Scott Malone

Poynton ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Not seen too much of him before last night

Got in to a couple of decent positions and put some good balls across the box.

But better than Fozzy, not sure??

I thought he looked exciting and would definitely have him instead of Fozzy - Although I feel bad saying that since Fozzy has been so much better this season

Malone made some mistakes - But for me they were high up the pitch (against Norwich) where we weren't in as much danger - Fozzy seems to make mistakes in and around the box - It's like Keogh and Tomori in earlier games - Keogh makes mistakes, but few of his cost us goals - Tomori made few mistakes but a lot of his have cost us goals - Depends where and when you make the mistakes

I thought Fozzy was finally starting to get some consistency of form but maybe the decision to play Malone against Norwich was because their right side was essentially made up of dwarves and Malone towered over them?

Just out of interest - when was the last time we had a first choice quality reliable left-back. I'm struggling to think of one since Chris Powell...

7 hours ago, StivePesley said:

I thought Fozzy was finally starting to get some consistency of form but maybe the decision to play Malone against Norwich was because their right side was essentially made up of dwarves and Malone towered over them?

Just out of interest - when was the last time we had a first choice quality reliable left-back. I'm struggling to think of one since Chris Powell...

Gareth Roberts ?

9 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Why do so many people feel the need to erase how good Fozzy was from 2013-2015 from history? 

2 hours ago, Rammer73 said:

Not so much erase, but every dog has his day & i'm afraid Fozzy is not the answer to getting out of this division. How many teams are hammering down our door to take him off our hands........

Who hammered down our doors for Hughes? We sold him on the cheap to ducking Watford 

It has no baring on how good a player is

12 hours ago, chadlad said:

Malone would probably fit a 3-5-2 system very well.

Bogle & Malone as wingbacks

Keogh, Davies and Forsyth as a back 3

Usual 3 centre mids - Jonno, Bryson & Mount

Waghorn & Marriott up top

Has possibilities....

Agree but would play Tomori ahead of Fozzy in the back 3....

Seemed a strange signing to me. A 27 year old journey man. Always good enough to be a half decent championship player, but if we got promotion, I feel we would have to move him on. Not good enough for the premier league. What contract did he get when we signed him.

13 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Jay McDoxey?

4 hours ago, Rammer73 said:

Not so much erase, but every dog has his day & i'm afraid Fozzy is not the answer to getting out of this division. How many teams are hammering down our door to take him off our hands........

One less than for Will Hughes so reckon that means nowt 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

Why do so many people feel the need to erase how good Fozzy was from 2013-2015 from history? 

Fozzy was top class in that period, absolutely capable of playing in the Prem if we'd gone up. Since his injury he has lost something defensively imo. Doesn't dominate or look as powerful and strong as he used to. He's a big unit and used to win everything in the air but seems to not be confident in attacking the ball with real purpose as he used to.

Someone told me that the type of injury he suffered ducks your mind up  Always rated the bloke and hope he can get back to the 2013 - 2015 Fozzy we all knew and loved.

• 3 months later...
On 04/10/2018 at 19:36, reveldevil said:

He looked like a clumsy version of Fozzy to me, which takes some doing.

Never seen such thin legs on a professional footballer either, makes Crouch look like the Rock.

'Of course the cross came in

Because he's legs too thin

Malone again, 

Naturally'.

I'd play him on left side of midfield. He should have the ability to track back and is decent going forward, and has put in some good crosses since he's been here. It's clear he's not a natural left-back and lacks defensive nous.

54 minutes ago, KCG said:

I'd play him on left side of midfield. He should have the ability to track back and is decent going forward, and has put in some good crosses since he's been here. It's clear he's not a natural left-back and lacks defensive nous.

I hope I never see Malone play left midfield, we have plenty of better options to play there than Malone, for example Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn, Bennett, Holmes.  Just to name a few.

3 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I hope I never see Malone play left midfield, we have plenty of better options to play there than Malone, for example Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn, Bennett, Holmes.  Just to name a few.

King behind Lawrence on the left looks a good option too. 

Archived