Andre Wisdom

Gritty

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to fathom. I was made up when we signed him and for the most part he's looked pretty decent without perhaps hitting the heights of his first stint at the club. This season though, he's looked desperately short on confidence. He's pretty much the only player I can think of who seems to have gone backwards under the current management set-up. Such a shame! 

Maybe he's being coached intensively behind the scenes to better fit Frank's vision?

Maybe he's not, and he's just a very good right back who can't adapt to a more attacking system?

I guess we will see if he gets an opportunity in the coming months, FWIW I think he has the pace and skill to do it, maybe it's just a matter of instilling the belief and confidence to pull it off.

10 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Can't get on the bench.  Even if Bogle injured I think Tomori goes RB and Keogh / Davies CB.

Think he might go in Jan to Stoke / Boro type team?

Nah, we need the out and out right back cover. I’d guess it’s a case of more coaching, then we might see him rotate a bit with bogie when he gets knackered.

We have a big squad, and we will need that big squad come the end of the season, people miss out for stints. But frank is doing a pretty decent job of giving everyone their turn, and keeping everyone in that big squad pretty happy. 

I like AW, good solid right back who you wouldn't wanna face if you're a winger. He's calm and composed in possession and can also play centre half so is useful for his versatility.  Maybe not offensive enough for the system we play but when Snakey was floundering around for a change of formation towards the end of last season, I thought AW did ok when asked to play a wing back role.

Wasn’t that long ago Huddlestone was out of the side, people were saying he’s just not right for a Lampard side...suddenly he’s back and we realised he’s just been working in training so he does fit.

Might not be what’s happening with Wisdom but he’s got the raw attributes to adapt 

I always see him as quality. He has a strength that maybe Bogle doesn’t .. one thing for sure he is one of the best tacklers I’ve seen at Derby. He can genuinely take the ball off a man and come away with it in control. 

I am sure there will be a place for him at some point. 

Lampard has reiterated the importance of squad depth, so Wisdom will get his opportunity. Then like the rest of them, it will be down to him to put in a performance. 

I rate Wisdom, like a few have mentioned, when he first came here on loan he was amazing. Solid, quick and overlapped all the time.. so he does have it in the locker... Unfortunately for him, Bogle is far more agile , quicker and better on the ball.. and that's what you need in Frank's system.

Great back up though!

I suspect that a lot will depend on how he is taking it - not even making the bench (and to be fair a right-back on the bench is not a priority when you have your other defenders who can switch there in an emergency)

If he's taking it well and getting his work done in training then his time will come. Frank seems more than happy to switch it up on a game by game basis (see the rotation of Malone and Forsyth and Davies in for Tomori at the weekend).

Bogle is really young and straight from the U18s - there will almost certainly come a time where he needs a break and Andre has to be ready. If he's sulking (and no indication that he is) then I expect he'll be moved out in Jan and a Bogle back up brought in

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Should have jumped against Fellaini instead of doing what he did, which I'm not actually sure was anything!

Probably what he did a few times already this season where he tries to push people over when the ball is there to attack. 

He stayed grounded 2 or 3 times in the first couple of games and gave away free headers. 

Don't mind him particularly but been doing some daft stuff. 

Archived