• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Thorne

Butters Mount 

Flo Jo Marriott Bennett 

Honestly, the midfield is a massive issue. If Thorne truly has had it then I’d still play Butterfield deep and have Bryson in. 

I believe Hull was the first time Eric Steele had watched us this season and it was even clear to him just how badly we’re missing a controller. 

We are looking for a midfield maestro to join our talented team. do you have the skills to provide the vital link between defence and attack? Are you able to pass, run for ninety minutes, compete and produce that moment of magic? The successful applicant will be the special player required to make this team tick. Applications are positively encouraged from blonde, left-footed, 23 year old albinos, as we are under represented in this area.

Issue is our midfield and frank wanting to play fast attacking football which is a massive change from last season. We lack cohesion and the balance in midfield, which are key to us being successful but are not easy fixes. We wont see the best of FL's Derby County this season. Ill settle for midtable with players like Holmes and Bogle playing more and more, with us aiming to push for top 6 next season. Anything more is a bonus.

No point raising expectations stupidly high after a few wins vs bottom half teams, I expect we will lose a few when we have a tough run in november. But part of learning curve, if we can get one midfield general in the summer we can really be a force in this league. Feel like we are one ball playing cb and one CM away from a top 2 team,. never mind a top 6 one

Well then, that debacle I fear will run right into this match. Need to really pull some magic against all the odds out here. Spotlight will be right on who remains in the team, and they need to show up to make up for that shitshow. Christ knows what team we put out really, it’s clear we still haven’t found a midfield balance and it’s of great concern that I’m not sure we have the personnel to field a midfield that can actually control anything. Blackburn are a decent side but one we should be beating, to do that however we need to play our game properly and stop giving the ball/fouls away in stupid areas.

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Forsyth

Huddlestone

Butterfield (no one else has worked...)  Mount

Josefzoon Waghorn Wilson

I'd be tempted to move Waghorn out onto the wing (put him on the right and FloJo on the left) and give Marriott a start in place of the suspended Lawrence. I don't think many changes are needed, but it's so important Frank tells both Huddlestone and Johnson to help the defence out if Blackburn choose to sit off us as Rotherham did. We can't keep expecting our centre backs to be the players to pick a defence splitting pass because our midfield can't be arsed to come short for the ball 

Same level of passion again on Tuesday please, maybe a few tweaks to the team. Bennett and Marriott for Lawrence and FloJo please, the Bennett/Bogle partnership is fantastic. 

Not overly fussed by today's game, bad blip against a physical team and lost our heads with that red card. Bogle/Holmes/Bennett all looking better all around today, I'll be damned if at least one of those three don't make it big for us and play in the prem someday. 

36 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Id want us to play Holmes Marriot and Jofezoon

This season for me is a transition season, is to see who is and who isnt suited to FLs style. We need Holmes and Marriot to see if they can prove themselves and improve. 

The problem with a transitional season arises when the players don’t fit the intended system. What do you do? Shoehorn the players in so the weak links are evident or do you tweak the system and thus venturing away from your philosophy?

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Bogle Keogh  Tomori  Malone

Huddlestone   

Mount        Johnson

Waghorn  Marriott   Jozefzoon 

And actually play Huddlestone where he is best rather than making him wander up the pitch. 

I’d go with that 

only thing I’d consider is mason bennet 

leave him as impact sub or give him the nod, he’s really made an impression when coming on and has done as much as anybody to deserve a starting birth 

Whilst it's never nice to see one of our players get sent off. Even more so when the lad is absolutely brain dead. But Lawrence has got that streak in him. 

I actually think that him being banned for 3 games could be a blessing in disguise.

I think Lampard feels compelled to pick Lawrence on account of the fact he's scored a few goals. 

I said on a different thread a couple of weeks ago that he's getting away with murder at the minute cos he's scored a few goals. His general play this season has been awful. I expected a lot more from him this season. 

One of the most infuriating players I've seen for a while. Can tell he's got ability. But rarely do we see it. 

Yesterday was the same. Before he got sent off he was woeful. 

Let's go again . Play Waghorn out wide (I think he's more effective there) bring Marriott in and like some others have mentioned give Butterfield a go ! He's still a good player , let's use him. Oh and Malone in for Fozzy.

Carson 

Bogle.      Keogh.         Tomori.      Malone

Huddlestone

Butterfield.          

Waghorn             Mount.          Jozefzoon 

Marriot

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Whilst it's never nice to see one of our players get sent off. Even more so when the lad is absolutely brain dead. But Lawrence has got that streak in him. 

I actually think that him being banned for 3 games could be a blessing in disguise.

I think Lampard feels compelled to pick Lawrence on account of the fact he's scored a few goals. 

I said on a different thread a couple of weeks ago that he's getting away with murder at the minute cos he's scored a few goals. His general play this season has been awful. I expected a lot more from him this season. 

One of the most infuriating players I've seen for a while. Can tell he's got ability. But rarely do we see it. 

Yesterday was the same. Before he got sent off he was woeful. 

Is it 3 or 1?

We said the same thing after Millwall game, two home games in  a week is great chance to build momentum.

I'd like to see us stick with the same midfield three, but change up the front three.

Bennett deserves to play and I think Waghorn has looked better out wide coming in on his left.

Just now, Shuff264 said:

We said the same thing after Millwall game, two home games in  a week is great chance to build momentum.

I'd like to see us stick with the same midfield three, but change up the front three.

Bennett deserves to play and I think Waghorn has looked better out wide coming in on his left.

Agree with this. 

So Boyce kicks me off after one defeat very harsh that was mate, myself and Frank winning run is ended, think we will go and win our next two though, it will be tough but let's get pp rocking, and push the lads onto victory , if we win, will Frank start the bounce from his seat, you bet he will., 

Archived