First school report of the season...score ?

Chester40

So as we kinda come to the end of the first sorta batch of games....what do we think? Marks out of ten for where we are?

I'm going 7.

Positives- lots of options around the pitch. Plenty of youth. Bradders has been a revelation for me. Only a point off top 6. A desire to play football. Plenty still to come.

Negatives- slight lack of creativity. Still no idea who are best 11 and some players underplayed (Marriott, Waghorn, especially). 7 points off top. Not many goals. Useless from corners at both ends and just useless in general aerially.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 out of 10 must try harder. 

The teacher isn't getting the best out of his pupils and needs to start developing the more able ones into a preferred way of playing. 

Man Utd away result glossed over a very poor run of recent results. Team needs to be able to raise its game against average opposition.

Positives Brentford, hope it wasn’t a one off.

Negatives can’t break through a tough defensive team. We don’t seem to be able to up the tempo and intensity to put a team under pressure for a sustained assault.

Top performer Mount.

Most of the rest are average who need to become top performers which we need to progress.

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Positives Brentford, hope it wasn’t a one off.

Negatives can’t break through a tough defensive team. We don’t seem to be able to up the tempo and intensity to put a team under pressure for a sustained assault.

Top performer Mount.

Most of the rest are average who need to become top performers which we need to progress.

I find it hard to come down hard on many of our players though. Who can you fault?

Carson, can't fault.

Bogle, revelation.

Keogh, impressive as always.

Tomori, one of our best players.

Forsyth/Malone fair enough, neither have impressed.

Johnson, like a new man.

Mount, incredible, too good for us

Bryson, Close to when he was at his best with us

Lawrence/Wilson, a moment of madness resulting in suspension and injury respectively have stuttered their seasons, there's little to fault them for (other than obviously the silly suspension)

Bennett, We didn't count on this guy being a regular starter before the season began and so what he's contributed has been a bonus

Josefzoon, could improve I'll accept but not played a whole lot and has been okay

Waghorn, is he a winger? Hm... Square peg in a round hole doing well at what he's being asked to do

Marriott, not had much game time and has been good when we've seen him.

Pupils appear to be trying hard to learn, and are certainly willing, but actual test results suggest that they are struggling to fully adapt to new collective learning techniques.  

Head Teacher has to date been very inclusive and wants to befriend pupils, but for performances to improve there is a strong argument for selective streaming and greater use of the rod.

C+

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Pupils appear to be trying hard to learn, and are certainly willing, but actual test results suggest that they are struggling to fully adapt to new collective learning techniques.  

Head Teacher has to date been very inclusive and wants to befriend pupils, but for performances to improve there is a strong argument for selective streaming and greater use of the rod.

C+

0324924F-5421-48C3-AE24-1812823383A6.jpeg

Sith Happens

When i was at school we had two grades, 1 for results and 1 for effort. So for me I would go 6/10 for result and 9/10 for effort.

We are up there challenging and when you have so many new players it takes time to get it right, that with a new manager too.

I have every confidence we will get it right. Its early days yet.

We’ve turned into Brentford. For the past few seasons Brentford have been lauded as playing attractive football, being a fixture teams are never expecting to get much from, yet somehow they keep just missing out on play offs. 

Never followed their results closely enough know why that is, but I imagine they suffer the same problems as us in terms of struggling to break down well organised teams, and maybe just lacking a bit of quality against the front runners. 

This leads to some fantastic results, which keep their reputation as an exciting team intact, but generally a lot of inconsistent results. 

That’s us all over at the minute. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised or disappointed if we end up about 8th this season. I just hope we’re able to kick on next season, and don’t get stuck in mid table limbo for seasons to come like Brentford. 

The new teaching staff have completely changed the atmosphere around the school. Pupils and we parents are all much happier.

Lateness has been an issue, sometimes lessons have been well underway before the pupils have sharpened their pencils.

More inclusion of the new kids required.

B-

Improvement necessary immediately as the 4 lessons left in October are quadruple maths.

Frank is the best manager since mac1

and before that since jim smith (until he went mad)

Both jim and schteve found a shape that suited us and produced great football

frank hasn't yet found the right shape to suit the players and is trying to avoid schisms in the squad by giving the old guard as much - if not more opportunity - than the newbies. 

But the pressing, the passing, and the general play is much improved.

Time to take a step back and ponder the next move. You can't fit everyone in. Time is up for some. 

It has got to be a B, if I'm being harsh B minus.

We are 7th, joint 6th which suggests something is going right, plus we have beaten United.

My gripe is that we don't seem able to beat the Rotherhams or Millwalls of the world and our football is ineffective against them.

I also think United and Chelsea in the cup were the worst possible draws as Lamps would see them more of a rest of himself than the players, against Hull he tried Waghorn, Holmes, bird etc, but clearly didn't do the same against United.

Style-8 Just need a bit more thought up front and maybe a formation tweak

Effort-9 Couple of players drift a bit when things are going wrong

Results-5 This is a results business and ours are not good enough at the moment. Less goals for, than Preston in 22!

Archived