bryson  ledley 

mount 

waghorn   mariott 

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is he fit again?

Yes I believe Wilson is fit, but obviously not match fit. Does he get that by coming off the bench or starting and getting as many minutes into his legs as possible? Different managers take different approaches. And obviously it depends on how he's been training.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I usually agree with everything you normally say SDSR but I too was at hull and I thought Malone was very poor and to back that up he was leaving players to run in behind him as well as standing six feet away allowing crosses all the time by never getting close to his player and not bothering to actually jump for headers despite his size, when Forsyth came on all that just stopped.

I like my defenders to be able to actually defend ! Malone also did nothing going forward that I noticed ( I know he had one ball go in on goal which looked like a mishit cross to me and those around me) 

Hmm. I thought we were very solid in the first half. They had next to nothing and I thought he linked up well with Josefzoon. Second half i’d agree with you but I didn’t think Forsyth was particularly great either

42 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I find it baffling how some people are leaving Jozefzoon out of their teams. He’s been our best attacking player, provides genuine width and provides an outlet with his pace and dribbling. 

Have we played anyone other than Leeds that are any good yet. 

Can Jozefzoon track back. 

54 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I find it baffling how some people are leaving Jozefzoon out of their teams. He’s been our best attacking player, provides genuine width and provides an outlet with his pace and dribbling. 

I've liked Jozefzoon so far but I thought he had a poor game on Saturday. Needs to come and look for the ball when he isn't getting it. Bennett was far more involved when he came on. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I've liked Jozefzoon so far but I thought he had a poor game on Saturday. Needs to come and look for the ball when he isn't getting it. Bennett was far more involved when he came on. 

He wasn’t the only poor one player though. Bennett is better as an impact player for now imo, he didn’t do too well when he started earlier this season but has done well coming off the bench. 

For me, Jozefzoon has to start otherwise we are fairly easy to play against as everyone knows we like to build up from the back. A lack of pace up front for us means that teams can press higher like Leeds did, knowing we don’t have the speed on the counter.

1 hour ago, Newleaf said:

Have we played anyone other than Leeds that are any good yet. 

Can Jozefzoon track back. 

We’ve had a very generous start to the season it has to be said. We’ve got some difficult fixtures up to around December from now before becoming ‘easier’ new year time. It will be a test whether we have progressed under Lampard or whether the ‘easier’ fixtures on paper has covered over some of the cracks that Leeds exploited especially.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We’ve had a very generous start to the season it has to be said. We’ve got some difficult fixtures up to around December from now before becoming ‘easier’ new year time. It will be a test whether we have progressed under Lampard or whether the ‘easier’ fixtures on paper has covered over some of the cracks that Leeds exploited especially.

This is the point but hey ho you never know. 

I think we are missing Curtis to be honest. 

Hope he is fit soon. 

Midfield is weak in my eyes still. 

Carson

Bogle     Keogh         Tomori      Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson             Mount

Jozefzoon                                 Waghorn

Marriott

Surely its time to see Marriott play up top? Nugent was left out on Saturday and Marriott did well when he came on. Push Waghorn out left and let Wilson be back up on bench for either Flo Jo or Waggy

Archived