v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Thought you would have been too busy filling out your application for the managerial position to have noticed we have taken the lead...

Me being critical doesn't mean I don't love it when we score, we were poo at the start of the game and there was nothing incorrect about what I have said as long as we win I don't care how we play, but I would just Like to see a bit more solidity in the midfield.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

As it stands, goal difference separates the teams between 2nd and 6th. I know it's almost certain to change before 5pm, but that is incredibly tight at this stage of the season.

It crazy, we have been very inconsistent and decent but far from great  so far this season apart from the Cup , yet if we win this and our next few games we will be in a great position going into the Christmas fixture list.

14 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Me being critical doesn't mean I don't love it when we score, we were poo at the start of the game and there was nothing incorrect about what I have said as long as we win I don't care how we play, but I would just Like to see a bit more solidity in the midfield.

From my point of view it just makes you look fickle and silly.

Lampard wants us to be an attacking team and picks the team accordingly.

If he started BJ I imagine you would be moaning about his passing and lack of goals.

Disjointed, being walked over in midfield at times but capable of bits of brilliance. Zoon is looking lively but is getting little support from Wisdom and vice versa when we've not got the ball. 

If we play well second half this result is in no doubt, another half like that then who knows - strap in! 

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Marriott hits the bar after a nice spell. Half time came at the wrong time. A third was coming. 

Shame that didn’t go in. We could do with improving our goal difference and taking these guys apart. Another two in the second half would be nice. 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I feel he's a player who needs a run of games to get up to speed (a bit like Bryson). 

All we've seen from him are cameo's and his form has been understandably patchy!

He's probably quite like how Ince was in that he'll play with a bit more freedom when the full back behind him is quite defensive minded (Wisdom), If I remember rightly, Ince had most of his off days when it was Christie behind him rather than Baird

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd be half tempted to get Davies on for Tomori to avoid a second yellow and hopefully improve us defensively 

Yeah I was thinking this. We need a calm head and a brick wall CB. Wednesday are cutting through our midfield far too easily. 

Archived