout the game, whenever any player got dispossessed, looked tired, misplaced a pass, one of them would say...

"He needs to come off."

It was constant to the point that me and my brother were miming it to each other a split second before they said it. This continued for 80 mins until the game had fizzled out and the stadium was silent for the last few mins. On about the 90th min Hudds stretched to keep the ball in play and ended up on the ground. I turned to the lads and said "He needs to come off", at which they both nodded and said "i was just thinking that!".

Peter Crouch has recently started a brilliant podcast, and one of the episodes involves fans writing in to apologise for the crazy things they’ve said on the terraces over the years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06rpnts

The best one from the episode is where someone who worked with Crouch’s dad at an advertising agency shouted ‘You’re Dad’s poo at advertising!’

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

You know,those one liners people come out with that either crack you  up,make you cry or whatever.

Mine on Saturday was,

Tomori’s got a 12 inch knob!?

I’m stressed so you might get some crazy posts,just delete as you see fit,I’m trying to distract myself.

He must have a massive door!

1980, I believe(?)...

I'm stood on the away terrace at Grimsby, leg nicely plastered from a break 6 days previous.

All was quiet, so the perfect opportunity to liven things up with my big gob...

So in full solo mode, for a nice slow build up ... #"Oh When the Rams..."

I swear, despite being 17/18, and despite already having been through puberty once already, my voice broke for a second time!  Just that one line, went through the whole scale, and x thousand Rams all turn to point and laugh!

Not my finest hour... although it didn't stop me being gobby on the terraces though, tbf!  

There was a guy in the C Stand that would be screaming every game, his face was bright red and looked like It would pop off any second (his blood pressure must have been sky high). He always got wound up by the opposition fans and one particular day we were playing someone from the people’s republic of Yorkshire when he went to shout “Foock off with your flat cap and whippet” but he was that irate It came out as “Foock off with your wat cap and flippet”.. everyone around us called him flippet for the rest of the time the C Stand was our home. 

Also, I made Nathan Blake pee himself laughing by shouting “your just an ugly Michelle Gayle” one game.

Preston away 2015. Pickford is in goal. Bloke next to me (we were at the front) finds it hilarious how he looks like a 12 year old. Shouts “DO YOU WANT A BISCUIT PICKFORD?!” at him relentlessly, seemingly the first thing he could think of to take the piss out of his baby face. I find the whole thing utterly bizzare and piss myself laughing the whole way through, wondering what will ever happen to this random Sunderland loanee after this showing. Pickford then takes England to the World Cup semi final and becomes one of the most expensive goalkeepers ever. Still known as want a biscuit to me. Can’t take him seriously to this day.

A bloke in the stand at Forest away in 2012 repetitively shouted 'Bad Meat! Your dad sells bad Meat!' to Lee Camp

He explained that Lee Camp's dad was apparently a butcher and once sold some bad meat to one of his customers... 

I do love the idea though that of all the abuse he took he came away from the game thinking about the portion of meat that his dad once sold incorrectly 

One of the best chants I've heard from travelling support was when we played Chelsea in the cup a few years ago (Moyes was at Man Utd), and I've sung it in my head from time to time since:

To the tune of "Cum on Feel the Noize" by Slade

"Feck Orf David Moyes,

Wenger touches boys,

We've got Mour-in-ho,

We've got Mour-in-ho"

Archived