Scott Malone

Poynton ram

5 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I hope I never see Malone play left midfield, we have plenty of better options to play there than Malone, for example Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn, Bennett, Holmes.  Just to name a few.

Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn and Bennett are all forwards not midfield players.

We haven't had the right balance between attack and defence and our full backs have been exposed by players who give the ball away and can't tackle.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Malone left mid, Lawrence up top, Tomori DM, wouldn’t let any of you lot cook for me!

Just waiting for Roos at right back after the tackle he made the other week.

So you missed that post then? 

12 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I hope I never see Malone play left midfield, we have plenty of better options to play there than Malone, for example Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn, Bennett, Holmes.  Just to name a few.

There are far better places to play all of those players you name, with maybe the exception of Bennett, who I don't rate. The most important thing that we require is team balance, which we have sadly lacked in many games this season. Lawrence for example doesn't offer cover on the left and like many of our mids, would prefer to play in the hole behind the striker(s). It's time we played Waghorn as a striker in tandem with Marriott.

Malone is excellent on the ball and our best crosser, but a truely appalling defender. Thought lowes positional sense wasn’t great but Christ, Scott makes him look like Roberto Carlos. I’d look at him left mid or somewhere like that as well, it’s suicide playing him left back at the moment.

So.....apart from Lawrence, Bennett, Malone, keezy (altho its a quiet week due to his Man of the Match award), and some sudden doubts about Carson....and Frank, are we actually reasonably satisfied??

11 hours ago, Srg said:

I always have a hard time with any player that can't even use their weaker foot for standing on.

Me too. Will Hughes and Tom Ince particularly spring to mind; so technically gifted yet so utterly useless on one foot. Used to drive me mad.

In general, the amount of professional footballers who seem only capable of using one foot is staggering considering its their job.

Archived